Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 04:23 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Anybody seen the full text of the coronavirus stimulus/rescue package bill that was passed in the Senate yesterday?

I've been digging around, found nothing. Lots of rumors, descriptions, summaries. But no sign of the actual bill.

[beuller]
Anybody? Anybody?
[/beuller]
Same with that $8.3 billion bill they passed earlier. I went hunting to find out and only saw bits and pieces.
Out of $8.3 billion..over $6 billion went back into the Federal government to various agencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 04:23 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Anybody seen the full text of the coronavirus stimulus/rescue package bill that was passed in the Senate yesterday?

I've been digging around, found nothing. Lots of rumors, descriptions, summaries. But no sign of the actual bill.

[beuller]
Anybody? Anybody?
[/beuller]
Does anyone? You bet the criminals who passed it dont even know everything in it.

Hopefully we will be getting closer to torch and pitchfork time once more realize what an unnecessary hoax this all was.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:31 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Has the coronavirus stimulus/rescue bill even been passed???

Look at the time stamp on the article below: 5:46PM Eastern. Which is 45 minutes ago.

It says there are snags, and the process has been slowed down.

-----------------------------------

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...al-11585113371

Coronavirus Stimulus Package Hits Last-Minute Snags

by Joshua Jamerson, Andrew Duehren and Natalie Andrews
Updated March 25, 2020 5:46 pm ET

WASHINGTON—Congressional efforts to quickly pass an estimated $2 trillion stimulus package hit snags Wednesday, hours after legislative leaders and the Trump administration struck a deal aimed at combating the economic consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Senate had been set to vote on the mammoth bill on Wednesday but rank-and-file members voiced objections while lawmakers were finalizing the bill’s full text, slowing the process.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
At today’s press briefing, Trump $$$ for the Kennedy Center, proposed by Democrats.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladlensky View Post
This temporary benefit is being paid out as a surplus to unemployment benefits, and - to my original point - unemployment benefits are most definitely made up of money you paid in while employed.
Employers pay the unemployment compensation tax, not employees.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I wish instead of calling it "stimulus" they gave it a more appropriate name like "free market destroying" bill.
So much winning Trumpistas are thrilled right?? You give a chimp machine gun........

Old 03-25-2020, 04:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladlensky View Post
I read the bill as offering an additional flat $600/week payment for 4 months. For some workers this may be their full salary and for others it will be less. This temporary benefit is being paid out as a surplus to unemployment benefits, and - to my original point - unemployment benefits are most definitely made up of money you paid in while employed.

I love how everyone is getting riled up about some random workers getting a full salary and potentially becoming lazy as a result. How about the $32 billion for the airline industry? Is that going to make the industry lazy? Hopefully some of that is going towards wages.
My take is that it’s $600/week on top of the state benefit UP TO full compensation.

This does not mean most people will receive the equivalent of a week’s pay because state Unemployment is a fraction of a week’s pay.

The bill is still in play, so who knows what’s in it b

Old 03-25-2020, 04:43 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My take is that it’s $600/week on top of the state benefit UP TO full compensation.

This does not mean most people will receive the equivalent of a week’s pay because state Unemployment is a fraction of a week’s pay.

The bill is still in play, so who knows what’s in it b
We know they will have to pass it to find out what’s in it.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does anyone? You bet the criminals who passed it dont even know everything in it.

Hopefully we will be getting closer to torch and pitchfork time once more realize what an unnecessary hoax this all was.
Don't let the government know you aren't biting.

They'll start a war or claim an asteroid is about to hit just to get more out of our wallets.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
This is all just fake money and Enron style accounting. Nothing is real.
Like a local newspaper columnist wrote, we're now living in the twilight zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies