Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 06:19 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

Technically Mormons who practice polygamy are giving birth out of wedlock and cheating welfare but no body is bothered by it. Black people need to call what they do religious and serving some God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 06:24 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Technically Mormons who practice polygamy are giving birth out of wedlock and cheating welfare but no body is bothered by it. Black people need to call what they do religious and serving some God.
A lot of people are bothered by it and they have been the subject of law enforcement for a long time.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:30 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
1) I was talking about children raised in SINGLE MOTHER HOUSEHOLDS, not just single parent households. Read link: https://wws.princeton.edu/faculty-re...arried-mothers

I said SINGLE MOTHER, not single parent. Get it right.
Childhood poverty is significantly correlated to single-parent households, regardless of whether that "parent" is the mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or a friend. The fact that the Black population, with it's very high rate of childhood poverty, does very little to nothing to improve that deleterious condition is the real travesty. It's self-inflicted.

Got it?

Old 05-18-2020, 07:25 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
A lot of people are bothered by it and they have been the subject of law enforcement for a long time.
It is an example of how hard being black is in America. Mormons are not hiding from anyone. I was in St. George once and everyone seemed so happy and "normal." Except they were doing the same thing that black people are reviled for doing. If it is not bad for their culture why is it bad for black people's culture?
Perhaps the problems in the inner city are not related to one man having babies by multiple women and the Women getting the state to pay for it. Its working fine for Mormons.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:18 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,864,874 times
Stupidity is a reason.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:32 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
It is an example of how hard being black is in America. Mormons are not hiding from anyone. I was in St. George once and everyone seemed so happy and "normal." Except they were doing the same thing that black people are reviled for doing. If it is not bad for their culture why is it bad for black people's culture?
Perhaps the problems in the inner city are not related to one man having babies by multiple women and the Women getting the state to pay for it. Its working fine for Mormons.
Mainstream Mormons do not practice polygamy and the fundamentalists that do do hide it.

And it is bad for them. They abuse the women and the children. The children have to do hard labor. Most of them are very poor and ill educated.

I watched 'Escape from Polygamy' and for some reason this stayed with me. One of the women they were having a hard time rescuing was walking around this 'house' that looked like it had carpet, but you couldn't step in many places because there was no floor underneath.

Her husband was either poor or he didn't like her very much.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:35 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Do you really think that is a credible comparison?

Mormons are a mere 2% of the population. Those that practice polygamy- small splinter groups not recognized by the LDS- are a minority of a minority- statistically insignificant.

What's next? Comparing inner city black folks to Martians?

Old 05-18-2020, 08:56 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Childhood poverty is significantly correlated to single-parent households, regardless of whether that "parent" is the mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or a friend. The fact that the Black population, with it's very high rate of childhood poverty, does very little to nothing to improve that deleterious condition is the real travesty. It's self-inflicted.

Got it?
There are alot less poor children coming from single father households than single mother households. Look at most of the children in the Black population coming from very bad upbringings. Statistically, they come from situations where they are being raised by impoverished single mother homes where the father is not around. And Black male children are the most affected. "Single parent" is misleading. Childhood poverty is strongly correlated with being raised in a single mother household where there is no father is sight.

Something else. How many of those kids being raised by single parents come from DIVORCED households? Are you going to address the high rate of divorce in the Black population? Ever address relatively high rates of spousal violence? This is what I bring up the things that I do. High rates of single motherhood, it underscores other issues. Issues that cutting off welfare will never fix.

Let me tell you something. What do you expect me to do about this issue? I'm already doing my part by not producing any kids at all. It's being discussed over and over, with little results. And the people discussing it the most are often those who just want to complain about "all the trouble Blacks are causing for this country". I doubt many of the persons discussing this actually care about Black people. And Black people who do care and are discussing this problem, ever notice how some people just tune them out? I do.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:10 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
There is a difference between polygamy and being loose in the pants. As much as polygamy is reviled, I will say this. In polygamy, the man knows who all of his kids are, and whom he had them by. And he is supporting several kids. What we get in the inner cities is not one man who is actually MARRIED to several women. We have cases where a few men have sex with multiple women (and some women having sex with multiple men). The man isn't married or even taking care of his kids. In some cases he doesn't know he has kids.

As for what goes on in St. George, the mainstream LDS church has outlawed polygamy. Only the Fundamentalist LDS (the splinter group) does polygamy. It isn't good for their culture and it has caused some issues, issues that many refuse to talk about. I will say this though.

I also think about this. Alot of Whites in Utah are very religious. Alot of Black Americans are religious. However, the out of wedlock birth rate is high within the Black American population. Perhaps the issue is the church isn't going after the issue strong enough.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
There are alot less poor children coming from single father households than single mother households.
Because 80% of single parent families are headed by women.

Quote:
Look at most of the children in the Black population coming from very bad upbringings. Statistically, they come from situations where they are being raised by impoverished single mother homes where the father is not around. And Black male children are the most affected. "Single parent" is misleading. Childhood poverty is strongly correlated with being raised in a single mother household where there is no father is sight.
Of course they are raised in poverty because the father abandoned them.
Single parenthood isn't misleading. Your absurd post saying children raised by a single parent dad are not a problem when we know for a fact that children raised by single parent dads are less educated, make less money, and commit crime at a much higher rate than children raised in 2 parent families.

Quote:
Something else. How many of those kids being raised by single parents come from DIVORCED households? Are you going to address the high rate of divorce in the Black population? Ever address relatively high rates of spousal violence? This is what I bring up the things that I do. High rates of single motherhood, it underscores other issues. Issues that cutting off welfare will never fix.
Money is the number one reason for divorce.

Quote:
Let me tell you something. What do you expect me to do about this issue? I'm already doing my part by not producing any kids at all. It's being discussed over and over, with little results.
It's not about you, but good job.

Quote:
And the people discussing it the most are often those who just want to complain about "all the trouble Blacks are causing for this country".
You made this up. As if the single parent hood rate which produces children who make less money, are less educated, and commit a much. much higher rate of crime is racist. Go play your repulsive race card elsewhere.

Quote:
I doubt many of the persons discussing this actually care about Black people. And Black people who do care and are discussing this problem, ever notice how some people just tune them out? I do.
lol You make excuses and disregard human nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies