Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 AM

8,566 posts, read 10,989,435 times

Advertisements

I voted for Mr Trump, and will again in the fall, but, if I were in a position of giving him advice, I would tell him to skip all these daily covid19 meetings, and let the medical professionals handle the situation.

Clearly he is out of his league when discussing medical issues concerning this virus, and should back off on his daily appearances.
It would be to his advantage to just shut the hell up about things he knows nothing about.
He is making a fool of himself, and he needs to leave it to the pros.

He and his team have built a great economy, and presently, because of this pandemic, that has tanked to the point it may be extremely difficult to recover.

Come voting time, people will only relate to what is going on presently, and the great strides the administration has made in the economy will be in memory only.
All his uneducated talk concerning covid19 is what the voters will remember, because it will still be front and center come election time.

I would tell him to leave it to the professionals.
Heed their advice, and don't continue to try and add his uneducated opinion that only makes him look foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Any reasonable and rational person would come to that conclusion CALGUY!

He just can't help it, in his little arrogant brain he thinks he is an expert on all topics. Most of his followers will believe anything he says.

If only Trump said he knew Marine engineering his believers could jump in a big boat with him, then we would be set.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I voted for Mr Trump, and will again in the fall, but, if I were in a position of giving him advice, I would tell him to skip all these daily covid19 meetings, and let the medical professionals handle the situation.

Clearly he is out of his league when discussing medical issues concerning this virus, and should back off on his daily appearances.
It would be to his advantage to just shut the hell up about things he knows nothing about.

He and his team have built a great economy, and presently, because of this pandemic, that has tanked to the point it may be extremely difficult to recover.

Come voting time, people will only relate to what is going on presently, and the great strides the administration has made in the economy will be in memory only.
All his uneducated talk concerning covid19 is what the voters will remember, because it will still be front and center come election time.

Heed their advice, and don't continue to try and add his uneducated opinion that only makes him look foolish.

Apparently the upswing in the economy that was taking place long before Trump won the election is also only in memory.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:51 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,056,101 times
Trump WILL ALWAYS be in the lime light, that's just one of his idiosyncracies.
Asking him to take a back seat is asking too much, it would not be in his nature to do so.

I voted for him too and realize that this is just a fundamental part of his personality.

He will always be in the forefront whether he knows what he's doing or not.
When he makes mistakes, he will make them confidently!

Old 04-24-2020, 11:55 AM

185 posts, read 253,333 times
I didn't vote for President Trump, and I won't vote for him again in the fall.

I beg you, if you ever get the chance to advise the President on anything, please tell him to keep doing exactly what he's doing. He always seems bound and determined to do the opposite of what he's advised to do or what he should do.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,056,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Apparently the upswing in the economy that was taking place long before Trump won the election is also only in memory.
There's only one way to go once the economy goes down the toilet, like it did in 2008-2009.
Can anyone really take credit for that? The recovery was extremely slow.

But Trump can definitely take credit for the tariffs against China:
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...any-economists

Old 04-24-2020, 12:00 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
The daily press conferences from Trump and many of the state governors, are actually just the govt trying to maintain control and order. They have to keep people hopeful, (even when its not due).

Just keep in mind, during such a crisis, the govt is NOT going to tell the public everything, their duty first and foremost is to maintain control and order.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
How can you give a god advice? They are omniscient and omnipotent, therefore, they already know that which you would tell them.

He's a god. Ask any partisan. Such hubris, thinking yourself the equal of a god.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The daily press conferences from Trump and many of the state governors, are actually just the govt trying to maintain control and order. They have to keep people hopeful, (even when its not due).

Just keep in mind, during such a crisis, the govt is NOT going to tell the public everything, their duty first and foremost is to maintain control and order.
You don't maintain control and order by allowing an idiot to continue to spew things such as touting unproven drugs and ingesting Lysol. In fact, I would say that's the exact opposite of maintaining control and order.

The OP is right, he needs to be yanked off the stage. Unfortunately that YUGE ego will never relinquish the mic. That ego needs to be fed, constantly and continuously, the country be damned.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:08 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

maybe, just maybe, if someone could convince him he's just providing them material to turn into negative sound bite ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies