Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,598,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I mostly agree with you except I have always protest buying anything chinese and avoid it as much as humanly possible. Most of the people I know avoid it also. Many of us vigorously protest when the Clinton dynasty sold us down the river but were not heard. Corporate interests had more political clout than citizens.

It isn't the American citizen who had a voice in trashing our culture and way of life, as you stated, greed is behind it as well as the people who shop at the lower class stores stocking their products.
It is our own demand for cheap disposable products that lead us to where we are. It started with cheap Japanese products but we've moved on to cheap Chinese products. We just want cheap. Unfortunately, that means that we don't make things here. If we had insisted on buying American instead of Japanese and Chinese, we would not be where we are now. Companies like JVC would still be manufacturing here. We did this to ourselves. We demanded cheap goods so jobs went over seas which resulted in us only being able to afford cheap goods. The funny thing is if we'd bought quality instead of cheap what we bought would have lasted. Now we're stuck trying to make cheap last because without jobs, even cheap has become expensive.

Sadly, corporate greed added to this. Companies like Minnetonka boots have shipped manufacturing to China without so much as a penny price drop. Did you know Ugg boots are also made in China? I know because I tried to find a pair of boots made in the USA and, with the exception of steel toed work boots, couldn't. I thought for sure Minnetonka would still be made here but no. The only thing we seem to still make here is food but it looks like China is horning in on that market too. We did this to ourselves and we deserve everything we get. Such are the rewards for being stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,782,170 times
Your computer, cell phone, TV, clothes, shoes, air conditioner, toys, kitchen knives....are all made in China, no matter what the "brand" is.

Why surprised?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,821,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
China didn't do it Bill Clinton did. Ol Slick sold us out from under ourselves and is still laughing at the bank vault box where he keeps his cigars.

Democrats can not learn from past errors. I hope you are all ok with that.

I grow what i eat. I don't like sulfur, gypsum, methanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and assorted other toxins in my food to eat.

This pork deal is not for me. What i worry about is getting contaminated items from Red Commie China that will contaminate the SOIL, and the WATER, which I am sure the Democrats have already worked out.

That's what Democrats do best is trash everything and then blame someone else.

If you look at the the problem you will find there is almost no difference between Bill Clinton and a upper class Communist. Under communism nothing is equal. Everything is just different for the peasant class, the Elite always make out just fine.

I don't and won't eat anything that comes from China. There is no telling what it is or what's in it.
Nixon 'opened the door to China', and if you don't want their pork, go buy someone else's.

Nixon Goes To China

Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,315,110 times
Scared of China ?? There is but one President you need to blame for that, his initials are RMN.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 PM

29,869 posts, read 25,002,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How much were we in debt to the Japanese? There ya go. This is completely different.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BMiMuUN0vT...tionalDebt.jpg
Pretty well neck and neck tie today.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-27-2013 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,923,602 times
Hell, most of our debt is still held domestically.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:21 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,948,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Pretty well neck and neck tie today.
Yep of the roughly 33% called foreign investors China and Japan are about split with a total of 14%.
Also, as was mentioned if you start to look at breakdowns you could say the US is in debt to itself. A strange notion.

However, they plan on dumping the bill on John Q. Smuck.

October and later part of year could be interesting.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Default China took our jobs; now they are taking our food too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After shipping manufacturing over to China it now looks like they are buying up our food supply to send over there too.

Smithfield agrees to be bought by Chinese meat producer for almost $5B - NBC News.com

Maybe they will send a little melamine our way.

Please...

China did NOT "take our jobs."

What really happened is that "American" corporations gave our jobs to the commies.

Hope you can see the difference.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,939,159 times
I don't if I said this earlier in this thread but here goes: China's working age pop is starting to drop down in real numbers so IMHO that country will be in a world of hurt soon since it's getting too pricy to make stuff there in 2013. Give it maybe 5 to 10 years and China will be mostly old people and fighting wars and so on is a young person's thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies