Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 07:37 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
He was one of the first to die in NC. Those that acquire COVID generally die from fluid in their lungs, e.g. pneumonia. Kind of like people that die of heart attacks die of poor oxygenation to the heart.
So anyone who dies of pneumonia, died of covid, anyone who dies of COPD died of covid. I get what your saying but the way this stuff is presented in the media. Never said he tested positive for Covid19. My mom died of "COPD" years ago maybe she had Covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

"For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality." Colossians 3:25
Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Whats your point, exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
WHAT????? Are you serious? You have GOT to be a Trumpista!!!!
Why, because Im aware religious folks follow a certain doctrine concerning service, life on earth and their eternal souls?

Old 04-07-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The virus causes pneumonia. That is how it males people sick.
I realize that. I'm criticizing the journalism. There was just recently an article about "first to be arrested for violating the stay at home order", well the guy was in possession of illegal drugs and toting a gun.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Perhaps those caring for him in the ICU weren't ready to meet THEIR maker - as our doctors and nurses are also susceptible to the virus.
Did they meet their maker? We are all susceptible to the virus as we are any other virus.
Health care professionals take on a certain risk inherent to their calling as do other professions. Police, firefighters, EMT's. Everyday when they go to work there is a chance they will be injured or die in the line of duty.

Just to be clear I was not supporting haphazard exposure and spread of the virus, just making a statement that for those truly religious, dying in service to God is not a bad thing according to the numerous sermons I have witnessed during my life. Many times God has put his servants in danger, arrests, torture, beatings, sickness and death to spread the gospel, just saying.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did they meet their maker? We are all susceptible to the virus as we are any other virus.
Health care professionals take on a certain risk inherent to their calling as do other professions. Police, firefighters, EMT's. Everyday when they go to work there is a chance they will be injured or die in the line of duty.

Just to be clear I was not supporting haphazard exposure and spread of the virus, just making a statement that for those truly religious, dying in service to God is not a bad thing according to the numerous sermons I have witnessed during my life. Many times God has put his servants in danger, arrests, torture, beatings, sickness and death to spread the gospel, just saying.
I'll agree with you there, if he died doing what he most wanted to be doing, it's sad, but not a tragedy.

We can't know whether he'd make the same decision now as he did then, but there really are people who run in to burning buildings in order to help others run out. We're all richer for the existence of these people. (And a huge number of them work in medicine.)

BTW, I'm an atheist. And I'm sad that he died, as I am sad for each and every person who dies of this horrible disease. Make no mistake, it's no quiet death.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:06 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Back on March 11th, the CDC told us to prepare for this pandemic.

cdc.gov: 3/11/20 COVID-19 Resources for Households CDC-Centers for Disease Control. Read it.

We were told to prepare for this in March by the CDC. Why then was Trump downplaying this allowing the idiot factor to prevail and spread this exponentially?

This CDC article with guidelines paints a dire picture, yet, Trump decided to lie about it and down play it. What's amazing to me is the low information crowd still defending the indefensible.

What that preacher did was trust a liar and con man and he paid for it with his life. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's bizarre, it's despicable, and it's a great tragedy that people choose to follow the leader vs reading and researching what the experts are telling us. Why isn't the CDC more involved with the daily briefings? It makes Trump look like the liar he is?

Old 04-07-2020, 11:10 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
His prayers failed wow how shocking

Old 04-07-2020, 11:12 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Back on March 11th, the CDC told us to prepare for this pandemic.

cdc.gov: 3/11/20 COVID-19 Resources for Households CDC-Centers for Disease Control. Read it.

We were told to prepare for this in March by the CDC. Why then was Trump downplaying this allowing the idiot factor to prevail and spread this exponentially?

This CDC article with guidelines paints a dire picture, yet, Trump decided to lie about it and down play it. What's amazing to me is the low information crowd still defending the indefensible.

What that preacher did was trust a liar and con man and he paid for it with his life. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's bizarre, it's despicable, and it's a great tragedy that people choose to follow the leader vs reading and researching what the experts are telling us. Why isn't the CDC more involved with the daily briefings? It makes Trump look like the liar he is?
Trump imposed travel ban on China Jan 31

While the democrats were doing this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=658821708

Old 04-07-2020, 11:16 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sure, and the New York Times and Mayor DeBlasio and Nancy Pelosi and the Mayor of New Orleans and a whole host of people who couldn’t imagine something like this.

TRUMP WAS SENT BY GOD SO HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2020, 11:40 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Here's what El Rushbo said in response to people sneering about his 'it's a cold comment'.

'So you Republicans, you need to be keeping a sharp eye. When I said it’s a common cold virus, I was talking about as it exists in the country. Nobody’s died from it, we have 57 cases, we do not have a pandemic. I mean, it’s not even the common cold in terms of the impact it’s had on America to date. It’s not even the common cold. I at no time said that it isn’t dangerous and that it couldn’t become something else.'

So the liberal Media Matters types are leaving out of context

Well Rush's last sentence was certainly correct. It's good that he backtracked on the rest of the stuff he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies