Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 05:58 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times

Advertisements

I am a very unpopular person because I think critically and will not follow the crowd.

Also think, this whole situation pits neighbor against neighbor, instead of free individual against deep state.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:53 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am a very unpopular person because I think critically and will not follow the crowd.

Also think, this whole situation pits neighbor against neighbor, instead of free individual against deep state.

I don't see any of this ending well. The powers behind the curtain are already rolling out the idea that serum tests will be mandated for employment purposes here on out. Mandatory vaccines will be next. Your financial freedom will be tied to being forcibly injected. IF you can think critically for yourself, time to start thinking about how to live a more self-sufficient lifestyle and not be beholden to the "system" if you prioritize your health........

Old 04-11-2020, 10:24 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Snowflake conservatives need to stop complaining about staying at home, and just suck it up for the country until we can flatten the curve.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:33 AM

545 posts, read 192,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Snowflake conservatives need to stop complaining about staying at home, and just suck it up for the country until we can flatten the curve.
So can you elaborate on how to "suck up" the following:

- Estimates of 25 million unemployed

- Negative 50% GDP

- Many businesses going bankrupt and never returning

- A ton of industries threatening to be completely wiped out

- Mental Health issues due to financial issues (which will lead to divorces)

Can you tell us how to SUCK this up please? Because I don't have a "manual" on how to SUCK this up.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:07 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious994 View Post

- Negative 50% GDP

Can you tell us how to SUCK this up please? Because I don't have a "manual" on how to SUCK this up.
Well, i will pass on some advice that many boot strappers on this forum have passed on to me over the years;

"Get a better job"

Lol, HAHAHAHA, lol

Old 04-11-2020, 11:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

If you remember, once Trump won the election, 'division' between the people really started to heat up and grow, it has since reached the level of people literally HATING their own family members, neighbors, co workers, etc and wanting them punished for who they support.

When you look at the 'big picture' (beyond the virus), it certainly does appear like there is something else taking place right now.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:18 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Haha thanks. I got called worse back in 2019 on here when I was predicting a stiff correction in early 2020 and a recession by the middle of 2020.
Oh right - because you predicted the pandemic.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:46 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:

- Negative 50% GDP

Not to mention suicides, domestic/child abuse, riots/lootings, etc...

Old 04-11-2020, 11:56 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
I agree with you that the education system is indeed whack because it teaches people to regurgitate information, rather than be critical thinkers.

Case in point, all you are doing is regurgitating the scam that they have fed to you. Critically think with me for a moment.........follow me..........

- They claim CoronaVirus is big and bad, spreads very fast, and 2% of those that get it die. You follow me?

- CoronaVirus has been in The United States since late December/early January. We didn't do any social distancing nor any other procedures in response to this until March 16th. You follow me?

- This means the big, bad, fast spreading virus had 2 to 3 months to run rampant. You follow me?

- It would have made all of the sense in the world, for there to be a spike in people randomly dying from what we "thought at the time" was the flu. It would have be a significant spike compared to prior years. We would have later discovered it was CoronaVirus. This situation DID NOT happen.

- So now, "The Experts" get on TV and tell us to social distance from March 16th to today, and that is going to slow the spread from millions dead (2 to 3 million) to just 100k to 240k.

QUESTION, if the virus was this Big and BAD, why didn't it kill all of these people or some other alarming rate of people from late December/early January - March 16th when it could run rampant while we were going about our daily lives?

QUESTION, why did it start at 2 to 3 million were going to die, then go down to 100k to 240k, now it's down to 60k? Because of a couple weeks of social distancing for a virus that had nearly 3 MONTHS to run loose without us even knowing it existed?

Do you follow me? Something is completely off with this entire CoronaVirus response.

Follow me for a minute........and think.

At some point we are going to have to open the economy back up. Wouldn't it spread once we all start gathering again?

In addition, the supermarkets in my area have looked like football games. My post offices have people lined out the door. There's no social distancing going on there. I know countless people that have been having house parties.

How are they truly stopping the spread?

Apparently the virus isn't as Big and Bad as they are telling us. Think for a minute. Maybe we should have just continued to do what we are doing from late December/early January until March 15th.....which was NOTHING. You didn't see bodies laying everywhere. You didn't see hospitals overran. You didn't even know there was a CoronaVirus in existence!

If we would have done nothing, the quantity of people that would have died would have been those who die from the flu every year. Nothing to write home about. Plus when you look at these COVID 19 deaths, they are literally tacking onto those numbers deaths that really weren't driven by COVID 19.

I truly don't understand why we as Americans don't critically think anymore and just accept whatever The Media, our Government, and our "Leaders" tell us.
Nice Tin Foil hat.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Come on now, you conservative snowflakes have been harping for years about people who complain about their jobs, about not finding s job or a livable wage paying one, healthcare, etc.

Now here you are, crying and whining, lol. All the while for years condemning and expressing outright hatred towards those who wanted things like affordable healthcare, or a job that pays the rent without being crammed in a room with five other people.

So as I posted, you do not like the current situation? Go get another job then, many people are working, many are hiring, you should have not taken a job in a sector that would be impacted by such an event. Because after all, that is the advice you all been peddling to others for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies