Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,523,665 times

Advertisements

http://www.prb.org/images12/brazil-r...population.gif
http://www.prb.org/images12/china-india-population.gif

India is pretty much ideal as a young country.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-26-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 05:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,641,897 times
Give this a read. China and ME Sheiks are buying up farmland and land with water supplies all over the world.
They are growing and harvesting and then EXPORTING back to their own countries.

Chinese firms and Gulf sheiks are snatching up farmland worldwide. Why?

This story has been told since 2009 but we don't pay mind to it because we're fat and happy and think nothing is going to change.
China among countries buying up farmland around the world - National Watchdog Politics | Examiner.com

Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,737,831 times
Also, and off topic, is the fact that the Fed is in a "Currency War" with China and everybody else, and no-one is too happy.

So they can be expected to trade their cartoon paper with dead Presidents on them for things of real value.

That is what everyone should be doing with theirs, instead of buying Chinese junk at WalMart.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:53 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,884,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Give this a read. China and ME Sheiks are buying up farmland and land with water supplies all over the world.
They are growing and harvesting and then EXPORTING back to their own countries.

Chinese firms and Gulf sheiks are snatching up farmland worldwide. Why?

This story has been told since 2009 but we don't pay mind to it because we're fat and happy and think nothing is going to change.
China among countries buying up farmland around the world - National Watchdog Politics | Examiner.com
With 310 million people, there is plenty of natural resources and farm land to sustain us. China and the Sand people, buying up farm land worldwide, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM

24,455 posts, read 23,143,190 times
Bought my last Smithfield product. Although I have to admit their bacon was always lower quality than my favorite local brands so I never had any. Now I have to research just what all they make.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Bought my last Smithfield product. Although I have to admit their bacon was always lower quality than my favorite local brands so I never had any. Now I have to research just what all they make.
Found this. I didn't know Smithfield owned Farmland brand

Our Brands - Smithfield Foods

19,023 posts, read 26,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I know you and I don't agree on a lot - but I'm with you on this. I don't want to eat any meat from China. Just - no. I've seen how they cook their dogs (often alive) so - no. I hope it's labeled because I sure as he!! won't buy any meat from them.
Eating dog is ok by me so long as it is all dog and not toxic waste added. I cook lobster and crab about the same way they cook dog. I boil water and drop in the shellfish. Doesn't bother me a bit.

The Chinese envrio. is filthy. Their engineering sucks. They were not ready to run what was left of themselves after what the Japs did to them in WW-2.

Going full blown red commie did them no favors and still isn't. You should see how those rice burners eat monkey! But you were nice to me this one time so i will be mice back and not tell you how that is done.

I will tell you that from what i have experienced in like there is nothing revolting to me anymore, well any more than a pipe dreaming liberal who has given up any and all real thinking.

24,455 posts, read 23,143,190 times
China has completely polluted their own land and much of it will be unsustainable for habitation. Communism is the worst polluter of any economic or political system, bar none.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
With 310 million people, there is plenty of natural resources and farm land to sustain us. China and the Sand people, buying up farm land worldwide, doesn't bother me in the slightest.
LOL..the US is included in that "buying up farmland worldwide" my friend.
Farms are being sold to "investors". Slowly your resources are being privatized.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
China has completely polluted their own land and much of it will be unsustainable for habitation. Communism is the worst polluter of any economic or political system, bar none.
OT: but did you ever see the pint painted apt building that washed out for incorrect engineering and just fell over on it's face? What a riot... A shear case of copy cat engineering. but the land was all wrong ..

That place was brand stinkin new, which was a good thing, since that means no one had moved in.

I can't believe Bill Clinton hasn't been crucified yet for what he has done to us and the USA.

The left are either blind or plain stupid. The whole housing crash is straight from Bill's dirty work too.

If life was fair Bill would be living in fear in a spider hole, and so would his trollop wife with him.

If these idiot left have their way they will have her as pres. That should seal the deal and make Bama's dream a reality Welcome to the newest 3rd world nation on Earth.

It makes me wonder if the Russians are taking any applications in advance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies