Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 01:30 PM

8,354 posts, read 2,976,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, he hasn't.

Taking it would be ignoring it unless it comes from another world leader, rather than 'punching down'.

It's unpresidential. Kathy Griffin isn't a world leader. She's a nothing. He should just ignore her rather than 'punching down' and bringing the office/the Presidency to her level, but he lets himself be too thin skinned/lacks the motivation to seemingly try to shake the insecurity that propels a reaction. And holding a different viewpoint than you have on this issue doesn't make someone 'on the left'.

I think a better tactic is one that the administration has utilized......don't have press conferences if you don't want to. If someone doesn't like that...tough, don't vote for him in November (and I say that as someone who would never vote for him, didn't vote for Hillary, won't vote for Biden, and isn't an R nor a D). It's sort of the same attitude I have about his tax returns minus his promise. I thing the only reason he should release his tax returns is because he promised he would. I think he should have said it isn't a requirement, that he wouldn't release them, and let the chips fall where they may re voter fallout, if any, re that.

Attacks that aren't coming from other world leaders and, as such, that he should ignore. Ignore rather than engaging and thereby 'punching down' and bringing the office down to the attacker's level. Such attacks aren't worthy of his attention/attention from the officeholder.

Wanting Trump to be more like the above (IOW, disagreeing with you) doesn't make someone 'on the left'.
Trump is an equal opportunity b**** slapper. Refreshing to many. If you don’t like it vote for a pervert like Biden. There are no other viable options. Just keep your little girl away from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!
She said she's here to make people laugh. Well we are now.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:20 PM

21,886 posts, read 25,201,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Politicizing a global pandemic really isn't a good look Dems.......

Just an FYI.
One man's global pandemic is another's liberal hoax.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Awwhh Poor Baby...bad orange man...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...esident-trump/
Beech! Shut up and make me a samich!

Old 03-30-2020, 04:51 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,366,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
One man's global pandemic is another's liberal hoax.
Dat ish nut wut he sed!

Old 03-30-2020, 05:40 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Trump is an equal opportunity b**** slapper. Refreshing to many.

Yeah, to those who have low standards for Presidential behavior.

Quote:
If you don’t like it vote for a pervert like Biden.
I wouldn't vote for Biden. I'm also not a Democrat.

Quote:
There are no other viable options. Just keep your little girl away from him.
Viability shouldn't matter to a voter.

What should matter is if someone deserves the vote or not.

If there aren't any Presidential candidates who deserve the vote, then don't vote for President. Vote for other things on the ballot, but leave the President slot blank.

Viability matters even less if you don't live in a swing state. IIRC, you live in California. It doesn't matter if you personally vote for Trump or Biden or third party or vote but leave president blank or don't vote at all. No matter what you personally do, the Democrat nominee will win California.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:44 PM

8,090 posts, read 12,808,660 times
She has TDS bad. I wish her well and a speedy recovery but when she is well she needs to reevaluate.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:21 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I was not offended in the least. But there is irony in me saying turn the other cheek and the response being an eye for an eye. I don't think she should die for using a very vile prop in a photo. Others I suppose disagree.
Nor do I. But you did not say people should turn the other cheek.
You said isn't the christian mantra turn the other cheek. One could as easily say the christian mantra is an eye for an eye. Don't assume all trump supporters are Christians and don't assume all Christians are benevolent.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:13 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,995,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
She has TDS bad. I wish her well and a speedy recovery but when she is well she needs to reevaluate.
This^.

Turns out she had a bad case of diarrhea from recent travel to Mexico, yet she went full TDS.

This also keeps her name in the media, which she obviously also wants.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,746,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
She should have given the bloody head back !!!
Or left it under her pillow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEbKaco6Bwg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies