Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:16 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But. The. Administration. Was. Forewarned.

My blue state federal tax dollars pay for what is necessary as the first lines of defense but what Sweet Potato Hitler decided to ignore and gut.
Get a grip, will you?

Do you have anything of value to offer? Or do you prefer to spend time making up childish names?

Again, you are being an armchair quarterback. Coulda shoulda woulda. After all, hindsight is 20/20 vision.

What is your detailed plan to deal with this? Tell us, armchair quarterback, in great detail what you would have done differently. Or do you just prefer to spout your blind hatred of Trump?

Old 03-22-2020, 03:20 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Get a grip, will you?

Do you have anything of value to offer? Or do you prefer to spend time making up childish names?

Again, you are being an armchair quarterback. Coulda shoulda woulda. After all, hindsight is 20/20 vision.

What is your detailed plan to deal with this? Tell us, armchair quarterback, in great detail what you would have done differently. Or do you just prefer to spout your blind hatred of Trump?

We know what these people want. They want the economy in shambles. It's because the economy was Trump's precious, and they would rather take it away from him, even if it hurts the masses and creates poverty, pain and suffering around the globe. That is how sick some people are. No rational person would risk 25% unemployment and negative GDP growth, a great depression, over a virus with possibly a 1% mortality rate.

But they will direct you to a video of a bunch of old people lying sick in a hospital, like you are too stupid to know the kind of pain and suffering that routinely goes on in a hospital. The only thing they are doing is creating panic and fear and using this pain and suffering as an excuse to create more pain and suffering for the masses.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:06 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's not how it happened or what was goingon in January. This article you've supplied is from March 11th. By then, even sleepy dementia Joe had had caught on that coronavirus could become a big problem.

Before than, I even remember reading articles from some lame stream media sources claiming the virus could actually be GOOD for the stock market and the economy! The lame stream media did a particularly awful and terrible job delivering the facts in a timely manner. Media giants like CNN work and take orders from the Chicoms, so it's no surprise.
Quote:
We know what these people want. They want the economy in shambles. It's because the economy was Trump's precious, and they would rather take it away from him, even if it hurts the masses and creates poverty, pain and suffering around the globe. That is how sick some people are. No rational person would risk 25% unemployment and negative GDP growth, a great depression, over a virus with possibly a 1% mortality rate.

But they will direct you to a video of a bunch of old people lying sick in a hospital, like you are too stupid to know the kind of pain and suffering that routinely goes on in a hospital. The only thing they are doing is creating panic and fear and using this pain and suffering as an excuse to create more pain and suffering for the masses.
Wow. Still putting your money on the “global conspiracy theory” charge, I see.

Yep, the whole world is against Trump, that’s obviously the only logical conclusion that can be drawn.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Wow. Still putting your money on the “global conspiracy theory” charge, I see.

Yep, the whole world is against Trump, that’s obviously the only logical conclusion that can be drawn.

Aaaannnnd.....

You got nothing. No surprise there.

I never said it was a conspiracy but I am keeping an open mind about all possibilities until we learn more. We are in the middle of a trade war with the Chicoms, and who knows what other types of wars. Probably cyber war at least.

If you want to talk about conspiracy theories, how's that Russia thingy working out for ya? The left went off the deep end with the conspiracies after Trump became your president and the TDS kicked in.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:27 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:

Who are "these people" ? Rational people know how dangerous this virus is and would do anything rather than risk illness and possible death to themselves or their family members.

How can you downplay the seriousness of this when even Washington state is using motels and soccer fields to set up beds for the sick? How do you explain the shortage of necessary items to prevent Drs. & nurses treating this?
If you really think this is some kind of conspiracy please provide links to your theory.
Get a grip Andy

Old 03-22-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Aaaannnnd.....

You got nothing. No surprise there.

I never said it was a conspiracy but I am keeping an open mind about all possibilities until we learn more. We are in the middle of a trade war with the Chicoms, and who knows what other types of wars. Probably cyber war at least.

If you want to talk about conspiracy theories, how's that Russia thingy working out for ya? The left went off the deep end with the conspiracies after Trump became your president and the TDS kicked in.
You keep pushing some crackpot conspiracy with zero proof and then have the gall to say “you got nothing”.

Whatever bud, I can’t help the willingly blind.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
You keep pushing some crackpot conspiracy with zero proof and then have the gall to say “you got nothing”.

Whatever bud, I can’t help the willingly blind.
I'm not pushing theories, but I am not ignoring them either. I am more than willing to listen to a crackpot like Alex Jones talk for 5 minutes, just to hear the other side of the story. It doesn't mean I have to believe everything, or even anything he has to say. But some of the crackpot theories have turned out to be true, including when the virus was first talked about in December. Some conspiracy theory sites were talking about it, and people here were being called conspiracy theorists for saying there was a potentially dangerous virus in China that there government was trying to hide. You likely would have been one of those people calling others "conspiracy theorists" for saying this was going on at the time.

I definitely do think there are many people that are rooting for a full shutdown, because they know it will devastate the economy. That's no theory, that's reality. There are people working in government who have said they would attend Trump rallies just go get people sick with coronavirus, if they had it. These are not crackpot theories, this is the kind of crap that is going on, and the toxic environment crated by the lame stream media and the poisonous political atmosphere they work hard to create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Who are "these people" ? Rational people know how dangerous this virus is and would do anything rather than risk illness and possible death to themselves or their family members.

How can you downplay the seriousness of this when even Washington state is using motels and soccer fields to set up beds for the sick? How do you explain the shortage of necessary items to prevent Drs. & nurses treating this?
If you really think this is some kind of conspiracy please provide links to your theory.
Get a grip Andy

I never said it wasn't a concern. I said it's not worth trying to stop the world and bringing on the great depression 2.0 for a virus with a mortality rate of perhaps 1-2%. The poverty created globally would easily eclipse the number of people saved by shutting our lives down for a period of weeks or months.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not pushing theories, but I am not ignoring them either. I am more than willing to listen to a crackpot like Alex Jones talk for 5 minutes, just to hear the other side of the story. It doesn't mean I have to believe everything, or even anything he has to say.

I definitely do think there are many people that are rooting for a full shutdown, because they know it will devastate the economy. That's no theory, that's reality. There are people working in government who have said they would attend Trump rallies just go get people sick with coronavirus, if they had it. These are not crackpot theories, this is the kind of crap that is going on, and the toxic environment crated by the lame stream media and the poisonous political atmosphere they work hard to create.
Yada yada yada, I know a crackpot theory when I see one.

Saying the world is behind this virus solely to bring down trump is a crackpot theory.

One for which you have zero proof.

Cheers.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Yada yada yada, I know a crackpot theory when I see one.

Saying the world is behind this virus solely to bring down trump is a crackpot theory.

One for which you have zero proof.

Cheers.

No where did I say that. You are just being lazy and disingenuous.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:53 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
What would you like Trump to do exactly? Transform himself into a leukocyte and fight off each individual coronavirus single handedly? Locking down the entire country is not going to stop the spread, only slow it. California says half their residents are going to get this no matter what. The leaders of Germany and England are saying the same thing. With or without a lockdown.

What good is shutting down the economy and impoverishing people going to do? When the GDP declines, the standard of living and life expectancy tends to decline with it. Poor people have less access to adequate medical care and treatment, regardless of the type of disease.

And don't knock Trump for sleeping. He works harder on his worst days than the last guy did on his best.
To have not lied and not flip flopped re this issue.

A timeline of his lies and flip flopping re this issue is included in post #25 on the very recent ‘should Trump be re-elected’ thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies