Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:17 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,646,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think the freeing of millions of people from a ruthless dictator
...into what, though? A land where car bombs and torture-murders by roving sectarian militias became the norm? The postwar planning by Bush, Bremer, Rice, and all the others was just abysmal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 04:20 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,424,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
...into what, though? A land where car bombs and torture-murders by roving sectarian militias became the norm? [b]The postwar planning by Bush, Bremer, Rice, and all the others was just abysmal.

read the rest of my post. I am NOT happy with our administration and the planning they have done.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,365,382 times
I thought is was at first but now I don't think invading was a good idea, I think Saddam was asking for it but I feel now a good round of bombing would have been enough.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,884,746 times
It was a bad idea not removing saddam at the end of the Gulf war. Correcting that foreign policy blunder was a good idea. When I pulled the GOP ticket in 2000 I knew we would end up back in Iraq

Hook or crook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, bryan61, attacking Iraq was a bad idea to the extreme. If it was a good idea it would have been settled by now with Bush's approval rating going over 50%. By the way, the other Iraq War from 1991 that you really seem to be referring to was also a bad idea.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:30 PM

Not the norm in most of the country. War isnt pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
...into what, though? A land where car bombs and torture-murders by roving sectarian militias became the norm? The postwar planning by Bush, Bremer, Rice, and all the others was just abysmal.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Are you code pink?????????
Why do you ask? Is Code Pink the only group that has a conscience and can do math?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,688,220 times
Bush the Dictator illegally invaded a country who did nothing to us.

Saddam the Dictator illegally invaded a country who did nothing to them.

So why has Saddam hanged for war crimes and bush not........yet.

When are we going to hang bushy the Dictator from the same rope as Saddam hung by?

I would trade my left leg to witness this.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,424,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Bush the Dictator illegally invaded a country who did nothing to us.

Saddam the Dictator illegally invaded a country who did nothing to them.

So why has Saddam hanged for war crimes and bush not........yet.

When are we going to hang bushy the Dictator from the same rope as Saddam hung by?

I would trade my left leg to witness this.
your awnser is within these resolutions

UN Security Council resolutions relating to Iraq

happy reading, 660 is the one you should probably start with.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 PM

Their math is in error, or at least the posters is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Why do you ask? Is Code Pink the only group that has a conscience and can do math?

Old 04-25-2008, 05:01 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
You got it right on the head. I think the freeing of millions of people from a ruthless dictator, that would not only put people in human meat grinders, but gas his own popluation with Saran Nerve gas a good idea. The administration biffed it up as far as I am concerned, we never went in with the "shock and Awe" we should have, We continue to play politics with our soldiers which is driving up the cost of the war. Remove the politics and let our soldiers get the damn job done and you would see less money spent there.
We torture people too, maybe not with meat grinders, we just call simulated drowning 'a little dunk'. We didn't seem concerned with Sadaam's use of the WMD WE SOLD HIM, on the Iranians, in fact, Rumsfeld was sent over to Sadaam to assure him that we didn't hold it against him. We sold him all sorts of weapons, then applauded him when he used them. We knew what kind of tyrant he was before we helped him gain power in the Baath Party.
What do you call 'get the damn job done?' - you mean drop the big one, like Nixon wanted to do in Vietnam? Thankfully he was not listened to. How about we stop causing these problems in the first place, by minding our own damn business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies