Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2020, 11:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Would you prefer a different "B" word?

Look, when someone takes every bit of hamburger (or whatever), leaving everyone who comes after SOL, that's effing wrong, and there is absolutely no defense for that whatsoever.

But you do you. Go ahead and defend it.
Yes, thanks. It’s amazing who some of these people defend! There I am, standing by the meat counter waiting for the guy to make his selection so I could buy my one little package of hamburger, and the pig takes every single one.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:36 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And the hoarders aren’ the pigs? Amazing how liberals always make excuses for the wrong people.

Also, no need to come down on me with your liberal hate anymore. I’m putting you on ignore.
People need to work harder so that Rachel976 doesn’t have to spend an extra 5 minutes of her precious time waiting in a grocery store line.

The entitlement mentality is on full display.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
And how is cleaning a store out of hamburger (or whatever), which leaves those coming after thoroughly effed, an act of kindness? I would just love for you to explain that.

That is not having a sense of community. That is "I got mine, FU."
We have no clue if the man buying the meat is doing it for others, himself or maybe cooking meals for first responders. To assume they are selfish is not where I would go first.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Yes, thanks. It’s amazing who some of these people defend! There I am, standing by the meat counter waiting for the guy to make his selection so I could buy my one little package of hamburger, and the pig takes every single one.
But you didn't ask him if he could spare one. And I assume with social distancing, he may not have known if that was why you were waiting.

Just ask......and yes ask the guy behind the meat counter........

Old 03-29-2020, 11:38 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
And how is cleaning a store out of hamburger (or whatever), which leaves those coming after thoroughly effed, an act of kindness? I would just love for you to explain that.

That is not having a sense of community. That is "I got mine, FU."
Do you know if they were buying food for neighbors, or for a group home, or for a food pantry or for a shelter?

I’m very fortunate to live in a community and be part of an industry where people are stepping up and helping one another right now. Compassion isn’t a sign of weakness.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:40 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
People need to work harder so that Rachel976 doesn’t have to spend an extra 5 minutes of her precious time waiting in a grocery store line.

So people hoarding and taking way more than THEY NEED so others can not get any is an act of kindness? I'd say those people feel they are the entitled one, not the ones that are on the receiving end of it.

But, you obviously like the Communist model of empty shelves. How appropriate.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:

So people like me, who stays at home all week, doesn’t risk infection because hoarders slow the line and force a violation of safe distancing. But sure, go ahead and blame me and defend the hoarders.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:42 AM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
I just returned from an early-morning trip to my neighborhood grocery store, and there were TWO cashiers checking people out. Each person had enough in their cart to feed a family of 6 for three months, hoarding galore, and the self-checkout (which I ultimately ended up using, despite my "normal" full cart), had a wait as well, with people checking out full grocery carts because the "service" lanes were closed.

I complained (loudly) that the store is making a ton of money off the selfish hoarders, and they are buying up so much that it takes 20 minutes to check them out (yes....I said this in front of a hoarder), then why did they bring in only two cashiers to run the check-outs?! The answer came: we don't have enough cashiers because people are not applying for jobs.

Now, there are two possibilities:

1) That was a lie, and the major chain grocery store is just too cheap to staff the lines, even though they are making a fortune, or

2) All the out-of-work waitresses and retail store checkers know they will get their full salaries for four months, and so why should they work?

If it's the latter, it is insane that 3 million people claimed unemployment compensation, and jobs can't be filled because people know they will "earn" more doing nothing.
I have never seen a shopping cart big enough to be able to feed six people for three months by filling it.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:

And still not a word for the people who are on the job making sure she can get her little package of hamburger. She expects them to stay on the job risking their lives no matter what, so she can buy what she needs when she needs it, all the while berating them for not moving fast enough for her. This attitude is really sad. My niece works in a grocery store and she comes home exhausted and demoralized every day. And it's due to shoppers like this.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:45 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
How much food should a firehouse cook have in his/her shopping cart? Would you berate that person for buying multiple pounds of ground beef when poor old Rachel has to go hungry-wait, I mean eat something besides ground beef-this week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies