Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,237,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
OMG it has been confirmed that the wet market was not the origin of the virus, and you are still talking about it?
Mainstream science doesn’t seem to share your conclusion

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317175442.htm

Both of their theories presume animal to human transmission.

Show me some peer reviewed studies that have shown China’s markets had nothing to do with the coronavirus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 01:02 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,773,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Mainstream science doesn’t seem to share your conclusion

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317175442.htm

Both of their theories presume animal to human transmission.

Show me some peer reviewed studies that have shown China’s markets had nothing to do with the coronavirus
Possible animal to human transmission, yes.
From that wet market, no.

In fact the first confirmed case was in early December, and suspected cases were found in November.
That market was just the first identified epicenter, not the origin.
Any busy market is likely to be an epicenter.

I strongly suggest you watch this video. Many of your questions will be answered here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-19Q1tyhhw

Old 04-02-2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
China is the alleged source of the virus. They do not bear full blame for the spread of it in the United States. We need to make sure that we recognize that we need to hold ourselves responsible for our negligence in responding to the pandemic. With the $6 trillion+ our liberal government is spending, we'll have paid the price.

Too bad very few Americans will think that way. It just feels better to blame others.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:08 AM

6,418 posts, read 8,292,105 times
Yeah, we'd much rather blame another country that handled a pandemic poorly, yet gave us months notice, than to hold our corrupt, money grubbing leaders accountable for downplaying the situation, and failing to act to prevent the problem from happening.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Possible animal to human transmission, yes.
From that wet market, no.

In fact the first confirmed case was in early December, and suspected cases were found in November.
That market was just the first identified epicenter, not the origin.
Any busy market is likely to be an epicenter.

I strongly suggest you watch this video. Many of your questions will be answered here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-19Q1tyhhw
I watched about 10 minutes of an idiot know-it-all with finger tattoos pontificating about the origin of the virus, which is so far out there it’s not even worth a discussion. He’s almost an apologist for the Chinese government which I find amusing. He is bending over backwards not to link it to the markets when the evidence clearly indicates otherwise. SARS, bird flu, they all started in these markets. And so did Covid-19

Old 04-02-2020, 01:16 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,359,022 times
Quote:

Too bad very few Americans will think that way. It just feels better to blame others.

I don't think that's the case. I think plenty of Americans think this way. It's just that the weakest Americans that want blame others are also the loudest. So you just see them around more.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I don't think that's the case. I think plenty of Americans think this way. It's just that the weakest Americans that want blame others are also the loudest. So you just see them around more.
I’m not blaming China for this. Nobody could have foreseen this happening. I just think that moving forward, some serious changes need to be made in that country, and I don’t think it is unreasonable for me to feel that way. Do you?

Old 04-02-2020, 01:27 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,359,022 times
Quote:
I’m not blaming China for this. Nobody could have foreseen this happening. I just think that moving forward, some serious changes need to be made in that country, and I don’t think it is unreasonable for me to feel that way. Do you?

Nothing wrong with feeling that way. As an American, I'm more concerned with the changes that need to be made in my own country. I feel that's a more critical discussion than one about a country that we have no control over.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Nothing wrong with feeling that way. As an American, I'm more concerned with the changes that need to be made in my own country. I feel that's a more critical discussion than one about a country that we have no control over.
Well, the difference between the US and China is that the US hasn’t been the culprit country for the vast majority of pandemics in the past 100 years. What China does and does not do affects the entire planet as we are all now acutely aware. So unless you are advocating for complete and total isolationism, I don’t see how you can possibly be so dismissive of what goes on in China.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I watched about 10 minutes of an idiot know-it-all with finger tattoos pontificating about the origin of the virus, which is so far out there it’s not even worth a discussion. He’s almost an apologist for the Chinese government which I find amusing. He is bending over backwards not to link it to the markets when the evidence clearly indicates otherwise. SARS, bird flu, they all started in these markets. And so did Covid-19
I assume you know the virus is most likely from some bat, right? And that wet market never sold bats. People in China simply don't eat bats.
Even if some weird people occasionally do that for whatever reason, the chance of transmission is then extremely small, because the base is extremely small.

Contrary to what rumors say, bats are not consumed in China (at least definitely not in Wuhan). Some internet pics claimed to be from China are from Indonesia and Palau (?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies