Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
Glad you posted this. Nowhere in the quote does it tell anyone to inject or consume Clorox, Scrubbing Bubbles (Joe Scarborough) or any other disinfectant. Nor does it even come close to hinting that people should. All it is, is rehashing what the director said right before Trump spoke, which is certain disinfectants do indeed kill the virus extremely quickly and the medical professionals will be researching any possible way to kill the virus that ravages the inside of the body. IOW, IS IT POSSIBLE to attack the virus INSIDE the body with SOME SORT OF DISINFECTANT? Is it possible to develop some sort of new or altered disinfectant which would be safe to use BY PHYSICIANS to help kill the virus? Not on yourself. Not without medical supervision. Not at all.

You all know damn well that if Obama or Biden rehashed the same thing the director said right before they spoke, you would be giving them a pass and the only reason you are all taking this way out of context and getting your panties in a wad is because Trump is POTUS......or any other Republican for that matter. It's all about politics and absolutely nothing else.
Since you quoted my post - please DO point out where I said Trump told people to inject Clorox.

I never made that claim - do NOT need to make that claim. Because Trump's idiotic comments, derived from his massive ego - need no further hyperbole.

He considers himself knowledgeable about medical matters since some distant relation went to MIT.

He ALWAYS has to be the smartest person in the room; all attention must be on HIM. That's how he ends up saying such stupid things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 04:37 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
You call them lies. I call them public ridicule provoked by one of the dumbest leaps of logic and ill-thought out utterances by any president in my lifetime. That the man in command of our nuclear arsenal said something so stupid would seem preposterous. Yet it's true.

Are you OK with him floating ideas of injecting disinfectant on national TV? Surely not. Whether he recommended, suggested, or floated the idea of injecting disinfectant doesn't really change the fact that POTUS strung together a series of words that included "injecting" "inside the body" and "disinfectant" with the clear intent that he wanted his scientists to look into the idea. Outrageous ignorance.

Once again, for those who claim to not have ignorance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
LOL, now even the anti-trumper cannot hold to their own initial comments.....

It went from trump said to inject yourself with lysol to trump floated ideas...

Even the anti-trumpers cannot even follow their own lies.....

Maybe those anti-trumpers are not as smart as they think.....and we can clearly get this reasoning from ole' gator fan......

Old 04-27-2020, 04:47 PM

565 posts, read 282,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
You call them lies. I call them public ridicule provoked by one of the dumbest leaps of logic and ill-thought out utterances by any president in my lifetime. That the man in command of our nuclear arsenal said something so stupid would seem preposterous. Yet it's true.

Are you OK with him floating ideas of injecting disinfectant on national TV? Surely not. Whether he recommended, suggested, or floated the idea of injecting disinfectant doesn't really change the fact that POTUS strung together a series of words that included "injecting" "inside the body" and "disinfectant" with the clear intent that he wanted his scientists to look into the idea. Outrageous ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Once again, for those who claim to not have ignorance:

Maybe those anti-trumpers are not as smart as they think.....and we can clearly get this reasoning from ole' gator fan......
Perhaps instead of attacking and smearing you might answer the question I posed directly to you. Is there something within my post that you disagree with?

Old 04-27-2020, 04:55 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Since you quoted my post - please DO point out where I said Trump told people to inject Clorox.

How about this....I want you to show us that your president said to inject lysol/clorox...

You support the msm against trump, so show us.....

No need to provide your opinion, we know that...

Old 04-27-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The director BEFORE Trump spoke spoke about how certain disinfectants kill the virus extremely quickly. He also spoke about how they will be doing research to see if and how they can be used to attack the virus inside the body. He did NOT say they WOULD use them inside the body, he did not say they would use them straight up as they are. He said they would be researching it. THEN Trump came to the mic and repeated what the director said. That's it. No one was telling anyone to drink bleach and no one said the answer will be to drink bleach. Stop being so obtuse.
Absolutely not. He was talking about mitigating exposure and transmission of the virus on surfaces and in the air. The context is clear. He was NOT talking about doing any research on disinfectants in the body.

Here's the transcript of the discussion immediately prior to Trump taking to the podium and after starting with: "A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting." asked his now infamous and ridiculously ignorant questions.

BTW, what world is he talking about?

Bill Bryan: (28:34)
For example, increasing the temperature and humidity of potentially contaminated indoor spaces appears to reduce the stability of the virus, and extra care may be warranted for dry environments that do not have exposure to solar light. We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster. We’re also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva. This is not the end of our work. As we continue to characterize this virus and integrate our findings into practical applications to mitigate exposure and transmission. I would like to thank the president, thank the vice president for their ongoing support and leadership to the department and for their work in addressing this pandemic. I would also like to thank the scientists not only in S and T and the NBAC, but to the larger scientific and R and D community. Thank you very much.

BTW, this is where the "bleach" comments came from. You do understand that he was talking about saliva on surfaces and in the air don't you?

Last edited by Gator Fan 79; 04-27-2020 at 05:47 PM..

Old 04-27-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Quote:
How about this....I want you to show us that your president said to inject lysol/clorox...

You support the msm against trump, so show us.....

No need to provide your opinion, we know that...

Non-answer, deflect, attempt at smear, outright dismissal.

A careful and thoughtful response that he/she apparently cuts/pastes. /s

Old 04-27-2020, 05:37 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Glad you posted this. Nowhere in the quote does it tell anyone to inject or consume Clorox, Scrubbing Bubbles (Joe Scarborough) or any other disinfectant. Nor does it even come close to hinting that people should. All it is, is rehashing what the director said right before Trump spoke, which is certain disinfectants do indeed kill the virus extremely quickly and the medical professionals will be researching any possible way to kill the virus that ravages the inside of the body. IOW, IS IT POSSIBLE to attack the virus INSIDE the body with SOME SORT OF DISINFECTANT? Is it possible to develop some sort of new or altered disinfectant which would be safe to use BY PHYSICIANS to help kill the virus? Not on yourself. Not without medical supervision. Not at all.

You all know damn well that if Obama or Biden rehashed the same thing the director said right before they spoke, you would be giving them a pass and the only reason you are all taking this way out of context and getting your panties in a wad is because Trump is POTUS......or any other Republican for that matter. It's all about politics and absolutely nothing else.

Neither Obama nor Biden has shown himself to be so incredibly ignorant as to ask such a ridiculous question. There are warnings on these products, and virtually everyone knows why we keep them out of the hands of children.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:48 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
What it exposed was, many anti-trumpers have no clue what critical thinking even is.

It showed that trump has no clue what THINKING is, critical or any other kind except self hyperbolics and lying. It was so pathetic watching him with all sincerity asking such a stupid question.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Neither Obama nor Biden has shown himself to be so incredibly ignorant as to ask such a ridiculous question. There are warnings on these products, and virtually everyone knows why we keep them out of the hands of children.
Trump has never even shopped for these kinds of products (nor barely any other common consumable). He was a sheltered brat in the home of a super rich parent. He was given enough money as a child to be a millionaire by age 8, and he does not personally use cleaning products, someone else always washes his toilets and changes his bed sheets (and it has been that way for him since he was a baby).

He knows next to nothing about how ordinary folks live, he almost certainly has never read the label on a disinfectant bottle. The man is oddly naive and clueless about the fundamentals of life, even of basic biology, but surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men who are afraid to be seen as contradicting the boss to his face ... so there was no one able to prevent him from making a fool of himself. He could not even imagine how dumb he sounded that day, it totally surprised him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies