Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Yes, I absolutely do.
So did a number of regimes in Europe and Asia over the past 100 years (value some human lives over others). Most of us despise them. Apparently you are not one of those people.

I feel sad that people like you breed and pass on that mentality.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
This brings up an interesting question - what laws are there in place if you did not ask to be treated but ended up in the emergency room because of a call by another person? If I got that bill (which would most likely put me in debt for a long ass time) in such a scenario I would be like - F-off!
Well aren’t you a sweet one.

Have you considered a DNR tattoo on your forehead so that the healthcare system can move onto someone else?

Old 03-27-2020, 03:51 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,023,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
As I stated to others, most, if not all, at least the ones I've seen in Florida, urgent care facilities carry the same name as the hospitals they are associated with. They advertise heavily to go there. I would presume that would also include triage, but it appears it is a way hospitals can get around the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.

That, in my view, borders on the criminal.

All the urgent care facilities that I have seen in FL have been right next to the hospital.

They have signs right there that explain the difference, local one has an example.

Poison ivy - Urgent care
Venomous snake bite - ER

Old 03-27-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just as Canadians do not understand the American tendency towards "what have you done for me in the last five minutes"?

Why not ask the 6 embassy staffers Canadians sheltered at risk of their lives for months in Iran if they think Canada is relevant.

OR you could ask the 33,000 Americans deemed too great a threat to their own country to allow entering their airspace and running out of fuel that Canada gave shelter whether they think of Canada as irrelevant.

OR you could ask any number of hurricane or tornado victims like those in remote parishes of New Orleans after Katrina for just one example, if the first responders lifting them from rooftops using helicopters with the maple leaf on the side, then getting medical attention by Canadian military who arrived there BEFORE FEMA got out of it's own parking lot if they think Canada has no relevance.

But then again, don't bother. Being Americans, they've probably all forgotten already.
Nailed it.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:52 PM

25,599 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...use-1842520539

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible............
It's not.
It doesn't happen that way.
Come on down to Detroit and get yourself shot; we'll patch you up, no questions.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,357,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
When I was a an LASD deputy, i probably had to respond to bazillion welfare check like this “unresponsive transient/homeless person on public street”. LAFD also came and hauled the homeless guy to the hospital if it’s life threatening. It’s a federal law.
First, thank you for protecting all of us.

A complete and utter waste of time, effort, energy and money to "save" those losers. Let their lifestyles and choices kill them. Again, it's natural selection at its finest.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
If you Kanook system is so superior to ours, why are so many Kanooks (who can afford it) coming to the US for their healthcare needs?
You actually believe that, right?

Why do so many Americans come to Canada to buy their prescription drugs? I'll wait for a response.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:54 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Well aren’t you a sweet one.

Have you considered a DNR tattoo on your forehead so that the healthcare system can move onto someone else?
Not into tats!

Old 03-27-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYa6119 View Post
I don't take seriously anyone outside of our country, that criticizes us as they don't really know what they're talking about.
Except I do. I've outlined it in other responses in this thread.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:55 PM

8,354 posts, read 2,974,907 times
Quote:
When I went septic, I was doing fine 8 hours before. I've been through this... in Canada. I was on the operating table within an hour of going to the hospital.

That was 16 years ago. I didn't even have to think about turning up at the doctor, who immediately got me to the hospital, and care started. No waits, no worries about health care insurance covering me, and no concerns about not being able to have to pay.
Same here when I had emergencies for my heart, broken bones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies