Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Either way it still holds true.
Well, when you've got a gun to my head I suppose it is.

Rock on!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 10:50 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I hate to say it but I agree with him. Too many politicians focused on "the few" at the expense of "the many". They call it being "politically correct". I call it being stupid. We cannot allow the economy to go down in flames trying to save a few people who are going to die one way or another. Society has to survive even at the expense of some innocents who were at the end of their lives anyway. Spock said it best:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

We are all going to die one way or another. Should we have an annual cull? The Lottery was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:16 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
Put it this way. If this was a war. This would be the same as sacrificing a small outpost to win the war. Or we can try & save all of them troops at a particular outpost & possibly lose the war.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:21 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
I nominate this evil congressman be the first to sacrifice himself and his family then for the almighty dollar.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:25 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
The pro-life party, ladies and gentlemen!
It's only Pro-Life when it's a fetus and not a life...once a baby is born, they don't give a damn about that life anymore.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:26 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
As I said in another thread, if we can be so rational about sacrificing lives for the sake of the economy, why doesn't the government just compile a list of seniors using the most Medicare benefits. Perhaps go down the list of all entitlement programs and take the top 10-15% of benefit recipients with the lowest contributions to society. Get rid of them to save costs.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:30 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I'm going to call his mama so she can *slap him back into reality- what as arsehole!

Old 04-15-2020, 11:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
But you also fail to acknowledge that opening up he economy premature will cost lives without helping the economy. In fact, it might make it worse in the long run.

Its like ripping off a band-aid before the bleeding has stopped. You're just going to end up with more blood and a replacement band-aid will have to go back on anyway.
Should it be necessary for a state to reinstate more vigorous controls because a health emergency is beginning to, once again, spin out of control is not a good optic.

NY, NJ and Ct did a good job in coordinating actions because it is very common for those in one of these states to commute to another adjoining state, especially on public transportation.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point - it will be the case if we shutdown for too long.

What kind of economy do I want for my kids?

Do I want to leave for them a Venezuela type of economy?
Eyes wide shut....

Look around.
When your eyes are shut, your brain can't work.

Something really fishy is going on.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM

413 posts, read 209,412 times
Some people will die once the economy is opened up. There is no way to avoid it. Are the complainers suggesting we never open up the economy, because someone will die or or they saying they have an allowable amount of deaths in order to open up the economy and it is a different number than a politician they do not like? If you simply have a different number of allowable deaths what is that number or percentage and how did you arrive at it......and why is your number of allowable deaths reasonable and not someone else's. I bet no one can or will answer this rationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies