Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times

Advertisements

https://www.dw.com/en/india-police-u...own/a-52946717

In India, police are beating citizens with sticks, among other punishments, for violating the lockdown. This is what some of our resident CD tyrants want to subject Americans to. Land of the free? Not if the left got their way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 08:16 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
There are probably some people, both on the left and right, who would agree with what those police in India are doing. I also have this to say. If this happened in the USA, there would be riots.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Better do this than having thousands die due to their own stupidity and ignorance. Democracy is a very dangerous system when dealing with a pandemic as we witness so many ignorant people defy staying indoors to go out to the beach or partying. Viruses don't care what color, race, political party you belong. As long as people don't follow the guidelines, the virus will be happy to infect many more.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Better do this than having thousands die due to their own stupidity and ignorance. Democracy is a very dangerous system when dealing with a pandemic as we witness so many ignorant people defy staying indoors to go out to the beach or partying. Viruses don't care what color, race, political party you belong. As long as people don't follow the guidelines, the virus will be happy to infect many more.
We already have enough of that in this country. If the police started doing that, we might riots. Remember Baltimore? L.A. in 1992? Ferguson?

The kind of defiance we're seeing, it is the attitude of "Live free or die". Some people would rather die than be locked indoors for weeks.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:25 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
According to BLM, the police have always done that here.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
We've lost far more people as a result of defending our freedoms. By all accounts, it was worth it. Why should we give up our rights and freedoms now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are probably some people, both on the left and right, who would agree with what those police in India are doing. I also have this to say. If this happened in the USA, there would be riots.
Could you show me where people on the right have been asking for these type of strict measures? I've never seen any Trump supporters advocating for this, and it doesn't fit the narrative at all.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
According to BLM, the police have always done that here.
And according to history, police officers have done this. This is why riots have occurred.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:47 PM

My verdict is this: What is being done in India won't work very well in the USA. This isn't India.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Could you show me where people on the right have been asking for these type of strict measures? I've never seen any Trump supporters advocating for this, and it doesn't fit the narrative at all.
Well, I personally know a few Trump supporters. Some Trump supporters that I know have admitted to not minding this stuff happening. It isn't just individuals on the left saying "stay indoors or else". I know some right wingers who have said this, in real life. You haven't seen it, but I have.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I personally know a few Trump supporters. Some Trump supporters that I know have admitted to not minding this stuff happening. It isn't just individuals on the left saying "stay indoors or else". I know some right wingers who have said this, in real life. You haven't seen it, but I have.

Ok, you've heard a few people say these things. I personally know there are neo nazis on the left, but you don't hear people going around and talking about it like it's a prevalent thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies