Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 08:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wonder if Pocahontas knows that taking the race of a patient is pretty standard operating procedure.

Of course if you lie and say you're Native American that could throw the numbers off.
This old yarn again......

Were you upset to learn Trump considered himself to be Swedish most of his adult life including in the Art of the Deal book. His belief was based on his family’s oral history, no diff than Warren. Trump’s father rewrote his own history and found it easier to rent apartments in his tenements to Jewish immigrants by hiding that he was German.

There are reasons to like or dislike Warren. This is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 08:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...she's claiming that people like you - middle-aged mom nice white lady hospital volunteers and other healthcare workers - will cause blacks and browns to die unnecessarily of COVID-19 due to your racism. And you lap it up.

Seeking to understand what makes someone tick is hardly lapping.

She sees the healthcare system from a perspective of an MD and her own life experiences, different than my own. Maybe if I were unable to hail a taxi in NYC, I might have a tendency to view life through a racial lens, too.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They’re.just starting to get them good and riled up before the stores finish boarding up their windows.
The people that riot don’t watch PBS.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The people that riot don’t watch PBS.
Mr. Rogers was on PBS.

You tellin' me he wasn't a hell-raiser?

Old 04-04-2020, 12:19 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Why is your takeaway “ teaching minorities to hate whites and America“ and not recognition of a problem that could be improved upon?
Because the problem is made up.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:23 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This Dr is obviously smarter than the average bear. She graduated from Harvard She is an MD. She is a professor at a prestigious medical school.and she has likely faced raw racism throughout her life, including from those who believe the only way she got opportunity was through affirmative action, instead of working her butt off.
That's not racism; that's just being in touch with reality. More than 90% of blacks at Harvard would not be admitted if they weren't black.

And why do you mention "working her butt off"? Do you think she's not smart because she's black?

Old 04-04-2020, 04:25 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Why is your takeaway “ teaching minorities to hate whites and America“
That's just the reality of the situation. On so many fronts, there is a concerted effort by media, academics and activists to raise the level of racial resentment and hostility. Blacks especially are encouraged to see their own personal crises and struggles as the result of white malfeasance.

Quote:
and not recognition of a problem that could be improved upon?
I suspect there is a real risk that "blacks and browns" will suffer disproportionately from COVID-19, because they will, on average, make poorer decisions about how to cope with it. And there probably are things that could be done, but this race-baiting piece contributes nothing toward that effort.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
People of African descent and Hispanic heritage are already aware of disparities in the healthcare system. Spare us the dramatics about hating whites. People who are dealing with this are simply trying to survive.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:49 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
People of African descent and Hispanic heritage are already aware of disparities in the healthcare system. Spare us the dramatics about hating whites. People who are dealing with this are simply trying to survive.
A part of this is genetics where blacks have a much higher incidence of asthma. A pulmonary disease like COVID-19 is going to hit blacks harder. There’s also the socioeconomic issue independent of the quality of health care. If you eat and couch potato and smoke your way into chronic behavior-induced diseases, COVID-19 is more likely to kill you.

There is also the socioeconomic aspect of social distancing. I’m affluent. I don’t have to go to work. I can afford to have food on hand where I don’t have to be in public places. I’m far less likely to contract the disease.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:55 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Elizabeth Warren wrote to HHS Secretary demanding racial stats on covid-19 patients.

Got to keep that racial hatred stoked. Disgusting IMHO

Here is her letter:
https://pressley.house.gov/sites/pre...20response.pdf
Racial stats alone mean nothing. If blacks are getting COVID disproportionate to their numbers, it doesn’t necessarily mean racism. Do blacks smoke more than whites? Do they live more “bunched up” in cities? Are they following the social distancing rules to the same degree? Do they have higher rates of lung disease, obesity, or diabetes? Anyway, it could be an interesting study AFTER we recover from this nightmare, but there is no place for it now. The liberal media, and liberal politicians (here’s looking at YOU, AOC), need to put a sock in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies