Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 06:25 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
other countries weren't prepared because the have universal health care.
Exactly. This crisis has been very educational. We've learned that the left-wing agenda is one of death and destruction. People who learn from this will never vote for another Democrat for the foreseeable future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 06:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent find, although you know our liberal friends will poo-poo this study because it was reported by FOX.

Also, I think liberals are upset that Trump is actually coming out of this looking pretty impressive - particularly as demonstrated through his press conferences. (That's why the WaPo wanted shows to stop covering it.) They were almost giddy when this first hit (the morons on CNN were practically celebrating as they said "this will be Trump's undoing for sure," and now they see that isn't the case.

And, as far as blaming Trump for leaving the country vulnerable, why didn't Obama ever replenish the masks after they were drawn down during the H1N1 epidemic? He was told to, but didn't.

Really Rachel? All of us? Are you sure? How do you know this?

Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...-found-in-2019

Here are some facts, in case you've been listening to the lying Democrat partisans in the media who are masquerading as journalists.
Well written piece of spin doctoring, telling you what to think and say.

The fact it the USA is better prepared than most nations in a lot of ways for all sorts of challenges. This is due to many decades of preparation and bi-partisan leadership providing the funding and resources to the US Federal government. This didn't happen overnight, or even in a few years (the sad fact is Trump has been dismantling our national security and safety capabilities continually since taking office, the opposite of what you brag about here).

Even the best ship in the world with all of the most expensive gear needs something more to get it through the narrows and up the channel: a capable pilot.

What we are lacking today is leadership talent, and the resolve to use an activist Federal government for positive good. Yes naysayers, government can be used for a positive service to the community and people of our land. Government is more than the bloated Pentagon and bailouts for big business. It can serve the people and protect them.

So go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for an achievement you can't honestly take credit for: preparing our Federal government to tackle a crises, while you deny responsibility for something you should take credit for: mucking up and mismanaging our initial national response to a global epidemic.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:18 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I would think this would be a good time to nationalize physician assisted suicide. Justin Trudeau of Canada legalized it nationwide, bless his heart, and we still only have 6 states where it's legal. And it's also a good time to liberalize it as well. Like the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland, the most liberal suicide clinic in the world, but at a price: $5850.

At Dignitas, you need not be terminal, which is required in the 6 states here, you can be 40 years old, merely a paraplegic in a wheelchair, or depressed, and if you want to end your life, so be it! It's your choice!

More prepared than any other country???????????????????????????????????
WTH does assisted suicide have to do with pandemic preparedness?

But, before you argue please note that Pennsylvania has more drive-in theatres than ANY other state....so clearly they are the state best prepared to respond to the coronavirus.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent find, although you know our liberal friends will poo-poo this study because it was reported by FOX.

Also, I think liberals are upset that Trump is actually coming out of this looking pretty impressive - particularly as demonstrated through his press conferences. (That's why the WaPo wanted shows to stop covering it.) They were almost giddy when this first hit (the morons on CNN were practically celebrating as they said "this will be Trump's undoing for sure," and now they see that isn't the case.

And, as far as blaming Trump for leaving the country vulnerable, why didn't Obama ever replenish the masks after they were drawn down during the H1N1 epidemic? He was told to, but didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Really Rachel? All of us? Are you sure? How do you know this?

I'd like to expand my thought above. Right now, more than anything, I need hope. I don't care where it comes from, hope is hope. I need hope that things will go back to how they used to be. This past Sunday I 'went' to church via FB live. I loved it, as I always do, but I was sobbing because I miss my church family. I miss being with them. I miss hugs. I love hugs. I saw a tweet from Flea, the bassist of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and he said "I miss hugs. When this is over, I'm going to hug every ***** I see." I thought 'me too, Flea. Me too.'

That article gave me hope. Something to hold on to, and I look forward to getting back to the way things used to be.

My point is, Rachel, I may be a liberal (for now, I'm binging House of Cards on Netflix, and I recently told a friend that I was quickly embracing anarcho-capitalism. I was only half joking.), but I'm not the enemy. I urge you to get to know us. And I think, I'm sure that when you do, you'll find that the patriot that is isn you, is waiting to be encountered in us. We may see things differently, but we love America too.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

The fact it the USA is better prepared than most nations in a lot of ways for all sorts of challenges. This is due to many decades of preparation and bi-partisan leadership providing the funding and resources to the US Federal government. This didn't happen overnight, or even in a few years (the sad fact is Trump has been dismantling our national security and safety capabilities continually since taking office, the opposite of what you brag about here).

Even the best ship in the world with all of the most expensive gear needs something more to get it through the narrows and up the channel: a capable pilot.

What we are lacking today is leadership talent, and the resolve to use an activist Federal government for positive good. Yes naysayers, government can be used for a positive service to the community and people of our land. Government is more than the bloated Pentagon and bailouts for big business. It can serve the people and protect them.

So go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for an achievement you can't honestly take credit for: preparing our Federal government to tackle a crises, while you deny responsibility for something you should take credit for: mucking up and mismanaging our initial national response to a global epidemic.
You seem to be conflating the epidemic with the pandemic !!! Its best to keep them separate for everyone's benefit !!!
First the epidemic of TDS has been with us the longest and Trump has developed a vaccine called transparence !!! Trump has bent the curve on that one, according to the latest data !!!
Then there is the newest one or the pandemic !!! People want facts, hope and a positive message as we go forward !!! Lets not muck it up by politicizing it !!!

Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 AM

57,292 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Well stated. It doesn't matter how good your health system is if its lacking leadership, best hospitals and doctors in the world and if your leadership ignores their advice what's the point. I don't see anywhere in that article where they recommended getting rid of the national pandemic team because we are on solid ground.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You seem to be conflating the epidemic with the pandemic !!! Its best to keep them separate for everyone's benefit !!!
First the epidemic of TDS has been with us the longest and Trump has developed a vaccine called transparence !!! Trump has bent the curve on that one, according to the latest data !!!
Then there is the newest one or the pandemic !!! People want facts, hope and a positive message as we go forward !!! Lets not muck it up by politicizing it !!!
We don't need more panegyrics for a failed president. We need real competent and ethical leadership.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:37 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
the United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS) -

as i understand the words "late 2019" when the study was done was BEFORE our current crisis and did not take into account HOW mr trump would foul things up by just doing his schtick lol we have NEVER had such a president how could they factor that in lol

Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
WTH does assisted suicide have to do with pandemic preparedness?

But, before you argue please note that Pennsylvania has more drive-in theatres than ANY other state....so clearly they are the state best prepared to respond to the coronavirus.
Do they really? I wonder why. I was just talking about that with my kids. We haven’t gone to the drive-in since they were young enough to play on the playground. I think my son and I are going to do that Saturday just to get out of the house. If only there were something good playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies