Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 03:49 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times

Advertisements

https://socaldailypulse.com/uncatego...ic-on-covid-2/

Quote:
On May 4th, CBS News published that they were in receipt of pictures of Rep. Harley Rouda enjoying time on the ritzy, semi-private beach of Emerald Bay in Laguna Beach.

Rouda’s campaign manager, issued a statement that the freshman Congressman and his family were obeying social distancing, but that same rationale somehow didn’t not apply to the coastal residents of Orange County that Rep. Harley Rouda is meant to represent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 06:07 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Rouda is worthless. He does jack **** for OC unless it benefits the libs

Old 05-05-2020, 08:12 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,902 times
Emerald Bay is a PRIVATE BEACH. Not going to have tons of people from Inland Orange County, LA, Riverside, and San Bernardino County flocking there in huge 4th of July Coney Island style masses like they will at Huntington Beach and Newport Beach not socially distancing or actively using the beach (just walking, surfing, swimming, etc...not laying out all day)...spreading the disease.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:56 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,313,475 times
Interesting I been trying to ask this question.
Though I noticed that Orange County forum seems far less active compared to other forums.
Whether the Mr. Newsom’s orders affected those with backyards as the beach or a private beach as private beaches in CA I heard are officially easements with public rights of way to the high tide line.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:08 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Emerald Bay is a PRIVATE BEACH. Not going to have tons of people from Inland Orange County, LA, Riverside, and San Bernardino County flocking there in huge 4th of July Coney Island style masses like they will at Huntington Beach and Newport Beach not socially distancing or actively using the beach (just walking, surfing, swimming, etc...not laying out all day)...spreading the disease.
What are you? Harley's PR flack? There are NO private Beaches in California. Even if Emerald Bay was a "private beach" Rouda going to the beach makes it look like there are rules for the "little people" and different rules for the ruling elites.

“Let me tell you about the [Congresspeople]. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born a [Congressperson], it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different. ”

Apologies to Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:

They shouldn't be questioning regal democrat king Rouda. The plebs from the Inland Empire and San Berdoo were out of line!

Old 05-06-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Even if Emerald Bay was a "private beach"
Emerald Bay isn't even a "private" beach. I owned a home in Laguna Beach and I used to paddle board to Emerald bay all the time, and catch rays.

Also, and I don't like giving this tip away, but I've used it numerous times. Just follow a car in on PCH and Bay Crest. The little barrier there stays open forever once a car codes in, and you can just follow them in easily. It's such a high traffic gate I never had to wait for more than 1-2 minutes to just follow someone in.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:08 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
There's no such thing as a private beach in California. Tidelands are open access. Anyone could rightfully walk in there during low tide. In fact, the article calls it a "semi-private" beach.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:30 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,238,204 times
E-Bay is a little tricky one. It's semi-private because no one knows who to access it if you're not a local resident given the cliffs, private roads, and gated communities. Swimmers, boarders, and boaters know how to get to the beach by way of the ocean. Technically the beach not private; but access to the beach is extremely limited.

In my opinion, OC should work out some sort of arrangement to limit the crowds...like having locals use the beach from Tuesday through Thursday. Limit the parking for the weekend out-of-towner people and encourage them to do other things if they can't find parking in 5 minutes. The problem is some people are coming out from 50 miles away and are determined to use the beach regardless of how crowded it is. By keeping locals away on the weekend, it should be about 50% less crowded. Let the beach have a break on Monday.

But yeah, we've been hit with a confluence of bad timing. There's the beautiful days of Spring time, a couple of heat-waves, good surf, and bio-luminescent waves at night time...combine that with cooping people up for 4-6 weeks due to a pandemic and you're going to have people itching to get to the beach.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:29 AM

68 posts, read 149,150 times
The problem is that we have politicians, leaders and people of influence telling the "common folk" to do one thing (stay inside, don't go out for non-essential business, etc.) yet they fail to heed their own instructions. Another example is of President Obama golfing as Mrs. Obama is issuing a PSA telling everyone to stay home. It wreaks of hypocrisy and undermines our faith in them. And yes, I realize that there are hypocrites on both sides, this is not a D vs. R issue, it's an issue of leadership not leading by example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies