Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 12:57 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Fundamentalist christians always see themselves as exempted from any but their own rules. A large six campus one in middle/eastern Tennessee is ignoring stay shelter orders to hold services--last Sunday and this Sunday--and a couple of campuses are advertising their Easter services.

Bad "christians" indeed.

Lolz....

And nobody who's not a Christian is ignoring advise on how to reduce exposure..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
You mean to tell me that another event has stolen all the thunder from the far left agenda? You mean all of their little problems now pale in comparison? Gasp, say it ain't true!!!!!!!!!! (smirking as I type).

Welcome to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs ladies and gentlemen! All of this Self Actualization has been put on hold when lower segments of the Pyramid come into play as people are scrambling to pay rent and put food on their plates. Interesting how this works eh?

Old 03-25-2020, 01:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I think you are a racist.
lmao. silly rambles.

your shrill shrieks of 'racist!' at the drop of every hat are so ridiculous and predictable that one can only view them with a mixture of amusement and sorrow.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:06 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,459,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
In the past half decade in the white Anglosohere. Ideas of white, male and straight are bad, while being female, black indigenous, LGBT, non binary are seen as good and righteous. Lots of these ideas on whiteness, black studies and so forth has come straight out of academia and spread to other Anglo-Saxon nations. Not that I have nothing agaisnt such ideas, but the ideas that are pushed are toxic and can cause people with different world views to have problems like imposing homosexuality in Muslims in Britain, or imposing the word latinx on Hispanic people.

With that said. I have noticed that anything woke has either ran underground or has ceased to have a narrative due to the current coronavirus pandemic. Ideas of being pro black, or LGBT, or feminist or gender has either stopped or no longer has say or sway.

I have said this before. That in order for the woke ideas to die, the Anglo-Saxon world must go through a major catastrophe such as a major war, health pandemic, major economic crash. Not that I wish such, but my predictions have been right. Such incidents unite people and instead having us being divided like maga and black lives matter. While deadly, the coronavirus or covid 19 has united people of different identities instead of identities being used to divide us.

Do you guys think the coronavirus defeated woke culture? And with its defeat will woke culture return a decade or two later?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/wo...ement-syndrome

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...virus-got-one/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/608302/
Well, we're facing a health pandemic and an economic collapse at the same time.

I really don't expect feminism, modern liberalism, or "woksterism" to make it out of this decade alive.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:07 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
In the past half decade in the white Anglosohere. Ideas of white, male and straight are bad, while being female, black indigenous, LGBT, non binary are seen as good and righteous. Lots of these ideas on whiteness, black studies and so forth has come straight out of academia and spread to other Anglo-Saxon nations. Not that I have nothing agaisnt such ideas, but the ideas that are pushed are toxic and can cause people with different world views to have problems like imposing homosexuality in Muslims in Britain, or imposing the word latinx on Hispanic people.

With that said. I have noticed that anything woke has either ran underground or has ceased to have a narrative due to the current coronavirus pandemic. Ideas of being pro black, or LGBT, or feminist or gender has either stopped or no longer has say or sway.

I have said this before. That in order for the woke ideas to die, the Anglo-Saxon world must go through a major catastrophe such as a major war, health pandemic, major economic crash. Not that I wish such, but my predictions have been right. Such incidents unite people and instead having us being divided like maga and black lives matter. While deadly, the coronavirus or covid 19 has united people of different identities instead of identities being used to divide us.

Do you guys think the coronavirus defeated woke culture? And with its defeat will woke culture return a decade or two later?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/wo...ement-syndrome

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...virus-got-one/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/608302/
I wish you were correct. But the mainstream media and leftists in social media both are keeping it alive.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:11 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Fundamentalist christians always see themselves as exempted from any but their own rules.
Revival has swept the beaches of Florida! Praise God! Thousands of college students are flocking to the waters, no doubt to be baptized and cleansed of their sins!

(Either that, or Christians don't have a monopoly on sometimes not doing the right thing.)

Old 03-25-2020, 01:12 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Well, we're facing a health pandemic and an economic collapse at the same time.

I really don't expect feminism, modern liberalism, or "woksterism" to make it out of this decade alive.

As I state above, it's classic Maslows Hierarchy of Needs principals at work ie we got much bigger fish to fry at the moment than these overplayed topics.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:14 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Welcome to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs ladies and gentlemen! All of this Self Actualization has been put on hold when lower segments of the Pyramid come into play as people are scrambling to pay rent and put food on their plates. Interesting how this works eh?
Excellent point. It's one thing to be worried about being "woke" and "intersectionality" and all the other stuff that apparently means something other than what those words have always meant, when one is sitting comfortably in a bubble, without a care in the world. But when one's days are spent worrying how you're going to get by with your place of employment being shut down, while you dash from store to store hoping to find toilet paper, these other matters become a whole lot more trivial.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:16 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lolz....

And nobody who's not a Christian is ignoring advise on how to reduce exposure..

I didn't state that--you presumed it. I have the belief of many good Americans:

Quote:
"'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

None of this "exempts" "christians," from being stupid, and I am one myself.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:20 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Excellent point. It's one thing to be worried about being "woke" and "intersectionality" and all the other stuff that apparently means something other than what those words have always meant, when one is sitting comfortably in a bubble, without a care in the world. But when one's days are spent worrying how you're going to get by with your place of employment being shut down, while you dash from store to store hoping to find toilet paper, these other matters become a whole lot more trivial.
I'm in agreement. This is so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies