Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 12:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ummm...what makes you think they would be buried? Why not cremated?
There would still be huge convoys taking the corpses to huge cremation sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 07:37 PM

Just stumbled on this, which kind of contradicts the rumor, they mention migrant workers:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...as-virus-bites

"While the drop in users is unusual, the total is small relative to total wireless subscriptions which have risen to a combined 1.6 billion for the three carriers."

Also, when you are dying from the virus, you probably have better things to do than cancel your cell phone contract. If I die today, my cell phone would remain active for months or years even until the associated bank account is empty or closed. I would get letters from the carrier etc.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:21 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no way 21 million are dead, but China also can close off communication much better than Italy can.

I would say the number is north of what is being reported atleast.
Chinese people wouldn’t let the govt getaway with hiding that info. They would spread that like wildfire on social media via vpn,etc.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:43 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I don't believe a word of what the Chinese government is saying about the death toll, and I don't believe North Korea's either stating they have 'zero' infections?

Wuhan Residents Dismiss Official Coronavirus Death Toll: ‘The Incinerators Have Been Working Around the Clock’

Quote:
Wuhan residents are increasingly skeptical of the Chinese Communist Party’s reported coronavirus death count of approximately 2,500 deaths in the city to date, with most people believing the actual number is at least 40,000.

“Maybe the authorities are gradually releasing the real figures, intentionally or unintentionally, so that people will gradually come to accept the reality,” a Wuhan resident, who gave only his surname Mao, told Radio Free Asia.

A city source added that, based on the aggregation of funeral and cremation numbers, authorities likely know the real number and are keeping it under wraps.

“Every funeral home reports data on cremations directly to the authorities twice daily,” the source said. “This means that each funeral home only knows how many cremations it has conducted, but not the situation at the other funeral homes.”

Old 03-30-2020, 01:49 PM

Depends on how much contact there really is between China and NK. If there is no travel between the two countries, where would NK get the virus from? They are isolated, good for them in this case.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:15 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
I personally know a Asian chick who is a serious activist and she was mentioning this to me this past weekend. I had commented to her that Facebook can check and see how many users haven't logged on in such and such time, suggesting that they would know how many people may have died over there, and throughout the world, since 90% of everyone is on that garbage platform. She said that FB isn't as accurate because there are ways to stay logged on. She then mentioned the cell phone count. Apparently, as she says, the Chinese are so geared towards using their cell phones for virtually everything they do. Her estimate on how many people have the virus and have "really" died in China alone is: 1 million have got the coronavirus while roughly 10% of that 1 million have actually died from it. That's just what she says she's gotten from her contacts over there in China. Who really knows what the actual number is. We will just have to wait and see. There are other things she says is going on over there in regards to the coronavirus, but I'm thinking too far fetched to even repeat.

Last edited by FC76-81; 03-30-2020 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-30-2020, 02:26 PM

Most Chinese don't use FB, anyway. Is that even available in China?
I would always be careful with statements from "activists".

Old 03-30-2020, 02:30 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I would say that the Chinese are more responsible than many Americans and they would turn in their phones because they can not afford them due to job loss. They wouldn't think about not paying for something they are using. It would be like stealing. There is still honor in China.

The biggie of course is that they are choosing food over the phone.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Most Chinese don't use FB, anyway. Is that even available in China?
I would always be careful with statements from "activists".
Yeah, I'm careful with her. She's got some pretty crazy things about China and coronavirus that she talks about, that's for sure.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:35 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
The number of Chinese cellphone users dropped by 21 million in the past three months, Beijing authorities announced on March 19.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-cl...l_3281291.html

The article suggests that the high number of cellphone account closings could be due to virus deaths.

They got busted delivering more than 5000 urns to a burial site.

They claim 4k cases.

Of course they are lying!

I would bet a weeks pay (well when I had a job last month) that they are closer to 100k, if not 1m deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies