Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 10:03 PM

230 posts, read 114,948 times

Advertisements

Is not because of the stay at home orders. Actions have consequences and people going out, not wearing masks, and being irresponsible and not caring about others is what caused the stay at home orders. So if you want to blame anyone for economic collapse, blame people who don't stay home and spread the virus like wildfire. Because by not staying home and wearing masks when you go out, you are making it worse. Not just for yourself but for others too. I never wanted this to continue, but because people are so selfish they are responsible for the shut downs and they will happen again and again as long as we don't do it right.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
This what Ive tried to talk about in another post...American citizens have the RIGHT to protect themselves and their families...even if the threat comes from other citizens bad behavior, Some idiot in my city, that carelessly disregards all the safety precautions...IS PUTTING MY FAMILY IN DANGER BY HIS ACTIONS....that means, I have a right to protect myself against people like this.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:14 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
when I said this to someone else, I had you in mind. And here you are, with yet another topic.

Quote:
take this free advice for what it's worth.

it's getting to you, and you're putting it all on display. If that's what you're after, you're succeeding.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:29 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
Is not because of the stay at home orders. Actions have consequences and people going out, not wearing masks, and being irresponsible and not caring about others is what caused the stay at home orders. So if you want to blame anyone for economic collapse, blame people who don't stay home and spread the virus like wildfire. Because by not staying home and wearing masks when you go out, you are making it worse. Not just for yourself but for others too. I never wanted this to continue, but because people are so selfish they are responsible for the shut downs and they will happen again and again as long as we don't do it right.
First I would like to say is that your opinion is not wrong, but it's not right either.

My thing is this. America economic decline due to covid was a loose/loose situation and let me explain why. Thier are two competing philosophies. Either Safety and security, vs economic freedom and independence. Those who prefer safety and security do not mind working from home for the next two years, or if not have some sort of welfare, or unemployment insurance. Sad thing about safety and security is that jobs will be lost, production will be lost, and the United States will loose its economic edge to China and India.

Than you have those who want economic freedom and independence. These folks want busineses to open up right away to the way it us prior to the Pandemic. However the virus is still ravaging the nation, and if we reopen to soon, the virus can rise up again swamp the curve and kill 2 million people and sick tens of millions. Tens of millions sick will hurt the economy and production slow down sales, will kill millions of talented Americans, and China and India will be the economic edge going forward.

If you're college educated, career driven, coastal city, these people can work from home and will be fine. Most don't mind not having the economy reopening just as long as they get thier food deliveries by some immigrant or black or brown person. And for those who are poor and can not find work, file for unemployment, food stamps and welfare until thier is a vaccine. The college educated career types believe the economy should not open until their is a vaccine or a cure.

Than you have these blue collar types who live paycheck ot paycheck and don't even have money in thier saving accounts, don't have assets likely voted for Trump, or a black or brown blue collar coastal liberal who thinks white liberals and black academics give them appraisals and bonus points, (yeah right). These types of people can not afford to live without work and such people work hourly and do not have salaries. Those who value economic freedom and indepdnece want the nation to reopen. However if the nation reopen soon, those very same people who want to reopen can get sick, along with dying as well.

Lockign the nation down for 2 years vs reopening to 100% by May 1st or June 1st will be a loose /loose situation for all Americans economically. America must prepare not to be the dominate economy going forward 2020 and watch India and China be the largest economies. United States will bounce back, but Covid-19 caught the United States and the EU in its underbelly. As of today 1 Million Americans are infected with Covid-19 and more than 50k are dead. Closing for 6 months-2 years and reopening on May 1st will both destroy the American economy.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 04-26-2020 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2020, 11:05 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Is not because of the stay at home orders. Actions have consequences and people going out, not wearing masks, and being irresponsible and not caring about others is what caused the stay at home orders.
No, that's all wrong.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:24 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,647 times
The reason for the economic collapse is the "stay at home" orders plain and simple.

They should have had a stay at home order because the cat was out of the bag, it's been to little late. For a "stay at home" order to have worked they would have had to of tested everyone coming into the country in January and had them in quarentine for a long time and even then it likely would have spread.

There is no way to prevent getting it outside of staying in complete isolation. It is extremely contagious, 96% of people in a jail that tested were supposedly asymptomatic and people are spreading it for a very long time also.

It is a serious virus and there should be no limits in trying to find therapy or a vaccine. But now we have a massive amount of people very sick, massive amounts of people are carriers and the economy has collapsed.

There would have been a recession because of the strain on the system from the virus.

Now it is either a recession with lots of inflation coming soon or a depression.

We are now finding out that is very, very contagious and that there sadly is no way to avoid exposure except living in a cave.

It is a very, very serious virus but the cat has been out of the bag since January.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:45 AM

1,503 posts, read 607,118 times
Obvious (i.e. the ones that even govt cannot deny any longer) signs of economic collapse started in June'19 (REPO interventions, collapsing production output, etc). No virus existed yet.
Another hit was on March 4'20 (oil), when COVID19 hysteria here was just starting, and no closures happen yet.

Quarantine was just a last nail in the coffin of the already dead economy.
The true origin of the collapse? Reaganomics. Collapse of that deception was pre-determined from the inception. Nation simply cannot forever consume more than it produces. It was a temporary ride, now is a pay time.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:49 AM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
The reason for the economic collapse is so that democrats have a chance of electing dementia Joe Biden. Under normal, ordinary circumstances, no sane, rational nation would elect creepy PedJoe, which is why normalcy must be eliminated at all costs. The DNC will happily sacrifice the well being of the nation, and even the world, in order to get their way. The chances of their plandemic having the desired effect is minimal, but it does temporarily shield them from adult responsibilities like working and paying their way in life. So in the end, it will probably be seen as totally worth it for them.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:10 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
The stay at home orders happened prior to suggestions of wearing masks. The government even at first said masks weren't necessary. The social distancing stuff didn't even start until after things were shut down.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:53 AM

8,052 posts, read 12,772,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Obvious (i.e. the ones that even govt cannot deny any longer) signs of economic collapse started in June'19 (REPO interventions, collapsing production output, etc). No virus existed yet.
Another hit was on March 4'20 (oil), when COVID19 hysteria here was just starting, and no closures happen yet.

Quarantine was just a last nail in the coffin of the already dead economy.
The true origin of the collapse? Reaganomics. Collapse of that deception was pre-determined from the inception. Nation simply cannot forever consume more than it produces. It was a temporary ride, now is a pay time.
I agree with you. I'll add that I think the debt levels contributed. Our economy has been fueled by debt. Government debt, Corporate debt and consumer debt; at some point it needs to be paid back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies