Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 05:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I was able to find paper towels, a three pack of sanitizing wipes and a small 3oz bottle of hand sanitizer at a neighborhood Walmart yesterday.

No TP or Lysol spray..

Around here (northern part of the Houston metro) Walmarts are getting better re paper towel and TP availability, but they are still restricting the number of packages you can buy. From what I've observed, people are switching and purchasing the larger packages (more rolls in a package) as they aren't limiting the number of rolls (neither with PT nor TP), just the number of packages, with each package counting as an item (makes sense re one package = one bar code).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 06:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I read that Costco won't allow for returns on TP.

That said, I can't seem to find any antibacterial wipes --- not in the stores and not online. Good thing I still have some but it won't last forever.

As for paper towels and kleenex, that is either hit or miss...

I got lucky. A few weeks ago, at two different Targets (store imposed limit of one each), I found one multi-pack of four canisters of 75 each of generic Target anti bacterial wipes at one Target and another multi-pack of three canisters of 35 of the same at another Target on the same day.....but haven't seen any there since. I usually get the 120 count canisters at Walmart (the ones they have with the baby stuff, not with other wipes) for $1.92. I usually just buy one, and then have no problem replacing them. I bought two of them three different times, then noticed they were gone, but have seen them return in the last week. I haven't purchased them in the last week, feeling I had enough, but I have accelerated my usage, so I may buy two the next time I see them. If the normal anti bacterial wipes shelves at your local Walmart are empty, try looking in the baby section of the pharmacy area. I may be tipping off some people in my area and cheating myself re a future purchase, but if that helps you find some when you can't find any, that's fine .

Old 04-10-2020, 08:00 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Seriously guys, it is just a waiting game at this point. China is getting back to normal.

Even people in New Orleans are starting to get it. Stay home, keep washing your hands and be safe. One day, we will all wake up and nobody will be infected anymore.
Good for you.

Sorry, I’m not stepping into a Walmart if they paid me to.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:36 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
Unbelievably I found Sam's brand TP on their website-on sale-and in stock. Limit 1.

Shipping estimate was two weeks out and turned out to be accurate.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:44 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
supply chain is starting to collapse in some areas...this will probably become more widespread and worsen in the coming weeks.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:52 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Seriously guys, it is just a waiting game at this point. China is getting back to normal.

Even people in New Orleans are starting to get it. Stay home, keep washing your hands and be safe. One day, we will all wake up and nobody will be infected anymore.

I still can't find any as pallets are delivered every morning to the local Target at 6a and sold out by 9a.

I'm not getting up at 5a and waiting in a line in hopes of getting to the shelf to buy a bag before it's gone.

I enjoy my morning coffee while watching the cattle line across the street.

Fortunately we have always kept about a month or two worth (of everything) in our stocks anyway. 6 weeks in and we are still good for another month at least.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:53 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
I never would have thought that the ability to have a stock of toilet paper still in a store at closing time would be what is needed to restore confidence, probably that we all won't starve. Over on the Prepper board someone mentioned that a Yugoslav civil war survivor named TP as one of those products.

Since that Thursday before the panic run on the markets three weeks ago I have seen toilet paper and fluseable wipes exactly once. Early in the morning at a 24 hour drug chain during panic week 1 and there was already rationing. I didn't get any since I had enough and felt like I would be a hoarder if I went for safety. I remember one guy trying to get around rationing by buying two brands as I left the store staff was still refusing him.

By last Sunday early in week 3 of the lock out the family had put out the word that if anyone sees some grab a bag.It just so happened on my turn inside the socially distanced store the staff were restocking with the house brand that I would have turned my nose up at three weeks ago. So the family reserve got a bit fatter and many rested a bit easier.

I have noticed that by week three some generic table napkins and facial tissue were finally available at night when I got off work along with baby wipes. Also some small bottles of bleach and ammonia but not rubbing alcohol yet.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
I guess with all these people dying the demand for TP is declining.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:59 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had to hit a couple of stores but found everything. We never went through our normal once a month Costco TP purchase.
Including cleaning products with bleach or otherwise disinfect? That is what is still empty here.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:00 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Yesterday, I took my dogs to the dog park. There was a lady there who said her family of 5 was down to 2 rolls. They still couldn't find toilet paper anywhere.

I'm surprised the Great Toilet Paper Famine of 2020 is still going on right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies