Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 10:19 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And it was pushed on veterans with no clinical trial, with results not in line with what Trump proclaimed.

You're proud of that?
What do you thin NY is doing... You think they bought 700k of the drug to not test it on people... For a governor and mayor who doesn't believe... They sure don't act like it... The governor of Michigan penalize doctors for using it, right before she said they should use it if they wanted to... Are you proud of that.. or maybe Tom Hanks and his wife and every rich person getting it.. right after they claim it didn't work until they got sick...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You couldn't give a rats arse about your brethren when you come in here lacking any scientific knowledge proclaiming that you the truth when you know Jack crap...
You don't know horse crap from an apple. All you do is tout the Trump line.

I was a medic in the Army- how did you serve? Let me guess- you didn't. You were a coward. Like Trump.

They tested Trumps 'miracle cocktail' on Vets, moron. Put your head on for Christ's sake. They were on top of it and provided the data.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
OK I agree you are correct. But it is only one of the Universities involved and the outcome is still the same. The cocktail does not work in practice. Fewer survive with it than without it.
No, you have no basis for making that statement. The study does not support your claim.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
You don't know horse crap from an apple. All you do is tout the Trump line.

I was a medic in the Army- how did you serve? Let me guess- you didn't. You were a coward. Like Trump.

They tested Trumps 'miracle cocktail' on Vets, moron. Put your head on for Christ's sake.
Lol... Medic... I have more clinical experience than you will have in five lifetimes...

Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari_Warrior_Danju View Post
WOW. Trump drug? GIVE ME A BREAK AND BAKE ME A CAKE.

Anything to blame Trump. Wonderful.
It’s the Trump supporters who I first saw label it the Trump drug.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:26 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, you have no basis for making that statement. The study does not support your claim.
Fewer survived with Hydroxychloroquine according to the study; granted, they did not give a clear determination on the “cocktail“ in their closing remarks.

Patients not treated with hydroxychloroquine (No HC) had the lowest rate of death compared to the HC and HC+AZ cohorts”.

“On the contrary, hydroxychloroquine use alone was associated with an increased risk of mortality compared to standard care alone.”

“Specifically, hydroxychloroquine use with or without co-administration of azithromycin did not improve mortality....”

Old 04-21-2020, 10:28 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
“ This paper represents original research conducted using data from the Department of Veterans Affairs and is, in part, the result of work supported with resources and the use of facilities at the Dorn Research Institute, Columbia VA Health Care System, Columbia, South Carolina.”

Yes, the authors are from both Virginia and South Carolina. That does not make it a “Virginia Study” as the other poster is claiming.
VA can be an abbreviation for both the state of Virginia and the Veterans Administration. The very existence of this conversation shows that it needs to be disambiguated.

Quote:
You dispute the VA ran a study? It's the one that ran with it AFTER the President touted it. ON VETERANS.
The VA did not run a study at all. The study was an analysis of medical records only.

The drugs are not being used only on veterans, and someone had to give consent for it to be used, either the patient or his family.

Considering the age of people most likely to be treated in a VA hospital, it is a high risk population to begin with.

Quote:
And it was pushed on veterans with no clinical trial, with results not in line with what Trump proclaimed.
How do you know it was "pushed" on veterans?

Old 04-21-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Lol... Medic... I have more clinical experience than you will have in five lifetimes...
And you didn't get the message apparently. "Physician do no harm".

You failed your oath. Shame on you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/healt...udy/index.html

Quote:
In the study of 368 patients, 97 patients who took hydroxychloroquine had a 27.8% death rate. The 158 patients who did not take the drug had an 11.4% death rate.
"An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs," wrote the authors, who work at the Columbia VA Health Care System in South Carolina, the University of South Carolina and the University of Virginia.
Remind me to not let you near me, clinically.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:32 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
VA can be an abbreviation for both the state of Virginia and the Veterans Administration. The very existence of this conversation shows that it needs to be disambiguated.

The VA did not run a study at all. The study was an analysis of medical records only.

The drugs are not being used only on veterans, and someone had to give consent for it to be used, either the patient or his family.

Considering the age of people most likely to be treated in a VA hospital, it is a high risk population to begin with.

I’m well aware that VA can stand for both Virginia and the Department of Veterans Affairs; UVA would have been far more appropriate an abbreviation to use by the poster as there was little affiliation with the study to the state itself.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Are you serious? Vet's are subjected to 'optional' methods quite a bit. And no, the age isn't high risk- we've had soldiers coming home in the VA system for DECADES. These folks are younger than me- in their 30's and 40's. Most in decent shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies