Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 11:48 AM

989 posts, read 456,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. Look who showed up. YOU. Again, you must be so proud of Governor Blackface. But, hey relax, right?
Obvious you only read erroneous titles and not the link. I need to report this thread to a moderator for false information since the OP won't correct it. And now we see how false information proliferates. Low information population who WON'T READ.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:51 AM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
I hope the morons in VA who elected Northam enjoy watching their jobs and lives crumble after a few more months of unnecessary lockdowns. I do feel sorry for the outnumbered sane people who live in Virginia.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:08 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Obvious you only read erroneous titles and not the link. I need to report this thread to a moderator for false information since the OP won't correct it. And now we see how false information proliferates. Low information population who WON'T READ.
I never commented on the article, just Northam and his far left insanity. Low information types voted for him. Keep voting for anti American Progressives and get destructive, over controlling big government.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:19 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Exactly. Look who showed up. YOU. Again, you must be so proud of Governor Blackface. But, hey relax, right?
I have no issues with our elected Governor or how he has handled this situation but if he annoys you that's just an added bonus...

Old 04-26-2020, 12:22 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I have no issues with our elected Governor or how he has handled this situation but if he annoys you that's just an added bonus...
He doesn't annoy me and he's not my Governor, but I just think he's a hypocritical, idiot far leftist which speaks a lot for those whom like him and voted for him.

But I know TRUMP REALLY ANNOYS YOU.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:22 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What happened is that the Heakth Commissioner said that Phase 1 would last until a treatment or vaccine is available, and that he thinks we will be in Phase 1 for two years. There was such a uproar that the Governor said it could be shorter, maybe only 18 months. There was STILL an uproar, and the The Governor had to backtrack entirely, pulling back his Health Commissioner’s statement.

This is a perfect example of a trial balloon, and that the Democrats will push their control as far as they can get away with. They backed down when they saw their people would not accept it.

That still doesn’t answer how The Governor can play with the statistics to keep us in Phase 1. All he has to do is show that during any day during the 14-day timeline that cases go up. Well of course they’re going to go up. They’re testing more people!
What should happen, and what will happen, is that people will just resume life and disregard these silly edicts from Coonface. I run my daily errands where I need and want to, no gloves or mask, with my daughter in tow. Once enough do so, this nonsense will simply collapse.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
He doesn't annoy me and he's not my Governor, but I just think he's a hypocritical, idiot far leftist which speaks a lot for those whom like him and voted for him.

But I know TRUMP REALLY ANNOYS YOU.
I really like your I'm Rubber your Glue response...

No he's not your Governor and your off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the false topic of this post. Your just annoyed that we have had a clear, level headed approach to handling this illness and we are better for it.

Trump is a moron as he continually proves but November will determine who's next, either way we have the Clown Car known as Congress....

Old 04-26-2020, 02:42 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Nope, it's just that we're not willing to have 300 million people out of work and miserable until such time as the democrat machine says it's safe to return to life (which of course for them would be after the election).

The CV19 isn't "nothing" but it has been overblown.
Right. It's "overblown" until you actually get it.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:57 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
This isn’t about a virus anymore, it’s about how much can they get away with. It’s a mild respiratory illness for most. Should have never closed anything
It's definitely about the virus. We are just beginning with a disease that little is known about.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:15 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No. I am suggesting that the metrics be percentage of positives among those tested rather than just an absolute number of cases. That is because as our testing increases, so too will the number of cases. It doesn’t mean that the cases are actually increasing, only that increased testing identifies them.

For example, we had two consecutive days of lower cases, and then a day of increases. So the 14-day clock starts over. We can get to day 13, and then in day 14.....we test lots more people. That means we found more cases. And the clock starts over. We could be stuck in this for months, before we even get to Phase 1.

The governor is going to milk this for everything it’s worth.
Correct. You can have an increase in the number of cases due to increased testing, but still have a reduction in the percentage of the total. If you look at the state blueprint, it reads: Percentage of positive tests over 14 days moving downward

Did you read the governor's blueprint at all?

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/me...4-24-2020-.pdf

Last edited by tgbwc; 04-26-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies