Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 04:54 PM

20,908 posts, read 9,612,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
huh? Why you confused by this? He's saying that if she had dropped out of the race before Super Tuesday then Bernie would've grabbed more of the amount of votes & Biden wouldn't have ran away with almost every state.
Even if that was, indeed, what he is meaning, why is he suddenly talking about this out of nowhere? This is old news by now. More than a month old, in fact. Is he so afraid of Biden that he's still dwelling on possibilities that disappeared a month ago?

Furthermore, even assuming he's speaking in some sort of hypothetical past tense ... since Warren voters probably would have split between Biden and Sanders, it would have made little or no difference to the outcome. Biden still would be way ahead.

Which, again, tells me he's afraid of Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 04:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,570,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
huh? Why you confused by this? He's saying that if she had dropped out of the race before Super Tuesday then Bernie would've grabbed more of the amount of votes & Biden wouldn't have ran away with almost every state.
That is not what he said:

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
Nobody wants to say that if Elizabeth Warren gets out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders wins virtually every state in a blowout...NOT EVEN CLOSE! I haven’t heard one member of the Fake News Establishment even mention this irrefutable fact. FAKE NEWS!

He didn't use the word had.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:55 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,711,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Even if that was, indeed, what he is meaning, why is he suddenly talking about this out of nowhere? This is old news by now. More than a month old, in fact. Is he so afraid of Biden that he's still dwelling on possibilities that disappeared a month ago?

Furthermore, even assuming he's speaking in some sort of hypothetical past tense ... since Warren voters probably would have split between Biden and Sanders, it would have made little or no difference to the outcome. Biden still would be way ahead.

Which, again, tells me he's afraid of Biden.
I heard him say that a few days ago. He def didn't say this for the first time today. And is it really surprising he would say it that way?

Old 04-10-2020, 04:56 PM

20,908 posts, read 9,612,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Except it's not written in past tense.
Exactly. I wonder if he has a proof reader?

If he was really talking in the past tense, it would have read like this:

"Nobody wants to say that if Elizabeth Warren got out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders would have won virtually every state in a blowout...NOT EVEN CLOSE! I haven’t heard one member of the Fake News Establishment even mention this irrefutable fact. FAKE NEWS!"

Old 04-10-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
Nobody wants to say that if Elizabeth Warren gets out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders wins virtually every state in a blowout...NOT EVEN CLOSE! I haven’t heard one member of the Fake News Establishment even mention this irrefutable fact. FAKE NEWS!

I understand perfectly what he's saying. It's the way he talks that is probably surprising you all. This is part of the reason he has the problems he has. He doesn't know how to speak or he says too much.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:57 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,102,718 times
Trump hasn't talked about it -- yet -- but now that Bernie has dropped out and it's him vs Biden, I think he's starting to get a little stressed.

For months now, every model, poll, prediction from every news outlet, even Fox News, has showed that Biden by far has the best chance of beating Trump.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:58 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,573,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

If that confuses you, I would imagine you spend a lot of your life confused. It's obvious what he was saying, and he's said similar things many times since Warren saved Biden's campaign.

I'm thinking you aren't actually confused, you are just desperate to manufacture something to complain about.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:58 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,274,704 times
Creepy Trump is losing it.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,573,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump hasn't talked about it -- yet -- but now that Bernie has dropped out and it's him vs Biden, I think he's starting to get a little stressed.

For months now, every model, poll, prediction from every news outlet, even Fox News, has showed that Biden by far has the best chance of beating Trump.
LOL, kind of odd you'd say that. The only people that I've seen truly thinking Biden has a chance are DNC partisan hacks. It's obvious to literally everyone else that he's got no chance.

You can say he has a "better" chance than Bernie would have, but that's like deciding if urine or feces tastes better....you can pick your favorite, but both are disgusting.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If that confuses you, I would imagine you spend a lot of your life confused. It's obvious what he was saying, and he's said similar things many times since Warren saved Biden's campaign.

I'm thinking you aren't actually confused, you are just desperate to manufacture something to complain about.
Bingo. I don't understand why so many people are acting this way. First off Trump talks to much when he shouldn't. It gets him in trouble because I really think he buries himself in a deeper hole instead of just keeping this short.

But what he said now is like a random thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies