Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,475,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep.

Am I the only one that remembers the 1980's when the Japanese were going to own the whole USA and were unstoppable?
How much were we in debt to the Japanese? There ya go. This is completely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,335,663 times
Wait ... I thought the Chinese were sending us their substandard food, not buying our food supply?

Someone's interpretation skills are faulty.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,500,849 times
Those Chinese are on a roll.

[an eggroll that is...!! ]

Old 05-29-2013, 01:59 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,555,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After shipping manufacturing over to China it now looks like they are buying up our food supply to send over there too.

Smithfield agrees to be bought by Chinese meat producer for almost $5B - NBC News.com

Maybe they will send a little melamine our way.
Stupid "free" trade politicians, and business owners who only care about money

Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,031,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Stupid "free" trade politicians, and business owners who only care about money

Problem is "free trade" with China is mostly a one-way street. An American company would not be allowed to buy a Chinese company of that size. And We can't just set-up large companies there, either. We have to "partner" with a Chinese firm and give them all our know-how. They will then proceed to use that knowledge and, with Chinese government supplied capital, undercut and/or buy out competing firms in the US.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:19 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,776,295 times
China does not have enough farmlands to produce meat.
They have been importing American chicken and beef for quite a while.

Meat in China is already more expensive than in the US, so exporting meat to China is a good idea.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Han have been in business for over 6,000 years. They know what they are doing. They are building a Capitalist empire under cover of a nominally "Communist" government.

A Chinaman wrote "the Art of War" and most Chinese leaders have read it. We have apparently ignored it as some kind of "not invented here" trinket.
LOL..I'm on the same page as you GregW. China is waging war alright and we'll never know what hit us when we realize we lost to them.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:43 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,945,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After shipping manufacturing over to China it now looks like they are buying up our food supply to send over there too.

Smithfield agrees to be bought by Chinese meat producer for almost $5B - NBC News.com

Maybe they will send a little melamine our way.
The largest shareholder in public companies is govt. (Go check out CAFRs) Outsourcing was no random accident. When they say Chinese company that can be misleading because that often is an american company that simply moved to china. US Govt also invest in chinese companies as well.

I think somewhat recently historically China capped ownership there at 50/50. At least that is what I read. The problem with corps is they can be funnels creating layers under names not recognizable at first glance. This is apparently called a "sandwich". This is where all the heavy off shoring comes in.

This points to offshoring and ownership changes also.

http://www.economist.com/node/18928526

quote:
This structure—a Chinese-owned company in China, a foreign-owned company in China and an offshore parent—is known as the “Sina” model, after the first Chinese internet company to be listed overseas. It is used by about half of the Chinese companies listed in America, says Paul Gillis, a professor at Peking University. Numerous other unlisted companies use it as well. It allows Western companies to invest in China without breaking local ownership restrictions.

This is discussing US debt breakdown.
progressives: should the USA borrow tens of trillions more for society?

Last edited by CDusr; 05-29-2013 at 05:09 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,335,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
China does not have enough farmlands to produce meat.
They have been importing American chicken and beef for quite a while.

Meat in China is already more expensive than in the US, so exporting meat to China is a good idea.
It's a good idea for them and agribusiness and a bad idea for Americans. We should not sell them any food or oil or gas, no iron, no nothing. They are at war with us. No bullets (yet), but they are hostile in every way and we need to wake up.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
China didn't do it Bill Clinton did. Ol Slick sold us out from under ourselves and is still laughing at the bank vault box where he keeps his cigars.

Democrats can not learn from past errors. I hope you are all ok with that.

I grow what i eat. I don't like sulfur, gypsum, methanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and assorted other toxins in my food to eat.

This pork deal is not for me. What i worry about is getting contaminated items from Red Commie China that will contaminate the SOIL, and the WATER, which I am sure the Democrats have already worked out.

That's what Democrats do best is trash everything and then blame someone else.

If you look at the the problem you will find there is almost no difference between Bill Clinton and a upper class Communist. Under communism nothing is equal. Everything is just different for the peasant class, the Elite always make out just fine.

I don't and won't eat anything that comes from China. There is no telling what it is or what's in it.
I know you and I don't agree on a lot - but I'm with you on this. I don't want to eat any meat from China. Just - no. I've seen how they cook their dogs (often alive) so - no. I hope it's labeled because I sure as he!! won't buy any meat from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies