Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,960,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No your on social security.. living off me. Please.

Nobody living too well off the incomes of semi-literates.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,462,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I ain't staying home. I got to go to work.Unlike the crybabies on this forum I'm an essential worker.

I suggest the unemployed find essential jobs.
I haven't left the apartment since March 15th. Even when things "open up" since I work from home I still don't have to leave if I don't want to.

And with that in mind I will be cautious.

But that's me. That's my right.

Those who want to go out and do whatever...that is their right.

Individual rights are paramount. If this whole thing has taught us anything it's that forced collectivism really is an abject failure.

How folks didn't know that already is beyond me though.

7,271 posts, read 4,617,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
All the doctors and nurses I know are stretched beyond their limits right now. I feel terrible for them. Please be aware that one person's actions impact others beyond that one person.
Ballony, work next to BI and it is pretty calm. Just another drama queen spreading rumor to advance their lazy agenda.

25,446 posts, read 9,903,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No your on social security.. living off me. Please.
I don't get social security. But nice try. And when I do, I'm the one who paid into what I get, not you. You sound like a politician, that social security and Medicare are from the government. You may want to educate yourself. They're called entitlements for a reason. I'm entitled to what I paid in.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:25 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,164,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Because you could be infected and not know it and transmit the virus to a person at work or in the local coffee shop. They can then bring it home to somebody isolated in their home whom they may live with or take care of like elderly relatives or even kids.
Yes, but all of those people that I would be interacting with, are people who CHOOSE to go out and take that risk. So, I ask again, how does that hurt people who CHOOSE to remain hidden at home?

Old 04-18-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nobody living too well off the incomes of semi-literates.
Let me know when you return the check, mmmkkkayy?

Old 04-18-2020, 05:26 PM

31,338 posts, read 14,435,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I haven't left the apartment since March 15th. Even when things "open up" since I work from home I still don't have to leave if I don't want to.

And with that in mind I will be cautious.

But that's me. That's my right.

Those who want to go out and do whatever...that is their right.

Individual rights are paramount. If this whole thing has taught us anything it's that forced collectivism really is an abject failure.

How folks didn't know that already is beyond me though.
Problem is they have been indoctrinated by the left wing school system and media for decades.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:28 PM

25,446 posts, read 9,903,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And if private property owners were allowed to discriminate against who they want on their property/who to associate with/provide a service to/make a product for...then those who wish to go out could do so. Those who don't could stay home.

But alas, the baker must bake the gay wedding cake.
Say there are two people in a coffee shop. Both are in their 40s, going about their business, working, getting a coffee. No 60 year old in there. But one of those 40 somethings catches the virus from somebody else in the shop and brings it home to their isolating elderly relative or to one of their children or a spouse. What then?

Old 04-18-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Even if a person over 60 didn't frequent said private property owner's business, but somebody else did, and brought the virus home to a relative who is isolating or a child they are taking care of. What then?
How is that my problem? When did I become the insurer of YOUR health.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:32 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,223,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
All the doctors and nurses I know are stretched beyond their limits right now. I feel terrible for them. Please be aware that one person's actions impact others beyond that one person.
I conclude from this you don’t know many doctors and nurses. That is such a misrepresentation of reality. Most doctors and nurses are sitting home because elective medical procedures have been deemed non essential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies