Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Some people have asked for an update on my son's condition. He is now on day number five on a ventilator, which is scary because I've been reading here that people who are on vents for prolonged periods of time often don't recover. We are able to get an update twice a day now from ICU, which is an improvement from last week at least. I wish so badly to be able to see him, to hold his hand and let him know I'm here. I'm afraid I might never get that chance again. But there's nothing to do now but wait and hope and pray.

I appreciate all the good wishes here from people on both sides of the political spectrum and everything in between. This really does remind us that in the end, we're all in this together.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:26 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Some people have asked for an update on my son's condition. He is now on day number five on a ventilator, which is scary because I've been reading here that people who are on vents for prolonged periods of time often don't recover. We are able to get an update twice a day now from ICU, which is an improvement from last week at least. I wish so badly to be able to see him, to hold his hand and let him know I'm here. I'm afraid I might never get that chance again. But there's nothing to do now but wait and hope and pray.
My niece's boss who was on a ventilator and in the ICU is now off the ventilator, at home, in quarantine and just on oxygen.

Keep the faith. A lot of people who are in the worst shape do get better.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:03 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:

I appreciate all the good wishes here from people on both sides of the political spectrum and everything in between. This really does remind us that in the end, we're all in this together.
Yes, keep the faith. I don’t think length of time on vent matter was much as people say. He’s young so I think that counts for a lot, smoker or not. We’ll still keep him in our prayers.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
My wife was on a ventilator for over a month with pneumonia and sepsis. She survived.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:

In my life time have seen those they say will die, recover and walk out of hospitals. (4 times)
Let the medicine and the medical teams do their work - you stay positive and muster all the faith you can. Good thoughts and prayers for your boy, and for many in this same plight. keep us posted, you are not alone even if just connected by typed words on a screen.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My wife was on a ventilator for over a month with pneumonia and sepsis. She survived.
Wow. Thank you for this. Some of the posts I was reading here today had me really worried that he was on it too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump
In my life time have seen those they say will die, recover and walk out of hospitals. (4 times)Let the medicine and the medical teams do their work - you stay positive and muster all the faith you can. Good thoughts and prayers for your boy, and for many in this same plight. keep us posted, you are not alone even if just connected by typed words on a screen.
It might sound strange, but having CD to come to has made it easier to cope with the long hours of waiting. Being so physically isolated, having people to talk to here has been a blessing. Who would have thought?

Old 03-31-2020, 05:41 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:

It might sound strange, but having CD to come to has made it easier to cope with the long hours of waiting. Being so physically isolated, having people to talk to here has been a blessing. Who would have thought?

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

I am hoping for good news being posted by you in the weeks to come, and I am sure all of us are.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:07 PM

934 posts, read 403,002 times
You are strong and I admire your strength. Probably your son is strong, too. Sending you and your entire family all the best wishes for his speedy recovery.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:

I was seriously ill when I was 29, and on a ventilator with a tracheostomy for 6 weeks. I'm fine. My lungs are fine. You have to look twice to even see the scar.

Take heart. This is very serious, but in spite of all the political and medical fumbling, the odds are still in your son's favor.

And JAMS? If he knows anything, he knows how you feel. Whether you are physically there or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.