Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 06:57 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Your last sentence was the typical nasty insult of conservatives that so many liberals interject into any debate, so given your sanctimonious attitude, no need my spending time responding further.
Translation: “I cannot refute your argument, so I will ignore it.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 07:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Your last sentence was the typical nasty insult of conservatives that so many liberals interject into any debate, so given your sanctimonious attitude, no need my spending time responding further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Translation: “I cannot refute your argument, so I will ignore it.”
Not quite. I don’t understand these liberals who make horrible, nasty accusations against a conservative poster, demonstrating complete disdain and contempt for conservatives, and then expect that poster to engage. What could possibly be gained from debating with someone like that? They’ve already told you that they think you’re a horrible, selfish human being. Their mind is closed.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Not quite. I don’t understand these liberals who make horrible, nasty accusations against a conservative poster, demonstrating complete disdain and contempt for conservatives, and then expect that poster to engage. What could possibly be gained from debating with someone like that? They’ve already told you that they think you’re a horrible, selfish human being. Their mind is closed.
Liberals are evil. Did you know that Hitler was a liberal?

Old 05-13-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
All I know is that Hitler was a subhuman monster.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
All I know is that Hitler was a subhuman monster.
In other words: a liberal!

Old 05-13-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
In other words: a liberal!
I have no idea where you’re going with this, unless you are trying to say that I think liberals are as bad as Hitler. You’re confused. It is liberals who say that conservatives are Hitler followers, Nazis, whatever, and are making comparisons with concentration camps. I’ve pointed out before how insulting that is to survivors.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Not really. He was rather center right so was Obama. Washington was more left than Hitler...

Old 05-14-2020, 04:41 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Where’s the money from THAT supposed to come from? I know you said you don’t care, but eventually, it will be time to pay the piper - with massive inflation and tax rates of 50% or more on the middle class. That will also drive bankruptcies and cause an economic collapse.
Our grandkids’ credit card. Don’t worry about it. When they figured out that we maxed out their credit card and just paying the interest takes everything they make we’ll be long gone.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:37 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I originally posted:

krichton responded to my post above with the following post:

I made nothing up, krichton:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie...x-returns-show
In 2017, [sanders] income was $1.1 million and he gave away $36,300 or 3.15 percent. The year before that he also made more than $1 million but donated $10,600 or less than 1 percent. His income peaked in 2016 and 2017 due to sales of his book, Our Revolution.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/berni...e-home-photos/
Bernie Sanders makes a big deal about income disparities in America, but he’s a wealthy man himself: Wealthy enough to afford three houses, that is. In May 2019, Politico Magazine called Sanders, 77, “a three-home-owning millionaire with a net worth approaching at least $2 million.”
This is not what I was calling you out on. I couldn't care less about his donations to charity. In 2011 he gave over 20k, while he was making 174k a year, being a senator. I don't care. None of this has a thing to do with his platform or policy proposals. He wanted a 1% wealth tax on those with 32 million in wealth and a 2% tax on wealth of 50-250 million! And this has somehow been construed to him wanting to take ppl's houses away. I wonder if ppl actually listen to themselves. Could it be there is no real argument here, and therefore creating a strawman filled with hyperbole is simply easier? I think so.

Im not sure if you're aware but there are tons of middle class citizens with over 1 million in net worth, especially those with property, and at Bernie's age. Many are not millionaires. The fact that he owns 3 homes not even totaling more than 2 million is hilarious. This is the example you're going to use to say he's "wealthy?" Sad

Quote:
NO! All liberals like you do, Krichton, is make broad-sweeping, insulting, and false accusations - and then claim you’re the party of compassion and tolerance.

Talk about cognitive dissonance. You leftists are just horrible with your hate and animus to people who refer to fall in line under progressivism.
Have you heard of irony? There's no greater example of cognitive dissonance than when the vast majority of republicans pretend that Trump has not committed a single crime or violation while in office. Ditto when it comes to climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies