Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:32 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...19/2971621001/

This Chinese owned (former American-owned) company is the largest Pork products producer in the US. China is moving to control our food supply. I've been posting about Smithfield for weeks now, but this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I hope this company shuts down temporarily due to C-19, so you can see the grocery store shelves' meat department clear out. You will be shocked to see how many products this company provides. ~1/4th of the meat departments will become bare.

Please write your Congressman, Senators, & President Trump's office demanding that we begin eradicating the Chinese from our food supply chain, including land, farms, processors, brokers, distributors, ect..

Demand an immediate hault to any further Chinese investment in the US domestic food supply chain. Demand that we nationalize it through eminent domain paying fair market value for all Chinese holdings.

If politically active people like you won't act, there's no hope the rest will act. Please write letters now while we are all trapped indoors, and have time.

We must stop this. I'm open to any and all ideas on how we get the CCCP out of our domestic food supply chain, stop them from buying up our company's, land, & debt.

Once they've dismantled our manufacturing capabilities, our domestic food supply, & hold most of our debt, bad things happen.

We are in an invisible economic war that makes C-19 look like a sweet-16 party. We are under attack.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-08-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 07:34 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Well they may cut the supply for a time, but they like money -and they will go after the money. They have farms and growers etc., who are they going to sell to ? We should still be 75% self sustaining, but America would have to change drastically.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:39 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Good.

Smithfield products suck.

They make it harder to find decent ribs to smoke.

Good riddance.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:43 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
I don't eat pork anymore. It's not a religious thing - just had a dream and my waking thought was "I cant eat pork anymore", and I haven't. As a friend pointed out, "If it comes to you in a dream, you have to act on it."

You don't need to write anybody if you stop eating pork...I'm just saying.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Well they may cut the supply for a time, but they like money -and they will go after the money. They have farms and growers etc., who are they going to sell to ? We should still be 75% self sustaining, but America would have to change drastically.
They will export our food supplies unless we pay huge amounts of cash for food. They'll have us by the balllls.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
All is not what it appears to be on the surface right now...Keep your eyes and ears open and learn to 'read between the lines'.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 PM

Wow, based upon these posts ^^^ I need to make my plans to get out of here...I have the means do you?

Have you any idea how much of our food supply China has bought up? I didn't think so.

I suggest you spend some time on it. We are under attack, and you dont even know it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/10-i...investors.html

https://www.processingmagazine.com/n...-food-industry

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/27/72350...-foreign-owned (146,000 acres!)

How many links do you need to listen to me? Rome fell in 1 day.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...19/2971621001/

This Chinese owned (former American-owned) company is the largest Pork products producer in the US. China is moving to control our food supply. I've been posting about Smithfield for weeks now, but this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I hope this company shuts down temporarily due to C-19, so you can see the grocery store shelves' meat department clear out. You will be shocked to see how many products this company provides. ~1/4th of the meat departments will become bare.

Please write your Congressman, Senators, & President Trump's office demanding that we begin eradicating the Chinese from our food supply chain, including land, farms, processors, brokers, distributors, ect..

Demand an immediate hault to any further Chinese investment in the US domestic food supply chain. Demand that we nationalize it through eminent domain paying fair market value for all Chinese holdings.

If politically active people like you won't act, there's no hope the rest will act. Please write letters now while we are all trapped indoors, and have time.

We must stop this. I'm open to any and all ideas on how we get the CCCP out of our domestic food supply chain, stop them from buying up our company's, land, & debt.

Once they've dismantled our manufacturing capabilities, our domestic food supply, & hold most of our debt, bad things happen.

We are in an invisible economic war that makes C-19 look like a sweet-16 party. We are under attack.
+1

Bad things are already happening leveled at America by China.

Yes, we are already under attack.

I hope Trump shuts China out and down to protect us.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:54 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't eat pork anymore. It's not a religious thing - just had a dream and my waking thought was "I cant eat pork anymore",
That must have been one heckuva night!

Old 04-08-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
+1

Bad things are already happening leveled at America by China.

Yes, we are already under attack.

I hope Trump shuts China out and down to protect us.
C-19's nothing compared to the economic attack we are under, and our politicians are complicit. They'll take their cash and bail to Europe or Australia..I will too.

Please do some research on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies