Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 06:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then based on your view no state will ever meet the Federal Guideline for reopening because as testing abilities increase the threshold will continually move....

The Governor hasn't milked anything, he is a doctor by background so perhaps he understands the threat better than others who are in elected office. The only thing I see is the opposition trying to initiate a smear campaign to bring discredit before the November election.
1) The Republican governors who understand the irreparable harm, including loss of life, that will come by extended restrictions will not be fooling around with the testing numbers because they are not determined to keep the economy closed. The Democrat governors, who want to keep the economy closed, can do so by increasing testing. As I said, it should be measured by PERCENTAGES, not ABSOLUTES.

2) Yes, he’s a doctor, and thus he views the situation only through medical eyes, and isn’t taking a broader perspective as far as economic devastation.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:18 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Exactly. The story has been updated. We aren't talking a "two year lockdown".

As it is now, I have never felt as though we have been "locked down".
Yes and it was updated before half of these posters commented. They just didn’t read the article. I am glad that the governor is taking serious precautions.

I don’t feel locked down either. It’s a blessing to be in VA during this time, at least for many of us. I live in a community where there is so much space to exercise. I’m home...get at least 5 miles in per day. Eating healthy. Making the best of this.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:21 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,682,365 times
You’ve got to love gaslighting by the right.

There is no political advantage to keeping VA closed. On the contrary, the approval ratings of governors (R or D, the course VA is taking is the same that red and blue states are taking everywhere) will decrease over the period that social distancing measures remain in place.
How this is seen as a power move is beyond me....because it isn’t and no one on the right believes the talking points they parrot.

The Governor’s approval rating is at 68%. Nation-wide these measures enjoy very solid support from all Americans. You folks are just bitching because you are bratty children trying to feel something. I suggest you play with a folk and electrical outlet if you’re so under stimulated.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:24 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post

There is no political advantage to keeping VA closed. On the contrary, the approval ratings of governors (R or D, the course VA is taking is the same that red and blue states are taking everywhere) will decrease over the period that social distancing measures remain in place.
How this is seen as a power move is beyond me....because it isn’t and no one on the right believes the talking points they parrot.

The Governor’s approval rating is at 68%. Nation-wide these measures enjoy very solid support from all Americans. You folks are just bitching because you are bratty children trying to feel something. I suggest you play with a folk and electrical outlet if you’re so under stimulated.
Repped.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:27 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,909 times
blackface is a real extremest isn't he?

Old 04-26-2020, 06:34 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,080,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) The Republican governors who understand the irreparable harm, including loss of life, that will come by extended restrictions will not be fooling around with the testing numbers because they are not determined to keep the economy closed. The Democrat governors, who want to keep the economy closed, can do so by increasing testing. As I said, it should be measured by PERCENTAGES, not ABSOLUTES.

2) Yes, he’s a doctor, and thus he views the situation only through medical eyes, and isn’t taking a broader perspective as far as economic devastation.
So your saying that Republican Governors are bucking Federal Guidelines regardless of the outcome and Governor Northam is "Determined to keep the economy closed". But other than following the Federal Guideline how is he doing this? I think we will start opening within 2 weeks and will progress from there and with expansion of testing, the state will be in a far better position if a secondary flare up does occur.

We don't have the testing ability yet to measure percentages and the Federal Government set the standard they are working off of, so what's the problem...

Old 04-26-2020, 06:36 AM

10,091 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
As usual comprehension is not a trait of those who want to slam any Democratic leader, any reference in the article to this time line was not made by the Governor and the person quoted was referring to a possible time line for a vaccine to be available which then was revised to "Saturday morning, the Health Department clarified Oliver's statements, saying that producing a vaccine, a process that can take 12-18 months to be developed and tested, could take two years — not Phase One."
Forget it. They have their agenda, and common sense and reading comprehension doesn't have any part in their poutrage, All of them just want to beyotch about Northam and how awful he is. Wahhh.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:02 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Forget it. They have their agenda, and common sense and reading comprehension doesn't have any part in their poutrage, All of them just want to beyotch about Northam and how awful he is. Wahhh.
Governor Blackface is awful. You must be so proud.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:08 AM

989 posts, read 455,825 times
God people read the link before your stupid comments.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:10 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post

Cause it's one word. EMPATHY. Right wingers lack any sort of empathy. They cannot think of anyone else but themselves. To them...Covid-19 is nothing. If I don't have it? My inner circle of people don't have it? What is the big deal? It's nothing. Let those who have pre existing conditions stay home while the rest of us "live"

Guess what? The virus attacks everyone. Nobody knows how their body will react to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies