Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 03:05 PM

48,559 posts, read 34,927,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Don’t know, I was too young.
Yeah, so was I. But I've taken history classes, and read, and watch documentaries. That was a pretty momentous event in US history.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 03:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It started while he was still a candidate.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about where it came from and the Press's motivation behind it, then I don't know what will.
It started long before that. The New York press caught on to Trump early on seeing that he was a self-promoting con man and bloviating windbag.

Old 04-11-2020, 03:13 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, so was I. But I've taken history classes, and read, and watch documentaries. That was a pretty momentous event in US history.
I was in my early twenties at the time and had developed an interest in politics. I watched every minute of the Watergate hearings and watched on live TV as Nixxon boarded the helicopter on the South Lawn, turned around and flashed his ridiculous double victory sign one last time, then flew off into the sunset. Good Riddance. That was a happy day.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:25 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,008,003 times
Interesting.
Trump people must read CD.

As no news conference today.

OR

The poll numbers are dropping with these news conferences.

Hmm. . . . . . . .

Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,684,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Did you feel the press was hostile to Nixon? Or do you think they did a good job uncovering Watergate?
I lived in Washington D.C. the summer of 1974 when Nixon resigned. In fact, I was in the demonstration on Pennsylvania Ave the night he resigned. I read the Washington Post every day that summer and thought it was very respectful of Nixon. I supported Nixon until it started to become apparent the evidence against him was overwhelming but that was not until late July/early August of 1974.

Nixon obviously hated the Washington Post but the relationship was never like the situation between Trump and much of the media today.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:05 PM

78,541 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
How are you missing the similarities?
Well we've been calling him names, questioning his decisions and expressing dislike for all or some of his actions for over three years and none of us have been drug off by the police and tortured to death for starters.

I mean wow, maybe we can find someone that got away from the Khmer Rouge and you can explain the woes you have had in your oppressed life here in the US.

P.S. My dad made me mow the yard once, it was like slavery. The struggle is real.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM

78,541 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
Hitler had a whole Hitler Youth indoctrinated who went on to be great soldier (even the boys) for a period of ten years or so there were even a separate school system for select HY the schools focused on Loyalty and were terrible with science like fact teaching...an authoritarian system values loyalty over knowledge

while i see similarities in the authoritarian republican party as far as i know there is NO TRUMPyouth

.....YET
You doing ok with this whole isolation thing?

Old 04-11-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well we've been calling him names, questioning his decisions and expressing dislike for all or some of his actions for over three years and none of us have been drug off by the police and tortured to death for starters.

I mean wow, maybe we can find someone that got away from the Khmer Rouge and you can explain the woes you have had in your oppressed life here in the US.

P.S. My dad made me mow the yard once, it was like slavery. The struggle is real.

So democracy in this country is still working. If Trump had his way, I have no doubt he would silence the news media that he doesn't like. If you doubt that he wouldn't go to extremes to eliminate his enemies, look at what he did to James Comey and Andrew McCabe. The McCabe situation was spiteful and immature. I hope he wins his wrongful termination suit. In addition to McCabe and Comey, look at what Trump did with Jessie Liu, who was U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, and nominated by Trump to be Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes at the Department of the Treasury. Her nomination was withdrawn because Liu was perceived to be disloyal, primarily by not prosecuting individuals Trump disliked including McCabe.

Old 04-11-2020, 07:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
So democracy in this country is still working. If Trump had his way, I have no doubt he would silence the news media that he doesn't like. If you doubt that he wouldn't go to extremes to eliminate his enemies, look at what he did to James Comey and Andrew McCabe. The McCabe situation was spiteful and immature. I hope he wins his wrongful termination suit. In addition to McCabe and Comey, look at what Trump did with Jessie Liu, who was U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, and nominated by Trump to be Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes at the Department of the Treasury. Her nomination was withdrawn because Liu was perceived to be disloyal, primarily by not prosecuting individuals Trump disliked including McCabe.
If you had people under you that committed insubordination, you wouldn’t fire them? Sure bud

Old 04-11-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
If you had people under you that committed insubordination, you wouldn’t fire them? Sure bud

Please give me the examples of insubordination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies