Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 AM

714 posts, read 356,886 times

Advertisements

"According to Islamic law, it is a crime to turn from Islam. The regime has always made an example of its Christian convert detainees to serve as a warning to others."

In addition to all its other outragous acts, both inside and outside Iran, the Islamic theocracy imposes long prison sentences for the "crime" of preferring another religion over Islam. It will let the Christians die.

Where are its allies in the European Union? Where is the UN so-called "Human Rights Committee"?

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...utbreak-622288
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 07:53 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
I would say that if you are Christian, Jewish, American or gay, then don't go to Iran.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:08 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Iran is near the top of my list of "Glad I don't live there" nations. Too bad we can't visit though; there's a lot of history to see.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:26 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Iran is near the top of my list of "Glad I don't live there" nations. Too bad we can't visit though; there's a lot of history to see.
What history hasn't been destroyed by the Islamists. Most anything non Islamic they raze to the ground. That whole region has things dating back to pre modern humans. Neanderthal sites of huge anthropological value.

The Iranian government doesn't care about such things. Neanderthals did not know Mohammeds teachings. Yes, Iran is not on my bucket list of places. It could be if the people actually manage to throw off the Islamists as their government.

But it's the Islamists that have all the guns, so that is unlikely.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would say that if you are Christian, Jewish, American or gay, then don't go to Iran.
They already live there.

Kinda like how Iranians can also be gay, they don't import them from Gayistan or the tropical island of Gaymaica.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:11 PM

714 posts, read 356,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They already live there.

Kinda like how Iranians can also be gay, they don't import them from Gayistan or the tropical island of Gaymaica.
Of course there are gays. But there are no openly gay people in Iran for obvious reasons. (Gays are hanged.)
90% of the ancient Jewish community fled for their lives after the Islamic revolution executed the leaders of the community.
I can find no information regarding American citizens in Iran, other than those languishing in prison.

The regime promulgates hellish policies, not only internally but also throughout the region. The IRGC and Iranian mercenary forces under Sulameini and his successor are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. The European Union countries, principally Germany, Italy, and France, continue to support the regime economically and politically. It's $$$$$ business profits.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
What? Thanks spectator!

Old 03-26-2020, 10:52 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
If American Christian theocrats ever got control of the US government, you’d see the same thing here directed at Muslims.

#Religion

Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
What history hasn't been destroyed by the Islamists. Most anything non Islamic they raze to the ground. That whole region has things dating back to pre modern humans. Neanderthal sites of huge anthropological value.

The Iranian government doesn't care about such things. Neanderthals did not know Mohammeds teachings. Yes, Iran is not on my bucket list of places. It could be if the people actually manage to throw off the Islamists as their government.

But it's the Islamists that have all the guns, so that is unlikely.
Eh, that's more in line with the Taliban. Iran isn't destroying artifacts. In fact, the Iranian government is very proud of its connections to the ancient Persian Empire . . . and the Persian Empire wasn't always Islamic. And Shia Islam places special emphasis on shrines and the like in a way that is anathema to many Sunni Muslims.

I'll attack Iran for much of what it does. But I'll also be fair to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies