Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 01:23 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's awfully sobering that even Trump doesn't claim that the response to this virus is a "hoax" anymore...

yet a bunch of his supporters on here still claim that it is a "democrat" strategy to remove Trump.
We still have not received an explanation...
Quote:
Why Did the Trump Administration Reject the WHO Coronavirus Test?
It's the most consequential—and inexplicable—move of this crisis.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...cted-who-test/
If his supporters want to die on that hill it is their choice.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:25 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,821,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump doesn't personally make medical supplies, at least to my knowledge. So what is he supposed to do? Seize them from private businesses and individuals?

The risk of what? What risk did Trump say was low?

Most presidents are inconsistent and indecisive at times. Especially when they do not have all the facts and don't fully understand what they are dealing with. I doubt Trump has spent or invested much time learning about viruses throughout his life. Do you think Biden or Hillary would have any more of a clue?

I disagree that he has been a horrible leader. Go look at what they dealt with in China and get back to me. Get back to me when the police are showing up at your door because you spoke ill of Trump's handling of this. Then we can talk about how bad you have it with Trump's leadership.
Trump does control reserved supplies. Trump does control military supplies.

The risk of corona virus infection is implied given the context. He refers to it as "disease", specifically.

Trump should be surrounded by experts to guide him making decisions. He's too worried about the "signal" than presenting accurate information and making useful decisions. This isn't about Hillary and Biden. Donald Trump is the President.

Trump praised China's handling of the virus. Adds to his poor leadership. He's no Reagan and definitely the worst leader since.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:28 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,246,733 times
Quote:

Hindsight is always 20/20. And you are a confirmed TDS sufferer, so Trump literally can do no good. He could cure cancer, and you would be whining about all the doctors he's going to put out of work. I'm sure you nodded you head in approval when Biden said Trumps planned travel bans from China we racist. But somehow, he did not do enough.

This is not hindsight. This is what we liberals have been saying for weeks. It was obvious to everyone with a brain and common sense (I reckon most right-wingers don't).

This is why Republicans are always poor manager of crisis. They can't see the obvious and froze when crisis hits. Democrats are natural crisis managers and we can see the solutions miles ahead of the right-wing.

Forget about curing cancer, at this point, I'd be impressed if Trump actually understands what cancer is.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:29 AM

29,847 posts, read 24,947,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So President Trump should order the nation to return back to normal, while pretending COVID-19 is just the ordinary flu?

The only person that seems to be asking for that is you. Most ordinary people just want a reasonable, rational response. People don't want to lose their jobs, possibly their homes, miss meals, under any circumstances... Let alone over a virus with a mortality rate of perhaps 1%. Making everyone poorer will do far more damage and will cause the life expectancy to decline, probably around the world. Another victory for the left I know, but most rational people are not hoping for this kind of outcome.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:32 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I know, they are truly a sick and hateful group. I'm so looking forward to Trump winning reelection in November.
Bunch of Chinese eating bat/guano soup, China hiding the severity of the virus, sending the world into a panic and the left blames Trump. Democrats smear campaign is so predictable.

The crying and whining hasn’t stopped since 2016.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:32 AM

29,847 posts, read 24,947,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is not hindsight. This is what we liberals have been saying for weeks. It was obvious.

This is why Republicans are always poor manager of crisis. They can't see the obvious and froze when crisis hits. Democrats are natural crisis managers and we can see the solutions miles ahead of the right-wing.

Forget about curing cancer, at this point, I'd be impressed if Trump actually understands what cancer is.
Way back in December, very early January, I was called a conspiracy theorist by liberals here for saying there may be a scary virus starting in China, and raising the possibility that their government was censuring it. At that time, I knew their government was going to great lengths to censure discussion of the virus, as well as arresting people for speaking out about the government's handling of it.

I know what liberals were saying and when. They were calling Trump racist way back in January for wanting a travel ban from China. They were calling people conspiracy theorists for saying China did not have this under control. The WHO was praising the hell out of China at that time. Lefties all had their thumbs up their rears talking about impeachment and Russia nonsense. You folks are never on the ball about what's really going on.

Everything seems so obvious in hindsight, but your side demonstrated how clueless you are to what's really going on real time. The left has had an extraordinary long losing streak since Trump became president. Wrong about pretty much everything, with great consistency.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:36 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,821,773 times
Quote:
Wow. That's an uncalled for generalizing statement. Republicans are fine at managing crises. Just because the current administration is incompetent, doesn't mean the entire party is.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Wow. That's an uncalled for generalizing statement. Republicans are fine at managing crises. Just because the current administration is incompetent, doesn't mean the entire party is.
That's based on the Iraq quagmire, Great Recession, Katrina, and now this.

That's a lot of mismanagement to call it an accident.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Way back in December, very early January, I was called a conspiracy theorist by liberals here for saying there may be a scary virus starting in China, and raising the possibility that their government was censuring it. At that time, I knew their government was going to great lengths to censure discussion of the virus, as well as arresting people for speaking out about the government's handling of it.

I know what liberals were saying and when. They were calling Trump racist way back in January for wanting a travel ban from China. They were calling people conspiracy theorists for saying China did not have this under control. The WHO was praising the hell out of China at that time. Lefties all had their thumbs up their rears talking about impeachment and Russia nonsense. You folks are never on the ball about what's really going on.

Everything seems so obvious in hindsight, but your side demonstrated how clueless you are to what's really going on real time. The left has had an extraordinary long losing streak since Trump became president. Wrong about pretty much everything, with great consistency.

Where is this post? You might have made such a post but I am not seeing it in your profile. In early Jan, you were posting about the trade deal, Biden, Pelosi, and Epstein...

If liberals were calling it's racists to ban China travel, that's news to me. We were saying there should have be even more restrictions.

Several right-wingers made posts saying how suddenly liberals want to ban immigrants, ha ha. You don't remember that? you might have participated in it.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:50 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
This is not hindsight. This is what we liberals have been saying for weeks. It was obvious to everyone with a brain and common sense (I reckon most right-wingers don't).

He knows it is caused by windmills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies