Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad for the quarantined celebrities?
Yes - famous people deserve special treatment 1 2.08%
No 28 58.33%
I AM a rich celebrity 3 6.25%
Put them to work doing pizza delivery 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 05:09 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,358,513 times

Advertisements

I do feel bad for them, just as I feel bad for anybody else suffering with the coronavirus. If a person gets a "good" case of it they will be miserable for weeks or they may even die.

That said, it's impacting the average American much worse, so my heart especially goes out to them. I feel bad about all the small businesses too. I wish them luck, but I know that this will put many out of business because of the virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 05:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
They could complain that the government has no right to impede freedom of movement and hinder freedom of association but I'm quite sure that's not going to happen.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:15 PM

17,604 posts, read 17,642,256 times
And for those who are still at work in hospitals, sure we’re still receiving a paycheck. We’re also having serious trouble sleeping. I’ve had nightmares more frequently. Last time I had this many nightmares was before getting treatment for PTSD from things I experienced in the military. I worry about catching this and accidentally infecting my wife who has health problems. I made sure she knows where my life insurance policies are located. They have us wear a cheap disposable mask throughout the hospital but we know how useless that is if we encounter an infected person who isn’t wearing protective equipment (like those walking in from the street or a family member visiting and doesn’t know he or she is infected. I work next door to the morgue. The funeral home employees now show up with mask, gown, and gloves regardless of if the person they’re picking up was infected or not. If you’re married, what’s the longest time you e spent sleeping in the spare room? That’s where I sleep. Some staff who have a garage completely undress before entering their home now. Some staff bring spare clothes and shower at work, place work clothes in a trashbag, dress in street clothes, and then go home. So please celebrities, please tell me how rough you have it living within your mansion.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:23 PM

45,209 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They could complain that the government has no right to impede freedom of movement and hinder freedom of association but I'm quite sure that's not going to happen.
O yee of little faith

Old 04-15-2020, 05:27 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,709 times
Entertainers are mostly TDS afflicted human trash.

I hope this pandemic leaves lasting damage on their industry.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:16 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,168 times
Ricky Gervais bashes rich celebrities complaining about coronavirus quarantine
I bash them too. Most of them who I see are just actively promoting themselves and have nothing relevant to say. Their pandering is more that I can take.

Ex: Tom Hanks and his wife just can't give it up. Please go away, please.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm with Frank on this one.
Yeah count me in too. This is a big fact so what. Now if it comes out that rich celebrities, suddenly start to eat each other? Hell yeah I want to watch, I'll even do something I have never done and buy some pay per view.

I can see it. Rosie O chasing Joy Behar around trying to eat her and Joy squawking like a demented raven all while Whoopie tells stories about when she was a minor player on Star Trek NG.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:58 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
What's a Ricky Gervais ?
Its a cocktail or something like that. I think it contains Vodka.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:31 PM

934 posts, read 402,325 times
True story time:

One of the less pleasant revelations from the war in Croatia that I had: a good half of entertainers are just plain stupid.
Didn't realize it in the time of peace, while they were singing, dancing or whatever they were doing. But then partisan media started interviewing that special breed of sheep about politics. O.M.G. Or, as Z generation would say today: I just can't.

Well, it takes some sort of catastrophe, obviously. And what I noticed is that the most intelligent celebrities do not try to send important message. They do not complain about their situation. The most intelligent celebrity understands that his work - actor, athlete, entertainer or whatever - when reduced to its bare bones is nothing else but to be a dancing monkey. But he or she needs to have a working brain to get that. It also helps when he or she is funny and talented. So, this is what an intelligent celebrity does in the time of crisis. I am serious as a heart attack - this is the most intelligent pandemic performance I have seen. It is funny, it brings a smile to your face, it is a bit self-deprecatingly humorous, and it shows an unexpected skill.
https://twitter.com/jackblack/status...98845086818304

Old 04-15-2020, 08:56 PM

29,510 posts, read 22,630,868 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6vhnTahBKA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies