Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 06:04 PM

18,456 posts, read 8,287,342 times

Advertisements

This is interesting.....a 100 year old vaccine....seems to be protecting people from the worst cases of CV...

google > BCG vaccination coronavirus .......to read more on it

Connecting BCG Vaccination and COVID-19: Additional Data

" Our data further supports the view that universal BCG vaccination has a protective effect on the course of COVID-19 probably preventing progression to severe disease and death."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....07.20053272v1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
This is interesting.....a 100 year old vaccine....seems to be protecting people from the worst cases of CV...

google > BCG vaccination coronavirus .......to read more on it

Connecting BCG Vaccination and COVID-19: Additional Data

" Our data further supports the view that universal BCG vaccination has a protective effect on the course of COVID-19 probably preventing progression to severe disease and death."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....07.20053272v1

Again............................. needs a larger, randomized, double blinded study.

Attenuated BCG has been used to treat tumors over several decades; BCG is still used to instill in the bladder for bladder CA (I have, unfortunately, been on the receiving end of this and it is horrible). BCG increases cytokines, which can combat not only cancer cells, but viruses.

Prior to chemotherapeutic agents, BCG was injected into melanoma tumors to kill the cancer cells.

I personally am a walking, talking bag of cytokines. I have been treated with a year's worth of BCG and a year of interferon/interleukin. I have not even had a cold for three years after those treatments and have an eosinophil count 10X normal.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:37 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
It was already widely known, from prior studies, among doctors that deal with infectious diseases that the TB vaccination up regulated the innate immune system, and helped the body defend against a broad range of viruses.

Old 04-12-2020, 02:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,186 posts, read 13,477,157 times
If BCG does offer protection then most elderly people in the UK would be covered, as the BCG vaccine was a compulsory vaccine for all school chilfren between the end of WW2 and 2005 in the UK.

It was only changed to a selective vaccine rather than a compulsory one in the UK due to the extremely low levels of TB, however some other countries such as India still have mandatory BCG vaccines programs.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:49 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
If BCG does offer protection then most elderly people in the UK would be covered, as the BCG vaccine was a compulsory vaccine for all school chilfren between the end of WW2 and 2005 in the UK.

It was only changed to a selective vaccine rather than a compulsory one in the UK due to the extremely low levels of TB, however some other countries such as India still have mandatory BCG vaccines programs.

Don't these vaccines lose their effectiveness over time? They typically require booster shots, revaccinations, etc.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Don't these vaccines lose their effectiveness over time? They typically require booster shots, revaccinations, etc.
The BCG is a one in a lifetime vaccine and does not require booster shots.

U have had the BCG vaccine, I received it along with everyone else at School in the UK.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:05 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:

U have had the BCG vaccine, I received it along with everyone else at School in the UK.
If so, wouldn't Boris have had it as well? And Prince Charles?

Old 04-12-2020, 04:17 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of this.

Wonder if this is typically given in Spain, Italy and other hard hit nations...

Old 04-12-2020, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If so, wouldn't Boris have had it as well? And Prince Charles?
I should imagine so, although Eton and Gordounstoun are private schools rather than state schools.

Boris went to Eton College and Prince Charles to Gordonstoun.

I am a bit sceptical of the BCG offering any real protection as plenty of old people are dying in the UK and manyt would have had the BCG at school, it was complulsory at age 14/15.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:19 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:
I should imagine so, although Eton and Gordounstoun are private schools rather than state schools.

Boris went to Eton and Charles to Gordonstoun.

I am a bit sceptical of the BCG offering any real protection as plenty of old people are dying in the UK and manyt would have had the BCG at school, it was complulsory at age 14/15.
Makes sense. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies