Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 11:48 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Good, I am SO over this stay at home thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/customers...232705511.html

Quote:
This video shows the crowded scene inside a C&C Coffee and Kitchen store in Castle Rock on Mother’s Day morning. Few customers appear to be wearing face masks or distancing from one another to the extent suggested by federal and state officials.

Colorado Gov Jared Polis’s ‘Safer at Home’ order, which encourages six feet of distance between people, remains in effect until May 27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulTS0IDpg_M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 11:48 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Well it may have been required for a while but the idea we can do it long term is ludicrous

Old 05-10-2020, 11:51 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
The shame and horror

Old 05-11-2020, 12:10 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,544,686 times
"Give me liberty or give me death 2020"
People know it's a risk, but do it anyway. Staying home until there's a vaccine is just not gonna happen. People would go mental!

Old 05-11-2020, 12:14 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Brainwashed - clearly. List of articles I've read on this issue must be approaching 1,000 going back to January when the news began filtering from China.

There is no way I want to undergo many weeks of teeth chattering chills, fever, night sweats, possible lung/kidney/heart damage - and permanent brain impairment due to oxygen deprivation - which CAN happen if one is unlucky enough.

Not all hospitals are equal. Those in areas with few cases will not be nearly as skillful and knowledgeable handling this disease as those who've been in the trenches for months.

I will never in the foreseeable future ever attend any indoor public event like a concert, play - nor any outdoor sports event like a football game - and certainly will not visit crowded restaurants and bars - much as I will really miss my favs.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Seems odd that nobody is wearing a mask. Not one person.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:04 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
I remember how Rain Man wouldn't fly on any airline that had ever had a crash. Now almost everyone has Rain Man Mania. Stay inside! Cower in your cave!!

Old 05-11-2020, 01:22 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
No coffee is worth ending up connected to a ventilator or with some nasty blood clot. These people are either VERY stupid or have been brainwashed... or both.

We don’t know how our bodies will react. We could be part of the unlucky group who gets the nasty complications. You all go ahead and expose yourselves if you want to. I am not gonna expose myself unnecessarily for a stupid cup of coffee.
I think most people are now confident that if they end up with the virus that they will be one of the 80% of the people who won't require professional medical care. For people under 40 the odds are even better. Most people don't include those over age 65 or 70. They might as well stay home.

While buying stuff at Wal-Mart today for the first time since April it appeared for the most part only the workers had masks on. There are only 22 cases in town with 21 recovered, so I think the townspeople think the threat isn't as severe as the media tries to hype it.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-11-2020 at 01:34 AM..

Old 05-11-2020, 01:43 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
The threat was never that most people would die. The threat was that too many people would get sick at the same time and overwhelm hospitals, collapsing the healthcare system and causing collateral death.

AND that a huge chunk of vulnerable populations along with whoever won the death lottery among the younger healthy set would die too.

And we were never supposed to stay quarantined until a vaccine came. We were supposed to stay in long enough to get testing and whatnot up and running so we could figure out how to most effectively live with this until the vaccine arrives. Stay in a few months, flatten the curve, then come back out slowly.

But NO, Americans have to be... I dont even know what to call it. So much misinformation and ignorance and entitlement.

We deserve everything that’s coming to us. I give up on this country.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:04 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta loca View Post
No coffee is worth ending up connected to a ventilator or with some nasty blood clot.

We don’t know how our bodies will react. We could be part of the unlucky group who gets the nasty complications. You all go ahead and expose yourselves if you want to. I am not gonna expose myself unnecessarily for a stupid cup of coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
People know it's a risk, but do it anyway. Staying home until there's a vaccine is just not gonna happen. People would go mental!
Both of these are correct at the same time.

At some point - and we are reaching that point now - individual humans, who have their own sovereignty by nature, have to decide for themselves - the very stupid, the plain stupid, and the less stupid alike - what risks to take and what risks not to take.

True, some have a wider range of choices than others, and some are more or less stupid, but even the head of the Minnesota Federal Reserve said the American people will decide when the lock downs are over and - I add - they are deciding one by one, one risk at a time.

Happy risk management, everyone, happy life!

[P.S. There will NOT be a once-in-a-lifetime pinpoint vaccine. Happy lifelong risk management!]

Last edited by bale002; 05-11-2020 at 02:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies