Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 04:04 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
President Donald Trump said Monday that he is taking a malaria drug to lessen symptoms should he get the new coronavirus, despite warnings from his own government that it should only be administered in a hospital or research setting due to potentially fatal side effects.

Trump told reporters he has been taking the drug, hydroxychloroquine, and a zinc supplement daily “for about a week and a half now.” Trump spent weeks pushing the drug as a potential cure for COVID-19 against the cautionary advice of many of his administration's top medical professionals. The drug has the potential to cause significant side effects in some patients and has not been shown to combat the new coronavirus.

Trump said his doctor did not recommend the drug to him, but he requested it from the White House physician.

The Food and Drug Administration warned health professionals last month that the drug should not be used outside of hospital or research settings, due to sometimes fatal side effects. Regulators issued the alert after receiving reports of heart-rhythm problems, including deaths, from poison control centers and other health providers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...204052126.html

I think he is lying.
This is nuts.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:08 PM

565 posts, read 282,715 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8j5UMjPAc

Trump said that he (Dr. Bright) signed the authorization for use of hydroxychloroquine. While technically true Bright explained in his testimony that he “limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine” and “insisted that these drugs be provided only to hospitalized patients with confirmed COVID-19 while under the supervision of a physician.”

This is a lie by omission. Bright testified that he did all he could to stop the hydroxychloroquine steamroller.

Trump then tries to drag Bright through the mud by, without evidence:

"He also happens to be, if you look... see whether or not, I won't put it on me I'll put it on you. See whether or not he was a big contributor to the Democrats. See whether or not he wanted the Democrats to win. No, there's a lot of bad things coming out about him."

This borders on slander/libel. As usual, after the damage is done, Trump adds a little qualifier. Despicable.

BTW BoBro have you reviewed Bright's testimony yet?

Last edited by Gator Fan 79; 05-18-2020 at 04:32 PM..

Old 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
so Raw Story is a better source than the actual source, CNN?

I'm sure the 22 cases and zero deaths in Butte County, CA mean nothing. Or whether the church was in Chico (~40% of county pop) or not. Or whether there was any mask-wearing ... including possibly the person found infected the next day. Or what size the space is that housed 180 people. Or whether, since the article was written 6 days after the service, any of the 180 had tested positive?
Here's an LATimes article update:

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...re-to-covid-19

the church was Palermo Bible Family Church, in a community of 5,400 people 15-20 miles from Chico. However, based on photos, it's small sanctuary and doesn't look like 180 people would be 6 ft apart from each other. Still no word on mask-wearing.
And your point is what? That it should be ok to pack people in a church? I don't know how many people tested positive in that church, the parishioners are not obligated to test. In Sac County a Slavic evangelical mega church had a service and of the parishioners who requested testing 73 people tested positive and one died.

Even after that the church members continued to have prayer meetings in homes or offices with 25-30 people attending. I don't know how many people outside of the church goers caught the virus from them, but the numbers in Sac County were quite low until then, they subsequently represented 22% of the known cases in the county. And by April 1st 1/3 of the cases in Sacramento County could be traced to church services. https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...241715346.html

Old 05-18-2020, 05:25 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And your point is what? That it should be ok to pack people in a church? I don't know how many people tested positive in that church, the parishioners are not obligated to test.
my point is - NeutralParty lives by twitter, and posted a tweet with no more thought than the tweet itself had.

A church that can hold a service with social distancing measures should be OK. A church that cannot, should not IMO (why I said "No way they could be 6 ft apart). But none of the evidence presented before my post provided details beyond "Church bad!" and th opinions of some bitter people akin to wishing harm.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:28 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post

BTW BoBro have you reviewed Bright's testimony yet?
Assuming I'm BoBro, no not yet. I've been working some today, though I will watch it.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:45 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Many would have us believe that because Trump was publicly saying "everything is OK. We've got this under control" that others within government weren't actually taking steps to combat the virus. That since Trump said (as late as March 2nd) that the virus would be handled, that nothing had been done until after that date.

Is that clearer? I can go find one of their posts.
To be entirely fair, trump's schedule during that time was filled with endless rallies and golf trips. Who's got time for viruses, really.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
uh huh. what is coronavirus' mode of replication? does it use reverse transcriptase?
Nope it does not.

I posted a video about the Coronavirus Replication Cycle and if you took the time to watch it, you would find that reverse transcriptase is NOT used anywhere in this Replication Cycle pathway.

Again you have no understanding at all and I doubt you ever will.

Watch that video in post #2374, and don't come back until you can name all the players involved in the Coronavirus Replication pathway. In fact don't come back until you can explain step by step the Coronavirus Replication pathway.

Not one of those players is reverse transcriptase.

Do you want to know why? You should not even have to think about it.

SARS-CoV-2 is an RNA virus. Why would it use reverse transcriptase to make more copies of itself?

cDNA is not generated or used anywhere in the Coronavirus Replication pathway...because it's an RNA virus not a DNA virus.

cDNA is not generated anywhere in the Coronavirus Replication pathway. If you disagree let me see your scientific evidence?

Last edited by Matadora; 05-18-2020 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-18-2020, 08:24 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
uh huh. what is coronavirus' mode of replication? does it use reverse transcriptase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nope it does not.
then it's not a retrovirus. thanks for playing

Quote:
I posted a video about the Coronavirus Replication Cycle and if you took the time to watch it you would find that no reverse transcriptase is used anywhere in this Replication Cycle pathway.
exactly my point.

Quote:
Again you have no understanding at all and I doubt you ever will.
this from the poster who imagines a retrovirus lacking reverse transcriptase activity. lol.

Quote:
Watch that video in post #2374, and don't come back until you can name all the players involved in the Coronavirus Replication pathway. In fact don't come back until you can explain step by step the Coronavirus Replication pathway.

Not one of those players is reverse transcriptase.
once again, exactly my point.

Quote:
Do you want to know why?
i already know. you still seem to be struggling.

Quote:
You should not even have to think about it.
yup. and i don't. i led you into a trap of your own ignorance and arrogance, then watched you wallow around in it . enjoy!

Quote:
SARS-CoV-2 is an RNA virus. Why would it use reverse transcriptase to make more copies of itself?
it wouldn't unless it was a retrovirus. that's what you claimed, over and over and over and over again. remember?

Quote:
DNA is not used anywhere in the Coronavirus Replication pathway...because it's an RNA virus not a DNA virus.
keep smackin'. then realize, to your embarassment, that HIV-1 is an actual RNA retrovirus that does use DNA in its replication.

then smack some more.

Quote:
cDNA is not generated anywhere in the Coronavirus Replication pathway. If you disagree let me see your scientific evidence?
of course i don't disagree. that's why it's, by definition, NOT a retrovirus

Quote:
say, any luck finding a single publication describing sars-cov-2 as a retrovirus yet?
why not?
^ hours later, still waiting. what's the problem?

Last edited by uggabugga; 05-18-2020 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-18-2020, 08:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
cue sad trombone...

can we take up a collection to send mattie to junior college?

Old 05-18-2020, 08:47 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Your both talking smack about something which is far more simple than your posts. An RNA virus contains so many code errors that it cannot sustain itself. A DNA virus does not contain those errors and it can endure.

Why make it complicated? Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies