Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 09:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I hope you stay healthy as well. I also hope you are willing to allow yourself some optimism based on the report that the rate of growth in NY has slowed, meaning that while we are still on the upside of the curve, we are nearing in on flattening it. Don't allow yourself to do what so many of your liberal cohorts do - and that is to focus solely on the worst-case scenario and try to squash any sense of hope out of other people. (And yes, I've seen it done many times by the anti-Trump crowd.)

As far as the Atlantic, it been so biased against Trump that they have lost all credibility to make an accurate assessment where he is concerned. If you find an opinion piece that is published in an objective source, I would read it.

And that is the problem when media sources take such extreme biased positions. If I were to put out an opinion piece published by The Washington Examiner, would you consider it?
Thanks for your wishes. Sorry for slow reply, a (thankfully) busy day working from home....

Actually, I'm way more optimistic than my posts here may seem. I try to (in all aspects of life) understand the potentially worst case, but hope for the best. I preach to my self and my loved ones that one must look for the good things, because there is plenty of good, and plenty of bad. You have to see it all, but you get to choose on what to focus on.

While it's no secret on these boards that I'm no fan of POTUS, I also recognize he is POTUS and those are the cards we are dealt, they are the cards we must play. I also realize others think he's great (FYI, my wife is one of those people, and I love and respect her more than any person on this earth).

While there is ALWAYS room for improvement, no matter who is in charge, here is what I see on the daily:
-Businesses adjusting and making a difference and a dollar. That is a beautiful thing, and I really am sure that America is unique.
--I see car manufactures making masks and ventilators
--I see local distilaries making sanitizer
--I see businesses buying up masks and donating them to hospitals
--I see restaurants adapting quickly to stay in business AND serve their community
--I see plumbing companies adapting to have their workers deliver groceries to keep a paycheck and help their neighbors.

It's definitely not all bad. I personally think that Trump is not the right guy for the job, but he has the job, so it really doesn't matter what I think. In my personal life, I don't tell people they are wrong to support him, it serves no purpose. THis is the ONLY place I really debate these things. Why? Because it is a place designed for that, and everyone comes here on their own accord (I hate hate hate seeing this crap on Facebook. I hate it as much whether it is idiot liberals calling our POTUS dRumpf (I hate that) or if it is idiot conservatives calling people lib-tards. THere is no place for either in society. Here, we come to argue, debate, and (hopefully) be open to opposing views.

So yeah, I'm actually pretty optimistic. I see a lot of bad going on, a lot of bad ideas and actions, but a WHOLE lot more of Americans coming together to help their neighbors, strangers and friends alike, and not really worrying or caring about what that neighbor does in the voting booth.

For all of our flaws, America is the greatest nation on earth. I truly believe that no other nation is, or even CAN adapt in as many ways and more that i listed above.

All good. Meanwhile, my work is going crazy today (good), maybe I'll be back later....

Last edited by Myghost; 03-26-2020 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 09:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is shameful that these kinds of publications exist anymore.

Who reads this stuff?
In the check out lane, I noticed the National Enquirer headline announcing the cure for Corona.

We have a free press. Anything can be published and disseminated, including opinion pieces about Trump’s temperament.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Not a Trump supporter but the writing style in that article is nauseating. Didn’t get very far. Maybe later.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:46 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I'm not going to read it. The Atlantic is very liberal and extremely biased against Trump. What I do know is that had Biden been president at this time, he would have a) kept the flights coming in from China (wouldn't want to look xenophobic), b) not been able to cut through all the government red tape to get testing kits made and out in record time (we've tested in 8 days the same number that took S. Korea 8 weeks), and c) not pulled together the brilliant minds from private industry to all pull together in developing PPEs, researching treatment drugs, and developing a vaccine.

And the American people KNOW it. They see it every day when Trump holds his press conferences. That's why the liberal WaPo asked that the pressers not be covered. They reveal how well Trump is handling this.
Unless you know something the rest of the public doesn't know, you are only guessing what Biden would do. I believe he would have listened to his experts & not contradicted them but, I don't know that either & we are both only guessing.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:50 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Unless you know something the rest of the public doesn't know, you are only guessing what Biden would do. I believe he would have listened to his experts & not contradicted them but, I don't know that either & we are both only guessing.
Well it's not a matter of what Biden would do, he's an old man with dementia who doesn't even know where he is most of the time. The question is about what his handlers would do....and we saw what they had him do this time around, disappear.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Wow, this piece is spot-on:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...l-task/608743/

I know many will consider it to be TDS, but if it pans out like this, and I think it will to some extent, his supporters will be exposed as the ones who really have "TDS". The only question is, at what point to they realize and admit it.

This article takes everything we've actually seen, and shows why he is so dangerous right now, as our POTUS.
Many will consider this to be TDS, because it IS TDS. He's hated Trump for a very long time, declaring his presidency "over" time and again.

Yawn is right. An opinion piece that relies on scary words to strike fear into the Trump hater's hearts. Big surprise.....

Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
hope the atlantic newsroom gets hit with the corona
Why? Because you want the people who work there to get sick, or pass the virus on to more people? Or both?

Old 03-26-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNotATroll View Post
Sounds like opinions.
Opinion based on what his handlers actually had him do. They had him criticize shutting down travel from China, then disappear. That suggests they'd have had him keep travel open and then disappear so that he didn't get sick and die or just flat out embarrass himself with "senior moments"

Old 03-26-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Many will consider this to be TDS, because it IS TDS. He's hated Trump for a very long time, declaring his presidency "over" time and again.

Yawn is right. An opinion piece that relies on scary words to strike fear into the Trump hater's hearts. Big surprise.....
It's just an ever shrinking circle jerk.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:57 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well it's not a matter of what Biden would do, he's an old man with dementia who doesn't even know where he is most of the time. The question is about what his handlers would do....and we saw what they had him do this time around, disappear.
LOL maybe he is but, if I were a Trump supporter I sure would listen to many of the things the president has said himself. He's not much better. His handlers can't get control of him though because he throws major temper tantrums & they are afraid of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies