Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 07:16 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If this is for real, it's a smart move. He can't campaign, but this will keep him in the public eye. It's not like there's any leadership coming from the White House, so it's a good time to remind Americans how a sane president should act and sound.
If you believe Biden is sane, then you also may be entering into dementia as is old, demented, pedophile Joe..
Watching him holding a fireside chat will be pure comedy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 07:39 PM

1,141 posts, read 449,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Don't get me wrong, Trump has botched this up big time, but Biden deserves to be roasted for his comments on this too.
How? Let's have some specifics. Trump reacts to what advisers and scientist tell him. The disease has become more of an emergency to everyone democrat and Republican alike. Trump's actions have mirrored the increased awareness and concern of those on the front lines and those in labs studying the virus. He has made many changes and taken many actions no one would have supported until we had a better understanding of the threat.

Someone else asked, and I am asking too. You are claiming Trump botched this. Tell us specifically what he botched up. Not your feelings about his language, who he offended or the color of his hair. Let's hear it, because I call BS on your statement he "botched" it up. He has done a good job and even many of his critics now have to admit that.

China lied and under reported the numbers, the severity of the symptoms, the mortality rate and the contagion factor of this disease. They failed to notify the world of the real risk until they couldn't hide it. Trump reacted quickly and was vilified as xenophobic for his reaction. This was by buffoons that were still slobbering over a phony impeachment everyone knew was going nowhere.

Now people who lost another round in the anti Trump war are ecstatic that Trump may be taken out by a virus, even if that virus has to kill thousands of Americans to do it. You guys are unbelievable.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:43 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If this is for real, it's a smart move. He can't campaign, but this will keep him in the public eye. It's not like there's any leadership coming from the White House, so it's a good time to remind Americans how a sane president should act and sound.
Wouldn't it be better coming from someone like Obama?

Can you really believe that Biden would have handled this much better as he actually said that travel restrictions would spread Covid-19 more than no travel restrictions and that travel restrictions were racist and xenophobic?

Biden is a science denier if science offends his sense of PC.

Please note, I am not saying Trump is faultless. Anyone paying attention saw this coming since at least mid-January and Trump needed to get on tests, masks, and more travel restrictions. Perhaps organizing some states to act as one better, ect.

https://nationalfile.com/flashback-b...as-xenophobia/

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Link?

I don't want to miss this train wreck.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...annings-139629

Old 03-21-2020, 10:20 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
It's the presidents of the last 32 years who don't and didn't care about the American people. Trump is doing what he's doing for you and all Americans--that's why he's reviled by the establishment.
Trump could have done something sooner by taking this seriously. Instead he took it as an attack against him calling it a hoax. And conservative pundits were downplaying it as well. So sorry, he's taking action to save his presidency.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:46 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump could have done something sooner by taking this seriously. Instead he took it as an attack against him calling it a hoax. And conservative pundits were downplaying it as well. So sorry, he's taking action to save his presidency.
Or, maybe he realized as the situation in Italy worsened and we could actually trust the information coming from Italy that this was going to be way worse than initially thought. I am convinced that he did better than any other president would have simply by shutting flights down for Chinese tourists. It could have been stronger, but look at how much hell he took just for that. You know no other politician would have ever done that. Too bad the Europeans were too busy calling that racist to actually shut down travel as well. Maybe we could have bought more time. But I doubt it. I think it was already here before China shut down Wuhan. The incubation time is too long.

I know every other president would have attempted to downplay it at first to calm the markets. I do dislike the way Trump lashes out at reporters and blames people. It would be nice if he’d cool it during a time of crisis. He has many character flaws, but I cannot imagine any of the Democratic candidates doing better. The media/DNC ran off the only ones that I would have been comfortable voting for during this crisis - Schultz and Bloomberg. And I’m not a big fan of either, just think I could have pulled the lever for either of them if needed.

Last edited by katygirl68; 03-21-2020 at 10:56 PM..

Old 03-21-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Or, maybe he realized as the situation in Italy worsened and we could actually trust the information coming from Italy that this was going to be way worse than initially thought. I am convinced that he did better than any other president would have simply by shutting flights down for Chinese tourists. It could have been stronger, but look at how much hell he took just for that. You know no other politician would have ever done that. Too bad the Europeans were too busy calling that racist to actually shut down travel as well. Maybe we could have bought more time. But I doubt it. I think it was already here before China shut down Wuhan. The incubation time is too long.
Our intelligence agencies warned Trump about this in January. He chose to ignore it and play it down. Now look where we are because he didn't take it seriously.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:56 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Our intelligence agencies warned Trump about this in January. He chose to ignore it and play it down. Now look where we are because he didn't take it seriously.

In January, Biden was busying saying it was racist or xenophobic to ban travel from China. Biden says China is your friend and you can totally trust them... Even though China covered up and lied about the virus at first, and threatened to lock the doctor up who spoke up about it. Trump's handing of this was leagues better than what they were forced to put up with in China.

People say that US hospitals here don't have enough test kits... Did you see the videos of the crap going on in Chicom hospitals, where workers were working multiple shifts, days and weeks on end, with no days off, and literally crying out in agony? Doctors were cussing out the government officials because they were not able to go home and see their families at all. They were literally begging the government for supplies because they were getting very little in the way of support, and the situation appeared hopeless at first.

Trump's leadership so far has been far, far superior to the crap they got in China. And they are not permitted to speak up about it, because they are threatened and forced to live in fear.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
In January, Biden was busying saying it was racist or xenophobic to ban travel from China. Biden says China is your friend and you can totally trust them... Even though China covered up and lied about the virus at first, and threatened to lock the doctor up who spoke up about it. Trump's handing of this was leagues better than what they were forced to put up with in China.
Biden is not our president last I checked. This is on Trump so stop deflecting.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:05 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
He never called the virus a hoax.

He called the media's hype and hysteria a hoax.

Meanwhile he had a task force working on what to do about the virus.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:05 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Biden is not our president last I checked. This is on Trump so stop deflecting.

And Trump has done a far better job than that fool Biden would have done. Certainly better than the way the people in China were treated. Trump's leadership is not perfect, but who out there is doing better at leading their people through this? America is still looking pretty damn good compared to the rest of the world. Could have done without that whole crashing of the economy due to the coronavirus, but you certainly can't blame Trump for that... Unless you have full blown TDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies