Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:15 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

After shipping manufacturing over to China it now looks like they are buying up our food supply to send over there too.

Smithfield agrees to be bought by Chinese meat producer for almost $5B - NBC News.com

Maybe they will send a little melamine our way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
The Han have been in business for over 6,000 years. They know what they are doing. They are building a Capitalist empire under cover of a nominally "Communist" government.

A Chinaman wrote "the Art of War" and most Chinese leaders have read it. We have apparently ignored it as some kind of "not invented here" trinket.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
I don't trust the Chinese. They had products that are poisonous and dangerous to our health.. they sent over Chinese drywall here that has forced people to move out of their homes because of the breakdown of what is in it. Chinese have taken over the furniture industry, clothing, what haven't they taken over? And we borrow huge amounts of money from them . They are winning the economic war and we are losing. We will be poor soon.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't trust the Chinese. They had products that are poisonous and dangerous to our health.. they sent over Chinese drywall here that has forced people to move out of their homes because of the breakdown of what is in it. Chinese have taken over the furniture industry, clothing, what haven't they taken over? And we borrow huge amounts of money from them . They are winning the economic war and we are losing. We will be poor soon.
Have your broker suggest a few Chinese conglomerates.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After shipping manufacturing over to China it now looks like they are buying up our food supply to send over there too.

Smithfield agrees to be bought by Chinese meat producer for almost $5B - NBC News.com

Maybe they will send a little melamine our way.
China didn't do it Bill Clinton did. Ol Slick sold us out from under ourselves and is still laughing at the bank vault box where he keeps his cigars.

Democrats can not learn from past errors. I hope you are all ok with that.

I grow what i eat. I don't like sulfur, gypsum, methanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and assorted other toxins in my food to eat.

This pork deal is not for me. What i worry about is getting contaminated items from Red Commie China that will contaminate the SOIL, and the WATER, which I am sure the Democrats have already worked out.

That's what Democrats do best is trash everything and then blame someone else.

If you look at the the problem you will find there is almost no difference between Bill Clinton and a upper class Communist. Under communism nothing is equal. Everything is just different for the peasant class, the Elite always make out just fine.

I don't and won't eat anything that comes from China. There is no telling what it is or what's in it.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No No No real furniture is not made if saw dust and glue. You can't make real furniture that way. That overly heavy crap the chines turn out is a toxic blend of moldy sawdust, nasty old glue and paper wood, which is paper printed to look like a wood.

That is not furniture it is crap.... You are correct on the dry wall. That is how the chinese '
recycle' anything and everything.

Got too much shredded plastic put it in pet foods and baby formula, and ship it to the USA, The people in the USA are dumbed down and will never find out you know

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
China is hoarding gold too...

Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Mac - It is not what food we are importing from China but how much food we are exporting to China while their make the profit by owning the land and processing here in the US. They are just beginning the colonization of the American Economy.

I agree with you that eating food, or even using some of the utensils, from China is very close to tap dancing in a minefield. I look at place of origin before buying fresh anything in the winter.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Outsourcing began in the mid 60's with steel. The world is not going to pay a premium for U.S. /union made goods. Global competition awards business to the most productive manufacturer.

Fuel prices being what they are means it is increasingly cheaper to make /assemble in the U.S. It's not your daddy's factory, anymore. Substantially fewer people are needed and the jobs are well paying for those with the right education and skills.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times
China's peaked, and I wish Americans would stop being so damn afraid of the Chinese. They have 1.3 billion people, most of which live in total despair and poverty. The amount of social unrest in their future, is sure to stifle the economy, seal their fate as a second rate nation - in perpetuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies