Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 AM

185 posts, read 97,049 times

Advertisements

With what's currently going on, I feel as if this country has become even more divided then before. Which is saying A LOT because this has already been a country that's been super divided for quite some time. Especially in the past decade or so, I feel at least. I feel there's been a HUGE divide with this virus and things seem like they've been getting tense and possibly will become even more tense in the coming months.

Since this virus, we've seen those whom are so terrified that they have made the government their best friend. I've seen people I personally know; whom were either "anti-government/USA" all of a sudden want the government doing everything they can to keep them safe. The situation has had the government reward those whom snitch on their fellow citizens for not "sheltering in place" or "social distancing". You have those whom now despise anyone who goes outside for any reason. Want to go for a walk, run, get some exercise, you're villified and crucified for "not saving a life". Don't wear a mask and gloves? You're the bad guy! You think outside the box and have ANY sort of criticism for how the government and agencies have handled things; "HOW DARE YOU!? YER NOT QUALIFIED!!" Have ANY sort of questions for how things are going, then you're the bad guy! You're contributing to the infections and deaths! These people will wish for your death and eternal hell for you.

Then you have the other side that feels there's more to whats happening. The "conspiracy theorist" whom are questioning everything about this. They're the more neutral party but probably would engage more in cyber warfare, leaking documents and info, create more awareness.

Then you have the protestors whom want the country and economy to open up. They feel their rights are being infringed upon, they're not able to work and make a living, tired of waiting for the governments hand outs. And after not working for a few months may start to take more aggressive action (then they are now). However, they'll be met with the "Quarantine Gestapo" whom are the governments "useful idiots" and of course counter protestors. Followed with police and/or military force at some point. While the elites laugh and toast each other in their ivory towers, for the destruction of America.

Around the world, in some countries you may see very similar situations. Some countries more or less intense than others but eventually people will become restless.

Maybe even some "pro-quarantiners" will eventually get fed up and start demanding their cities/countries start opening up.

Countries where the government is unstable and resources are scarce, will possibly fall into anarchy.

Yes, I'm aware it sounds absolutely crazy and impossible but a lot of the times, the things we never think will happen; happen. And again, these are just somethings I can see happening. It may be far fetched, it may be "out there" but in some ways, some of these things are happening as a "lite" version.

How do you guys see things being played out, if the current situation continues to go on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 12:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
I agree for the most part, we are sort of in a limbo period, federal and state govts are still in control, still functioning, law and order is still in place...but it cannot last much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies