Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 01:52 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You cannot legally be denied emergency medical care in the U.S.
Please research prior to posting anymore incorrect info. Thanks. Even for those that have no insurance or money, you cannot be denied medical care. You will be billed for that medical care.
This brings up an interesting question - what laws are there in place if you did not ask to be treated but ended up in the emergency room because of a call by another person? If I got that bill (which would most likely put me in debt for a long ass time) in such a scenario I would be like - F-off!

Old 03-27-2020, 01:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He waited until he was septic. Not everyone who seeks medical care survives. Odds greatly improve when you don't wait until you're in death's door. It is likely the urgent care facility was not fully equipped to give him the care that was needed. There are limited services available there.
I wonder why he waited so long? - surely there was a no hassle/no pay hospital he could have gone to?

Old 03-27-2020, 01:58 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,609 times
more like don't have insurance you get healthcare for free and someone else pays for it

Old 03-27-2020, 01:59 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

And to pay those medical bills, you will a debt slave for the rest of your life.
If you can't, or even won't, pay the bill ...society will pick up the tab. Worst case scenario, you will have to BK them. But you WILL receive treatment........

Old 03-27-2020, 02:01 PM

2,495 posts, read 868,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
more like don't have insurance you get healthcare for free and someone else pays for it
wrong. they will come after deadbeats and sue, or dun payroll.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:04 PM

284 posts, read 78,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...use-1842520539

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible. It is immoral, it is unethical, it is unthinking that someone who needs critical care is denied because... of insurance!!!!

The urgent care facility refused to see him, referring him instead to another hospital. Why are there still some Americans who are not absolutely outraged at this? Why are there so many who don't see healthcare as a HUMAN right, especially critical and urgent care?

I'm sure there are some here who are perfectly OK with the system that allows this. I will never understand you and your excuses.
Is Healthcare Free in Canada?

Old 03-27-2020, 02:04 PM

1,417 posts, read 735,827 times
This sums it up:

http://www.funnycaptions.com/img/232...ds-gay-friend/

Old 03-27-2020, 02:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,386,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Urgent care facilities are NOT hospitals. If he had gone directly to a hospital he would not have been turned away. Unfortunately, he waited until he was septic to seek care. Too bad as a Canadian you did not know this. Carry on.
This is tragic and terrible.

However, building on this where in the hell were this kid's parents?

1. No insurance.
2. Thought urgent care had the same legal responsibilities as an ER/hospital.
3. Waited until the boy was on death's door to finally try again.

WTF?

Old 03-27-2020, 02:09 PM

5,749 posts, read 4,709,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...use-1842520539

As a Canadian, I just can't see how or why this is even possible. It is immoral, it is unethical, it is unthinking that someone who needs critical care is denied because... of insurance!!!!

The urgent care facility refused to see him, referring him instead to another hospital. Why are there still some Americans who are not absolutely outraged at this? Why are there so many who don't see healthcare as a HUMAN right, especially critical and urgent care?

I'm sure there are some here who are perfectly OK with the system that allows this. I will never understand you and your excuses.
Why don't you educate yourself before you post?

No person is denied critical healthcare in America. Period. You show up at the ER in dire need, the docs will help you whether you have insurance or not.

This is exactly why illegal aliens love the system so much. They use the ER as their primary care doc; no insurance needed.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:11 PM

17,312 posts, read 12,271,318 times
An ER isn't going to manage something like your high blood pressure/cholesterol though.

I think the whole medicare for all thing is coming, helped along by this crisis. Just a matter of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies