Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 08:01 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times

Advertisements

Time for some introspection.
I'm not knowledgeable on this topic, but I'm sure there must be examples of America having caused great damage to the world, and not having to pay for it?

Should we do some accounting and calculate how much America owes the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 08:03 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Yikes! Another America-hating leftist. Are you just trying to deflect from how horrible China has been - knowingly unleashing this virus on the world?

Old 05-07-2020, 08:11 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
I'm not knowledgeable on this topic, but I'm sure there must be examples of America having caused great damage to the world, and not having to pay for it?

We pay countries that hate us millions and billions of dollars a year. There isn't a more charitable or benevolent country when it comes to foreign aid than America. The question should be what do we get in return for all this? China has done nothing but send out a bunch of faulty tests, lie, withhold the genome sequence, suppress information, silence their own medical professionals who tried to speak out about the virus when it first started and then released it upon the world to where no country hasn't been impacted. But America is the bad guy here?

Old 05-07-2020, 08:14 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:

Sure, let's start with how America invented gunpowder. Just think of all the deaths we're responsible for.

P.S. Just to share the laugh on a Thursday, this is the rep someone left me on this post.

Quote:
How about all the guns the us introduces around the world and all the fake wars? You find that funny too? When children are killed do you also smile?
Responses:
1) Yeah, how about that.
2) Fake wars? If it's a fake war then nobody got hurt.
3) Smile when children are killed? Hmmmm.....be more specific please. Everybody is the child of someone. Is this a Hitler philosphy question?

Last edited by Mathguy; 05-07-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-07-2020, 08:15 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:

If you aren’t knowledgeable on the topic, how can you have introspection?

Go do some reading.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:39 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:

Lol... South America has a bill in bodies & dollars to submit.

All the dictators we propped up? The drug trade we condoned? The paramilitary groups were funded & trained?

Lawd...

These people trying to hold China financially responsible are the same ones who threw fits when we returned money we stole from Iran.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:48 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Oh, let's see: defeated the empire of Japan, allowing China to remove the occupying army from its borders.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:59 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
A little retrospection never hurt anybody.

How can we despise the deep state if we are not paying attention to what they do?

Old 10-01-2021, 07:00 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yikes! Another America-hating leftist. Are you just trying to deflect from how horrible China has been - knowingly unleashing this virus on the world?
China physically made and released the virus. But it was Americans---George Soros and Anthony Fauci---who sponsored it and planned it, in order to throw Trump under the bus. They sponsored and planned the BLM/Antifa looters too; that's why those groups are exempt from Covid restrictions. Then again, China could have refused, but did not, and took the money instead. Nobody playing a part in making Covid happen is free of blame.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:52 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
When you're done with your list, let's make a list of how much of our tax dollars have gone to each country from....ohhh, let's say 1950 through today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies