Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:55 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Justice 4 Baby-TrayTray, I still cannot get over his death!
He was such a nice little boy.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
WRONG. Following someone is non confrontational and not aggressive.

He was supposed to, being part of the Neighborhood Watch. He was only observing Martin.

Martin confronted Zimmerman aggressively and assaulted him with obvious intent to harm or kill.
Wrong. Local law enforcement (the cops who were, by the way, on the way to the scene) advised him that they didn't need him following Martin on foot. And I'm willing to bet that there is not a legitimate Neighborhood Watch program in the entire country that okays their members to patrol their neighborhoods on foot while armed.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:07 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He was such a nice little boy.
No he was a wanna be thug. He came to the end that was likely to happen anyway.

I just debate the idea that there was any evidence at all that Martin initiated the confrontation, or that Zimmerman was the good guy.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:08 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Pilot I can usually meet you half way but ....

Following someone at night isn't aggressive behavior? So you would have no issue with a stranger following your wife or daughter at night? None?

He wasn't on the watch that night, and even if he was, if memory serves, one of the rules was not to carry while acting as neighborhood watch. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

How do you know that Martin confronted Zimmerman? What is your proof? The only evidence is that at some point Martin was getting the better of Zimmerman.

I wouldn't want Martin or Zimmerman for neighbors. I do know this. Honest people will admit that having a stranger follow them at night feels threatening and feel that it is unacceptable behavior.
Both are trash and defending either of them would not be the hill I would want to die on.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:11 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Both are trash and defending either of them would not be the hill I would want to die on.
Hell, George Zimmerman is a hill I wouldn't want to even break a sweat on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies