Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 11:21 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Bill O'Reilly tied the impeachment of Trump to the Wuhan Virus. He opined that the administration's attention was diverted by the impeachment proceedings when a plague was coming which has nuked our economy.

I remember reading that hundreds of the FBI agents investigated Bill Clinton and his doings in relation to his impeachment, and although, the FBI and other federal "security" agencies had sufficient information to put "two and two" together but failed to do their jobs,they missed the whole thing, and on the next president's watch the 911 fiasco was pulled off.

It's not a red or blue problem. Unintended massive consequences should never occur. Where are our wise men?
There are no wise men. Most all politicians win popularity contest, and are no better then pop stars and Holywood types. Weinstein, Woody Allen, and their supporters come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 11:21 AM

45,588 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I was wrong. I had the date of the House vote mixed up with the date of the Senate vote. And I have admitted it. Twice now, in fact.

Meanwhile, you continue to pretend that Trump didn't sit on his thumbs for weeks after the impeachment was over.

It's okay, I get it. You aren't big enough to admit it.
Thank you.

I haven't said anything about Trump in responding to you, and now you are putting words in my mouth.

I have only claimed where you were in error.

Other than that - I am OK to let you continue make a fool of yourself with these nonsense claims.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Thank you.

I haven't said anything about Trump in responding to you, and now you are putting words in my mouth.

I have only claimed where you were in error.

Other than that - I am OK to let you continue make a fool of yourself with these nonsense claims.
So what do you think of Trump's response through February and most of March? Was doing nothing the right move? Was he still butthurt from the impeachment and unable to do his job? What is your opinion of that, since that is the subject of this thread?

Old 03-24-2020, 11:29 AM

989 posts, read 456,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Democrat leadership was focused on impeachment while Trump was focused on the virus
Well, that's an outright falsehood.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:33 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Racist because it should have included ALL people coming in from China, not just the Chinese. As if an American couldn't possibly be carrying the virus. Dumb move.
it did include ALL traveling from china, not just "the Chinese "

yes it was a travel ban, and even included citizens (the most a POTUS could do (any POTUS)) would be the quarantine

and even the NYT said this
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/b...ronavirus.html

Quote:
Moving to counter the spreading coronavirus outbreak, the Trump administration said Friday that it would bar entry by most foreign nationals who had recently visited China and put some American travelers under a quarantine as it declared a rare public health emergency.

The travel disruption sent shocks through the stock market and rattled industries that depend on the flow of goods and people between the world’s two largest economies. Planning was upended for companies across a vast global supply chain, from Apple to John Deere, the tractor company.
The S&P 500 suffered its worst loss since October, falling 1.8 percent, as the spread of the virus — and the increasingly urgent efforts by companies and governments to contain it — fanned fears of an economic slowdown.
The government travel restrictions, which will take effect on Sunday evening, were announced by Alex Azar, the secretary of health and human services, who declared that the coronavirus posed “a public health emergency in the United States.”

Bar entry by most foreign nationals (not just Chinese) who recently visited china

AND

and put some American travelers under a quarantine as it declared a rare public health emergency.

that is the HIGHEST restriction the government can put on a CITIZEN, quarantine them not bar them from entry

Old 03-24-2020, 11:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
TDS don’t care. Not one clown on CD that called him racist or bigoted or inappropriate for those restrictions have admitted they were wrong and it was the correct decision.
The opposing party and media that feeds off them, criticizes the sitting POTUS, no matter what he does or not. So what?

Did you expect the Republicans and media to admit they intentionally fear mongered and hyped the heck out of Ebola, in 2014? And they did so despite it was a localized risk to West Africa, not a global pandemic and there was no community spread outside of West Africa.

And the day after the 2014 midterms, the noise suddenly stopped.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:40 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,364 times
Watching Leftists complain about racism is laughable while their racist governor still sits in Virginia and they never make a peep about him Lolll

Old 03-24-2020, 11:43 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The opposing party and media that feeds off them, criticizes the sitting POTUS, no matter what he does or not. So what?

Did you expect the Republicans and media to admit they intentionally fear mongered and hyped the heck out of Ebola, in 2014? And they did so despite it was a localized risk to West Africa, not a global pandemic and there was no community spread outside of West Africa.

And the day after the 2014 midterms, the noise suddenly stopped.
The difference being, apparently, that when the Republicans were over hyping Ebola that actually WAS a hoax.

And when the Democrats were warning about Covid19, a couple months later almost the entire world was shut down.

The Republicans called it a hoax because that is what THEY would do(and have already done before). It is pure, unadulterated, rank projection.

The problem, of course, with that strategy; is that it wasn't a hoax at all, and the Republicans were so busy projecting their own bad intentions outward that it completely blinded them to a very real and fast approaching problem.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:17 PM

45,588 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So what do you think of Trump's response through February and most of March? Was doing nothing the right move? Was he still butthurt from the impeachment and unable to do his job? What is your opinion of that, since that is the subject of this thread?
I think he is feeling through it like everyone else. He's not the all knowing God of the universe.

We all know he is going to attempt to take some credit - that's just who he is.

Did he take it lightly at first - yeah. Part of that maybe is because China and the WHO were downplaying the virus - as they repeatedly claiming it wasn't spreading via person to person contact, and they were still getting information on the virus.

I have no problem with Trump's response to this point. He has a lot of balls in the air to balance - the largest being the health and the economy. And it sounds like he is getting to where I am already - in that we can't tank the economy for this.

Now Pelosi on the other hand is despicable for putting in all of the nonsense into the bill that they would never be able to pass on its own. Read down the thread of the list of the Democrat wishlist...

https://twitter.com/rachelbovard/sta...16258834845710

Old 03-24-2020, 12:59 PM

989 posts, read 456,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it did include ALL traveling from china, not just "the Chinese "

yes it was a travel ban, and even included citizens (the most a POTUS could do (any POTUS)) would be the quarantine

and even the NYT said this
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/b...ronavirus.html

Bar entry by most foreign nationals (not just Chinese) who recently visited china

AND

and put some American travelers under a quarantine as it declared a rare public health emergency.

that is the HIGHEST restriction the government can put on a CITIZEN, quarantine them not bar them from entry
You mean this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...e-coronavirus/

Quote:
The White House declared a “public health emergency” and — beginning on Sunday at 5 p.m. — will bar non-U.S. citizens who recently visited China from entering the United States, subject to a few exemptions. Shortly after the White House announced the new restrictions and said there were six confirmed U.S. cases, a seventh case was confirmed in Santa Clara County, Calif.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar also said the Trump administration would quarantine any Americans who had visited China’s Hubei province, where the disease originated, within the past 14 days. The government will also require screening and self-quarantines for all other Americans who recently visited any other parts of China. Officials said the self-quarantine rules would require individuals to stay in their homes for a certain length of time, monitor themselves for certain symptoms such as coughing, and check their temperatures and report them to local health officials.

The new travel and quarantine measures, which appeared to be unprecedented on such a scale, were part of a rapidly evolving international response to the growing health scare. For the first time Friday, U.S. officials acknowledged that screening tests for coronavirus are not always accurate and that people with no symptoms can transmit the virus. New cases were reported Friday in Britain and Russia, and Canada announced its fourth case later in the day.
And it's already been noted that they didn't follow up on any of the quarantine measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies