Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 03:23 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,978,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We have health care. Want to know why? We began our lives together responsibly and pay the premiums.
BTW Bernie, it is NOT a human right. You saying so does not make it true.
Bernie’s been a free loader his entire life.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:23 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,103,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Then I am not sure what you are saying. You stated that in Canada you can buy private health care if you don't like the public one. I stated that you can in the US as well. You then answered with a question of, No? And talked about socialized health care.

Please explain then.
There is no socialized healthcare in the US like in Canada or any other 1st world country. What’s so difficult to understand?

Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How would he (or family) know that the XYZ Urgent Care facility was not the XYZ hospital and accept him????
Urgent care facilities are usually small walk in clinics for convenience with extended hours (evenings and weekends) as opposed to hospitals .which are often behemoths and open 24/7.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,025,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
There is no socialized healthcare in the US like in Canada or any other 1st world country. What’s so difficult to understand?
I never said there was. You stated that my friend could have bought private health care if she didn't like the public health care in Canada. I stated that you can buy private health care in the US as well.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:27 PM

8,357 posts, read 2,978,273 times
Quote:
Actually, I am very aware of the USA situation. My girlfriend works for one of the largest health insurance companies as a supervisor of case management. I spend 6 months there. I'm very aware that co-pays, and deductibles cost thousands. I'm very aware that healthcare premiums far exceed the small additional tax Canadians pay. I know I never have to be concerned about being turned away for critical care.

How would the victim no that urgent care was not the place he should be? He did not know he was septic. Do you have any idea how fast sepsis can rise? Do you know the stages and symptoms?

What a weak excuse you give.
He waited so late he should have made an appt with the morgue. You think he had no signs until the last minute? Every case is different.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...use-1842520539

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible. It is immoral, it is unethical, it is unthinking that someone who needs critical care is denied because... of insurance!!!!

The urgent care facility refused to see him, referring him instead to another hospital. Why are there still some Americans who are not absolutely outraged at this? Why are there so many who don't see healthcare as a HUMAN right, especially critical and urgent care?

I'm sure there are some here who are perfectly OK with the system that allows this. I will never understand you and your excuses.
There is no treatment for COVID-19.

Unlike most US hospital ERs, Independent Urgent Care is under no obligation to accept uninsured patients without the ability to demonstrate the ability to self pay.

Hope local news follows this story to learn his cause of death and reports it.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:32 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,103,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I never said there was. You stated that my friend could have bought private health care if she didn't like the public health care in Canada. I stated that you can buy private health care in the US as well.
You’re obviously confused.

My initial post:

Quote:
They also have private healthcare if you don’t want the public offerings.
To which you responded:

Quote:
Just like in the US
My response:

Quote:
No? We don’t have basic socialized healthcare.

You are wrong; there are no public offerings in the US as in Canada.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:34 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
So let's take a look at the wonderful health care system of the Canucks and show what socialized medicine really means.

In the U.S. we have approximately 175,000 ventilators or about one ventilator per 1,886 of people. The great socialized medicine igloo of canada has a whopping 2242 ventilators for its 37,868,317 population or about one ventilator for every 16,890 people. Heck the Canuks are not even as good as their fellow queen worshiping counterparts across the pond. In the UK they have about 8,000 ventilators for their 65 millions people of about one ventilator for every 8,125 residents.

Hmmm...isn't that interesting. Which country would you rather live in, the one that actually has the equipment and people who can save your life or the one that gives a false empty promise of actually getting healthcare?

Way to Canada, you are a great example of why America is first.

Notes:

In B.C., Health Minister Adrian Dix said there were 1,272 ventilators, and the Alberta government says it has 477, Nova Scotia reportedly has 240,. Manitoba province has 243 ventilators so that totals to 2242 with a population of around 37,868,317
You are missing the vast majority of the country. Come back when you have that information. In the meantime, the USA now leads the world in cases of COVID 19.

The USA not only leads in infections but has a rate of almost 3 times that of Canada. I wonder which country's mitigation strategies are working best?

Death rate Canada? 1.16% of cases
Death rate USA? 1.52% of cases

That is as of right now, stats taken from https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Want to compare in 3 days?

Old 03-27-2020, 03:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hey pal your country can do things their way and we will do things our way.

Stick with what you know best, global irrelevance and abysmal weather.
Yes and now we are playing God. The only person to play God is Jehovah Himself. I'm not a practicing Catholic and I can tell you that...

Old 03-27-2020, 03:36 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,025,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You’re obviously confused.

My initial post:

To which you responded:

My response:

You are wrong; there are no public offerings in the US as in Canada.
I never said there was public offerings. YOU are the only one who brought it up. I mentioned ONLY private health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.