Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:43 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,510,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And yet he managed to become a billionaire and POTUS.......

And you're doing what, exactly?

Besides whining about him on the internet?
After getting bailed out with numerous bankruptcies, otherwise cheating people he owed money to, and in general being a lying grifter taking advantage of a stupid minority of the American public. Yeah, he's golden!

Old 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,332,701 times
Trump claims that he was just being sarcastic.

Quote:
The state of play: During a signing for the interim coronavirus funding bill, the president told reporters that he "was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen" with the response, per a pool report.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-d...ign=alerts_all

Old 04-24-2020, 11:47 AM

29,868 posts, read 14,913,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Just like people who are screaming about "context" don't understand the meaning of the word "context".

YOu can't claim context when we're literally quoting the man.
Sorry, I saw the same video and know where did I hear him saying to inject disinfectant.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:48 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,017,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
As a Trump voter, I agree it was a real bad choice of words but he didn't say what disinfectant as he said "the disinfectant".

However, (not defending him here) who knows a developed medical disinfectant that could help with CV? Who knows.

However IMO he should have done NOTHING at all about CV!
NO DOCTORS, NO NOTHING - just to let it ride out.
He fell into the trap IMO!!!

Death will/would've happened either way. I'm a PRO-LIFE believer and I don't say it lightly!!
Science to a degree is BS! For instance, go on YT or do actual reading research and see "all of the science" on diet - one diet way "science" will debunk the other diet way and vice-versa!

#44 waited until more than 1,000 died from the virus going on in his term before he did anything which wasn't all that much.
so you basically just said 1000 is worse than 50,000

Old 04-24-2020, 11:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,278,205 times
Quote:
As a Trump voter, I agree it was a real bad choice of words but he didn't say what disinfectant as he said "the disinfectant".

However, (not defending him here) who knows a developed medical disinfectant that could help with CV? Who knows.

However IMO he should have done NOTHING at all about CV!
NO DOCTORS, NO NOTHING - just to let it ride out.
He fell into the trap IMO!!!

Death will/would've happened either way. I'm a PRO-LIFE believer and I don't say it lightly!!
Science to a degree is BS! For instance, go on YT or do actual reading research and see "all of the science" on diet - one diet way "science" will debunk the other diet way and vice-versa!

#44 waited until more than 1,000 died from the virus going on in his term before he did anything which wasn't all that much.
The disinfectant that was being discussed was bleach and alcohol.

Quote:
We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids. And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing — just spraying it on and letting it go.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...s-briefing-31/

The president made his "the disinfectant" comment right after Bill Brian was talking about bleach and alcohol.
I'm pretty sure bleach and alcohol should not be injected into the human body.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:49 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,315,360 times
Respectfully, I’d like to ask Trump fans if they believe this explanation:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1253733336557793280

Old 04-24-2020, 11:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,278,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump claims that he was just being sarcastic.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-d...ign=alerts_all
The videos prove that was another lie by the stable genius. Does he not know that the press conferences are recorded?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:50 AM

4,713 posts, read 2,000,137 times
Trumps issue is not what he said, he simply asked a question. But lets face it he is the King of asking things at the wrong time. He speaks off the cuff a lot which gets him in trouble. I can imagine anyone else who was curious about something they had heard to simply ask some of the medical professionals around them before just throwing such a thing out there in the wind. The man lacks a filter of any type. Some people love him for that, others hate him but it is what it is.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:52 AM

13,877 posts, read 5,071,454 times
Quote:
No, do NOT go to YouTube for scientific advice. If you are going to do "actual reading research" make sure you are reading something from a credible source and that you are able to understand the content.

Nearly all of the diet stuff you read on the internet is BS. Anyone can claim that this diet or that diet was "scientifically proven" to work. Low fat, high fat, paleo, mega vitamins...no wonder people get confused.

The problem you describe is not that science is BS. The problem is 1) the internet makes it ridiculously easy for people to make false claims, and 2) most Americans are not educated enough to tell the difference between science and fiction.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:53 AM

29,868 posts, read 14,913,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Respectfully, I’d like to ask Trump fans if they believe this explanation:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1253733336557793280

No, It was him rambling on when he should have just kept silent. Not sure if anyone has been in a board room during a brain storming session but in a lot of cases I've looked at a co worker and wondered how the hell they have made it through life so far after they've blurted out something. This is exactly the case here...he blurted out something and the media and haters just ran with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies