Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:09 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure how you can mandate the use of a product that is largely unavailable to the general public.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:16 AM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 4 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 975,507 times
He is a mini Kim Jung Un (same with Bill de Blasio of NYC). Democrats are communists, make no mistake. Disarm the population, enslave them.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:30 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I'm not sure how you can mandate the use of a product that is largely unavailable to the general public.
The abilty to issue forth edicts and decrees outweighs the logical application of such.
In other words; make it look like you're doing something, even if it doesnt work.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 4 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The abilty to issue forth edicts and decrees outweighs the logical application of such.
In other words; make it look like you're doing something, even if it doesnt work.
I don't take these decrees lightly, no matter how stupid. The mayor/official is in charge of the police force and has the authority to arrest and detain. These far left mayors want to enslave the working class. I can't think of a more evil smiling politician than Bill de Blasio - purposely avoiding a direct repeated question should citizens be allowed to have a gun in their home "I think people have a right to feel safe in their home". So his answer is NO. Only elites like BDB can have guns. Don't trust these liberal mayors. They are mini Kim Jung Un's.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:37 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Face mask vs body bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Except that isn't really the case, is it?

Slow the spread long ago became that if I am infected I will die. And that fear that I will die is what allows the community to accept what seems like unreasonable restrictions like LA County shutting down anything if a news camera was able to get two people in the same frame and chasing down one guy in the Pacific Ocean when a few miles north into Ventura County surfers pushed out of LA went out with a lot more than 6ft distance between them to enjoy life.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:41 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Eric Garcetti brings another hammer down on his obedient population.

"Los Angeles says essential employees must wear face coverings"
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/los...face-coverings

In turn, they reserve the right to refuse service to any customer not placing obstructions over their airways.

Duration: indefinite.
Why does the far-right always do this? Such sensationalism and blowing things out of proportion.

There is a pandemic going on in this country, it has killed over 10,000 Americans so far.

Since people are stupid and not protecting themselves in public like public health officials have recommended, the government is making it mandatory. The safety of the people of Los Angeles was at the forefront of making that decision. They are simply trying to keep people healthy and coronavirus free.

Let the OP tell it, "ER MER GERD. POLICE STATE! BIG BROTHER!"

Yes, OP. We get it. You HATE liberals and you HATE California. GOt it. Now will one of the reasonable conservatives on this forum tell the OP to give it a rest?

Last edited by NeutralParty; 04-08-2020 at 07:54 AM..

Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:

In turn, they reserve the right to refuse service to any customer not placing obstructions over their airways.

I said this elsewhere, but my timing in life is usually pretty bad. This is one time my timing was right on. I got to my new digs, clear across the country, on March 6th - one week before all of this panic and nonsense started. I was able to move in, get what I needed, and get settled. The following week, all hell broke loose.

I really wanted to get out of CA, for many reasons, but I don't think I would have appreciated the victory of finally getting out of there as much as I do now.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:50 AM

35,683 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:

Wonderful news! do ANYTHING you can to stop this deadly demon from killing our loved ones!

Old 04-08-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why does the far-right always do this? Such sensationalism and blowing things out of proportion.

Yes, OP. We get it. You HATE liberals and you HATE California. GOt it. Now will one of the reasonable conservatives on this forum tell the OP to give it a rest?
I don't hate liberals. I used to be one, worried greatly about climate change and just "accepting" the rest of the liberal agenda. But no more. There are some serious issues with the Democratic party today. They seem to be about virtue-signaling and not about the causes themselves, hypocrisy, and teaching bizarre sexual behaviors to children, they also seem obsessed with race, sexual orientation and labelling and dividing/segregating people. The party has gone completely SJW. I also take issue with gun control, which removes people's right to self defense and makes them easy targets to enslave or massacre. Guess I never realized how truly evil the Democratic party is.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:58 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
It's amazing to me that people can be so stupid as to not understand how requiring people to wear masks in public is for their own protection by reducing community spread. Sorry, Bubba and Bubbette, but your liberties end where mine begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Homemade masks are easy to pull together - no sewing required. You can cut up an old T-shirt, or use a scarf or bandana, folded over a few times. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Since people are stupid and not protecting themselves in public like public health officials have recommended, the government is making it mandatory. The safety of the people of Los Angeles was at the forefront of making that decision. They are simply trying to keep people health and coronavirus free.
Precisely. Government has a duty to provide for the welfare of its people. Certainly taking measures to reduce transmission of a deadly virus would fall under that duty. I guess you can't fix stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies